NBA 2016-17 Season Thread - Knicks in 6

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Besides Lebron name one starter on the Cavs that you would take over a starter on the Warriors. I really hope this series starts being competitive tonight and ends up going at least six games. If it doesn't, I don't know how much Basketball I will bother watching next year.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Besides Lebron name one starter on the Cavs that you would take over a starter on the Warriors. I really hope this series starts being competitive tonight and ends up going at least six games. If it doesn't, I don't know how much Basketball I will bother watching next year.

Tristan Thompson over Zaza Pachulia. That one was easy, give us something else.

Szlia

If the Warriors win the next two, some soul searching will be needed at the NBA, because your product is not very interesting if at the start of the season everyone knows exactly what will happen and it happens exactly.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
But what could the NBA have done to prevent this? Make FA not free? The players only have themselves to blame for pushing the salary cap explosion immediately instead of a steady increase. The Warriors did zero shady work here. They signed one big name FA. That's it.

Oh I know, they could have not suspended Draymond due to LeBron's whining. Then the Warriors would be stuck with a $30 million per year Harrison Barnes.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Cavs turn it around here and win 4 straight.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!
They should probably start winning some quarters first.

A team going 16-0 in the playoffs while sweeping the defending champions is definitely a cause for concern. This is fucking ridiculous.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
LeBron goes to the bench and it's a 10-0 run lol.

Can I say sweep? Oh ya. Sweep coming.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Lebron plays in the first how everyone think MJ played every second of his career.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Zaza is a starter? News to me!
What do you consider a starter? Just because he isn't one of their stars doesn't mean he isn't a starter.

starters.PNG

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I don't watch a lot of basketball but what's stopping other teams from creating super teams? Can't guys take salary reductions and create teams under the cap? I mean you might have 6 viable teams but isn't that better then 1?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't watch a lot of basketball but what's stopping other teams from creating super teams? Can't guys take salary reductions and create teams under the cap? I mean you might have 6 viable teams but isn't that better then 1?
Mostly comes down to ego. Most of the guys that are great players have a hard time not being the guy on the team. Nothing is stopping them from doing it though.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Other teams have to be willing to pay the luxury tax also. Your smaller market teams aren't going to do that and players gravitate towards the coasts.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Lol at curry passing up the for sure wide open dunk on the fast break and jacks up a somewhat contested three instead. Ballsy ballsy