NBA 2016 Off-Season Thread

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
For all the Grizzlies and Kings fans holding out hope, Lebron just announced that he will sign a 3 year, $100 million, contract with the Cavs. Player option for year 3. He will be the highest paid NBA player this year.

Speaking of LeBron, the GOAT, the man who led a 1-3 comback against a 73 win team with the two time reigning MVP - now that we signed Birdman I smell a repeat coming. I just wonder what's taking so long with the JR Smith deal :(

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I remember when I said the same things this past season. Warriors aren't going to have Barnes shooting 2-22 or some shit this postseason.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Barring injuries or stray asteroids wiping out the human race a Warriors / Cavs Finals three peat seems inevitable. I'd say the Warriors have the edge but you simply cannot count out any Lebron led team. As good as he is we've seen just how fragile Curry can be so his health I'd going to be an X-Factor to keep an eye on. And I'm hoping the Durant experiment falls on its face. Not likely, I know, but I still want to see it implode as a Cavs fan.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It's nice to know that Gaige Gaige is back to follow Lebron around like a puppy; proving that you don't need to know shit about basketball to be a bandwagon NBA fan!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't get this Curry is fragile thing. He missed like two games this year and about the same the previous couple years.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It's nice to know that Gaige Gaige is back to follow Lebron around like a puppy; proving that you don't need to know shit about basketball to be a bandwagon NBA fan!
Yeah, and the NBA thread will once again be totally unreadable. Thankfully, the ignore feature will work wonders toward fixing that!

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saric has been great in the olympics. Really can't wait for this season to start. So many things to look forward to as a sixers fan!

• 1Cutler

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Saric has been great in the olympics. Really can't wait for this season to start. So many things to look forward to as a sixers fan!
How are they going to manage touches with five future hall of famers on that roster?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How are they going to manage touches with five future hall of famers on that roster?

That's a good question! I personally think Noel is traded before the season starts. Embiid will be limited to start the year so I think we will see more of Okafor with Embiid sitting on back to back games. Even if we go into the season with all 3 bigs, Embiid will probably play the least amount of minutes. Also I think Simmoms and Saric will be moving around a bit. Simmons at the 1 on offense and Saric at the 4 but them playing the 3 and 4 on defense.

• 1Cutler

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rumor is Noel bulked to 240.. He's been lifting and eating 7k calories a day. I've been back and forth on who to trade.. Noel or Okafor. I guess it depends on the return but I'm leaning towards keeping Noel

IDC if you don't want to hear about my Sixers, Alex... We will be dethroning your team before you know it!

• 1Cutler

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Utah, Portland, Boston, and Minnesota have much better chances of doing that. Minnesota dude. Think about that for a minute. Minnesota.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Utah, Portland, Boston, and Minnesota have much better chances of doing that. Minnesota dude. Think about that for a minute. Minnesota.

We will make that list, Simmons is legit and so is Saric. He was awesome during the Olympics. I personally think Embiid is going to be a fucking beast. Just those 3 players alone have me stoked but we are looking good for 2 lottery picks in the draft next season as well.

I'm not a fan of Boston. I just don't see it.

Wolves have all the players I wanted so it's hard for me to not see how good they will be. I honestly believe there is a good chance Wolves and Sixers will be seeing each other in a finals 3-5 years from now.

P.S. Mark my words- Dunn will be the leader of that team by years end.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
We will make that list, Simmons is legit and so is Saric. He was awesome during the Olympics. I personally think Embiid is going to be a fucking beast. Just those 3 players alone have me stoked but we are looking good for 2 lottery picks in the draft next season as well.

I'm not a fan of Boston. I just don't see it.

Wolves have all the players I wanted so it's hard for me to not see how good they will be. I honestly believe there is a good chance Wolves and Sixers will be seeing each other in a finals 3-5 years from now.

P.S. Mark my words- Dunn will be the leader of that team by years end.
Who else is LEGIT? There has to be more 6ers that are legit beyond those three. What kind of role do you think Stauskas is going to play on that finals team 4 years from now? Like legit 6th man of the year, JJ Redick but better, right? I just wish every player drafted or signed or traded for by the Wolves became instant super stars like they do in Philly.

Last week you were learning toward Noel over Okafor. Any tweets you pick up on this week that make you go with Jah now?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You make it sound like I'm speaking crazy talk by mentioning those guys! Do you disagree that Simmons, Saric and Embiid will be legit NBA players? Maybe that word throws you off but we haven't had a roster of "legit" NBA players in a few years outside a few.

Sauce wont be on this team. He's not legit.. but Luwawu will be.

Never said superstars, but let's face it.. Simmons most likely will be.. don't hate on me b/c I drop all the analytics and forum E rep concerns and just get excited about my team. You want to be one of those safe fans that don't go all in until your team "proves themselves" be my guest! I'm fucking all in on my SIXERS BABY!!

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler