NBA 2016 Off-Season Thread

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Bulls are idiots, imo, if they make a trade for Dunn, or even Dunn and Lavine. I just don't understand that. It's not like Butler is old and he's under contract for a while, plus he's a centerpiece type player. Even if they're rebuilding, it makes sense to keep him -- any rebuilding would hypothetically hope to be contending in 3-4 years, before Butler's contract is up.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It will absolutely have to include lavine and I'm totally in favor.
rrr_img_136138.png

Edit: The Butler for Dunn trade is dead I think from what I've read elsewhere.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Wolves should absolutely throw in Lavine if that trade is still alive. Fuck, live with Rubio & run out Rubio, Butler, Wiggins, KAT... shiiiieeet.

Some local guys here in Dallas saying that Orlando is clearly making a play for Parsons & Howard/Horford dream scenario. Mavs apparently love a sign & trade for Fournier and cap space for Conley & Whiteside. Obviously being a Mavs fan, who cried on this board last year... I know better than to get my hopes up.

A) They get some solid guys (Conley, Whiteside/Gasol etc).
B) Team tank dream may get going, and Dallas urges to Dirk to search for a ring.

It's pretty well known, Dirk does not want to leave, unless its a last case scenario. I don't have much faith in the FO to hit it big during the off-season, especially after the Nash, DWill/Howard, & then Jordan debacles.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So... the MIN-PHI offer, as it turns out, was Nerlens Noel, Robert Covington, Timothe Luwawu and Furkan Korkmaz for Kris Dunn

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
We come back to the debate that there was no way Noel was worth the #3 pick in this draft. I think it's over.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Convo, I owe you a beer if Dunn turns into a real player. I'll be happy to buy it for you if it ends up the case.

I wanted Murray there, obviously, but I was only really going to be upset upset had they passed on Bender. With him off the board, I definitely preferred other guys to Dunn but it isn't the end of the world. Hopefully he's legit out of the gate, because we need a backup PG desperately.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really wanted Dunn, It sucks Ainge overplayed his hand, haven't had time to see Boston's reaction but I hear it's not good. He basically passed on a true need for his team b/c he wanted to swindle us. I'm not big on Brown, he's a project and does nothing to help Boston win now. Hope they have fun in mediocre land.

As for Dunn.. I know you're not high on him but here is what you get on day 1. A lock down defender and a player that will bring real attitude to your team. And to be honest, you guys could use attitude. He's a leader man, and your big 3 is complete imo.

But I really Love the Luwawu And Korkmaz picks. Luwawu is so much upside. this is non homer opinion

So much size on our roster but we need to figure out a PG. we have 2 potential picks in the lottery next year so that's where I want our future PG to come from. We just need someone in the mean time. Maybe Ish again or we trade with Houston for Beverly.

Embiid - 7'2"
Noel - 6'11"
Okafor - 6'11"
Simmons - 6'10"
Saric - 6'10"
Covington - 6'9"
Thompson - 6'8"
Korkmaz - 6'8"
Grant - 6'8"
Holmes - 6'8"
Luwawu - 6'6"
Stauskas - 6'6

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
OKC has really improved. With Oladipo and Westbrook in the backcourt....their defense will be the one of the best in the NBA. Then you look at Adams and the rookie big to go along with Eryasova shooting the the 3 and rebounding at the same clip as Ibaka, and realize if they can keep Durant, that is one of the best teams in the league easily. They were one 5 minute stretch of solid defense away from the Finals this year, and now they add even more pieces so they can only get better.

Ibaka has turned into shit overnight. Not even 2 years ago ESPN was doing short film pieces about him giving back to his homeland in Africa and his journey through draft day etc, praising him as an All-Star player who is one of the most important OKC pieces going forward. Now he is a 7 foot tall spot up shooter whos largest value lies in him hitting 3's....?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I really wanted Dunn, It sucks Ainge overplayed his hand, haven't had time to see Boston's reaction but I hear it's not good. He basically passed on a true need for his team b/c he wanted to swindle us. I'm not big on Brown, he's a project and does nothing to help Boston win now. Hope they have fun in mediocre land.

As for Dunn.. I know you're not high on him but here is what you get on day 1. A lock down defender and a player that will bring real attitude to your team. And to be honest, you guys could use attitude. He's a leader man, and your big 3 is complete imo.

But I really Love the Luwawu And Korkmaz picks. Luwawu is so much upside. this is non homer opinion

So much size on our roster but we need to figure out a PG. we have 2 potential picks in the lottery next year so that's where I want our future PG to come from. We just need someone in the mean time. Maybe Ish again or we trade with Houston for Beverly.

Embiid - 7'2"
Noel - 6'11"
Okafor - 6'11"
Simmons - 6'10"
Saric - 6'10"
Covington - 6'9"
Thompson - 6'8"
Korkmaz - 6'8"
Grant - 6'8"
Holmes - 6'8"
Luwawu - 6'6"
Stauskas - 6'6
Ainge is getting roasted on talk radio. He tried his best to explain the pick...just came to we couldn't get what we wanted from Philly, so we took the best player with the most upside.

Noel was not worth the 3 pick, and Ainge knows this.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
offer was Nerlens Noel, Robert Covington, 24 and 26. I really disagree with him. That was a very fair offer for anyone past 2. Not to mention their need for a big like Noel. He got greedy and asked for Okafor and Lakers pick on top of the above which was just retarded. He assumed we were desperate but what he didn't realize was we'd be patient if we had to and fund our guy next year. SO now he rolls into the season with no real upgrades, a project in a draft pick and a bad draft overall. Have fun getting bounced in the first round again Boston.

Pharazon

OKC has really improved. With Oladipo and Westbrook in the backcourt....their defense will be the one of the best in the NBA. Then you look at Adams and the rookie big to go along with Eryasova shooting the the 3 and rebounding at the same clip as Ibaka, and realize if they can keep Durant, that is one of the best teams in the league easily. They were one 5 minute stretch of solid defense away from the Finals this year, and now they add even more pieces so they can only get better.

Ibaka has turned into shit overnight. Not even 2 years ago ESPN was doing short film pieces about him giving back to his homeland in Africa and his journey through draft day etc, praising him as an All-Star player who is one of the most important OKC pieces going forward. Now he is a 7 foot tall spot up shooter whos largest value lies in him hitting 3's....?
Ibaka had a really good western conference finals for the most part. I see nothing wrong with a PF that can knock down 3's, block shots, and has decent mobility. Sure, he could have better numbers on the boards, but part of that is due to his teammates being great rebounders. They were the best rebounding team in the league by far.

I really don't see Oladipo as a great fit next to Westbrook. Not sure whether he's a great defender, but I don't see him being a better fit defensively than Roberson is.

Like you said, they were a few good minutes away from the finals. And a big part of that was due to length and rebounding (in addition to the obvious of WB and Durant). They just traded away length at the PF position, and the main piece they get back in Oladipo will reduce their length (and rebounding?) at SG whenever they play him over Roberson. Or whatever you want to call it. If WB and Oladipo start next to each other you have two combo guards. Their whole collection of guards is pretty strange. Basically three combo guards who are all undersized to play the two and one legit 2 sized guy in Roberson who can't shoot well.

OKC just traded the 4th best player on a near finals team, and the main piece they got back was a combo guard that couldn't even consistently stay in the starting lineup on a lottery team last year. OKC did not receive the best player in the trade. Ilyasova is decent but he's definitely a downgrade from Ibaka because he doesn't have the defensive presence.

Whoever said this might have been better than getting Butler, no frigging way. Damn that team would have been scary if they could have just swapped Ibaka for Butler.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
offer was Nerlens Noel, Robert Covington, 24 and 26. I really disagree with him. That was a very fair offer for anyone past 2. Not to mention their need for a big like Noel. He got greedy and asked for Okafor and Lakers pick on top of the above which was just retarded. He assumed we were desperate but what he didn't realize was we'd be patient if we had to and fund our guy next year. SO now he rolls into the season with no real upgrades, a project in a draft pick and a bad draft overall. Have fun getting bounced in the first round again Boston.
Boston wont get bounced 1st round again. Remember they had key injuries when going up against Atlanta.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really depends on who they face, but my overall point is are the Celtics a better team today with Brown or Noel?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ibaka had a really good western conference finals for the most part. I see nothing wrong with a PF that can knock down 3's, block shots, and has decent mobility. Sure, he could have better numbers on the boards, but part of that is due to his teammates being great rebounders. They were the best rebounding team in the league by far.

I really don't see Oladipo as a great fit next to Westbrook. Not sure whether he's a great defender, but I don't see him being a better fit defensively than Roberson is.

Like you said, they were a few good minutes away from the finals. And a big part of that was due to length and rebounding (in addition to the obvious of WB and Durant). They just traded away length at the PF position, and the main piece they get back in Oladipo will reduce their length (and rebounding?) at SG whenever they play him over Roberson. Or whatever you want to call it. If WB and Oladipo start next to each other you have two combo guards. Their whole collection of guards is pretty strange. Basically three combo guards who are all undersized to play the two and one legit 2 sized guy in Roberson who can't shoot well.

OKC just traded the 4th best player on a near finals team, and the main piece they got back was a combo guard that couldn't even consistently stay in the starting lineup on a lottery team last year. OKC did not receive the best player in the trade. Ilyasova is decent but he's definitely a downgrade from Ibaka because he doesn't have the defensive presence.

Whoever said this might have been better than getting Butler, no frigging way. Damn that team would have been scary if they could have just swapped Ibaka for Butler.
He doesn't replace Roberson, he replaces Waiters. He improves their offense in their starting lineup and probably runs a decent amount of second team. Furthermore, and more importantly, he greatly improves their smallball line up, which Ibaka no longer had a place on. Their playoff line ups just improved, which is huge. If he can hit open 3s, he will be better for the Thunder than Ibaka, but not the better player in a vacuum.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Really depends on who they face, but my overall point is are the Celtics a better team today with Brown or Noel?
Oh it's not even a debate. I think either way...let say they somehow got to the ECF. They get steam rolled by Cleveland anyway. As long as Lebron is in the east, you may as well keep building for the future. Will Brown be better than Noel is the true question.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I suppose, but it could be another 3-5 years before they find that out but we know what Noel brings in a position they really needed an upgrade in. Water under the bridge now. Let's see what happens once FA is over.

Pharazon

He doesn't replace Roberson, he replaces Waiters. He improves their offense in their starting lineup and probably runs a decent amount of second team. Furthermore, and more importantly, he greatly improves their smallball line up, which Ibaka no longer had a place on. Their playoff line ups just improved, which is huge. If he can hit open 3s, he will be better for the Thunder than Ibaka, but not the better player in a vacuum.
You're not making sense. The Thunder's primary starting lineup was WB Roberson (at the 2) Durant Ibaka Adams. If Oladipo replaces Waiters then he won't be in the starting lineup and the primary piece they got for Ibaka is a guy that won't even be starting (though would probably get a lot of crunchtime minutes in small ball lineups). If they replace Roberson in the starting lineup with Oladipo they've gotten a lot smaller at that position. If they replace Roberson with Oladipo and Ibaka with Ilyasova (probably what I'd do) then they've lost length at two of their starting positions, and as I said length was one of their great assets. If they start Kanter instead of Ilyasova, then they've lost a lot of mobility on D and can't stretch the floor much.

One reason why this might be great for OKC though... is I heard that Durant had mentored Oladipo since they were both from DC or something? So if it helps keep Durant around that of course trumps all.