NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
They are calling that shit a fracture? Like...cut off my arm and call that a slice?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Is that shit career ending? That was Theisman level for me.
It's probably too early to say. I mean there is no doubt it was fucking nasty, and could have all kinds of crazy damage in there. Hopefully it looked worse than it is. The human body can do some amazing things, but I assume only time will tell with this.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
That sucks, Hayward seems like a good dude. Huge gamer too, he's big into League of Legends. Selfishly I was looking forward to seeing him play in person at the Sixers/Celts game on Friday.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm glad to see this.

The league will have a true minor league system eventually.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I'd rather they went in the opposite direction and enforced 2+ years of college since this will hurt NCAA hoops. The NCAA tourney is interesting now because you can watch tomorrow's stars today in a high stakes playoff. Remove those guys and I'll watch less of it for sure (I don't do brackets anymore). Its a selfish wish though because I understand some of these guys would now have the opportunity to get paid sooner, so good for them in that regard I guess.

What I also don't like about it is it forces teams to draft with less information. College ball is a good way to filter down some of those guys that were highly ranked in high school but won't be very good or even make it in the pros. It helps to avoid wasting lottery picks on those guys.

Sterling

El Presidente
I'd rather they went in the opposite direction and enforced 2+ years of college since this will hurt NCAA hoops. The NCAA tourney is interesting now because you can watch tomorrow's stars today in a high stakes playoff. Remove those guys and I'll watch less of it for sure (I don't do brackets anymore). Its a selfish wish though because I understand some of these guys would now have the opportunity to get paid sooner, so good for them in that regard I guess.

What I also don't like about it is it forces teams to draft with less information. College ball is a good way to filter down some of those guys that were highly ranked in high school but won't be very good or even make it in the pros. It helps to avoid wasting lottery picks on those guys.
I was always a fan of the idea that you can get drafted out of high school, but if you went to college you had to stay 2 years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
OKC looked good last night they should be fun to watch this year. I still think the Cavs should have gone for PG.