NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Wonder if Kawhi will stay with the Raptors. It is his last year under contract. Lakers probably get him for nothing next year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Didn't see that coming. No way he stays up there. The Raptors are idiots unless they got at least a verbal commit from him.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Raptors weren't going anywhere with DeRozan as their best player anyways. I think its a good move because if they don't make the finals this year its time to blow it up anyways. If Kawhi unexpectedly decides to stay, all the better. If healthy, Kawhi is the best player the organization has ever had.

Lakers (and seemingly Lebron, which is a change for him) were prepared for this outcome. This year a long shot for any team outside of the Warriors. Other teams are smart to be making the best moves for 2-3 years down the road. The Lakers keeping all their young pieces and cap space intact for next year is the best move to give them a shot at a title in the next two years. Trading all the young guys for Kawhi might have increased their chances some this year, but they still would have had an outside shot. Keeping all the guys they have now and adding either Kawhi / Klay / etc. to that gives them their best shot to win A title.

We lose Cousins next year for sure, and the rest of the league is hoping either KD or Klay get pried away somehow as well. Lakers are smart to set things up for next year.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Didn't see that coming. No way he stays up there. The Raptors are idiots unless they got at least a verbal commit from him.
Raps fans don't expect him to stay and honestly, it doesn't matter. One important fact to keep in mind is the core of the roster only had a 2 year lifespan anyway (Kyle, Ibaka, Jonas, Miles all expire)

This basically raises the ceiling for one of those years and probably moves up the overall reset by one. I love Demar, but given his limitations and the term + $$ left on his deal, I'm pretty happy with a year of Kawhi + Green on the wing before turning things over to the kids.

If Masai had included OG or Pascal or if the pick was unprotected and/or rolled over (turns into a pair of 2nd rounders after this year if the Raps suck), I'd have been pissed.