NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Jalen Rose was saying a month+ back that he heard Kawhi wanted out due to the way the team was handling his injury and whatever else. Its possible he's unhappy enough there that he would rather rest than risk further injury try to help the team out, hoping to put enough pressure on them to force a trade in the offseason.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Russell Westbrook recorded 42 triple doubles last year.

Forty two.

Just wanted to leave that here and let it marinate a little longer because I still feel like it didn't happen.

Jozu

Who didnt see the Jimmy Butler injury coming? When Thibs is your coach, you GET NO REST BOI.

Look what happened to Derrick Rose under him. Guy played huge minutes night after night, his body taking enormous punishment driving to the hole again and again drawing fouls grinding out wins playing 40 minutes a night.

Butler was even asked about his high usage rate earlier this year and jokingly hinted that he needed rest. Now look. If Thibs is your coach be prepared to play UNTIL YOU DIE. Big KAT is next. ESPN even had an interactive All Star game roster builder and one of the coaching philosophies was Thibideou PLAY YOUR STARS, GIVE NO REST.....lol.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Thibs is only good because he plays the stars relentlessly. Him and LBJ would be perfect together. I feel for any elite players under Thibs. You know he's going to shorten your career by 2-3 years.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This Jon Stewart reaction in gif form will be used many times in the future.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Better quality version:

I've watched it at least 10 times. Disgusting, that man has to feed his kids! lol

Funny, I was at a Celtics game a couple months or more ago when Houston came to town. He lost them the game with two push offs (without the ball). Dude does this way too much to create space. Not sure how he doesn't get called against more often.

Found game...

Last edited:

Jozu

I agree. He isnt likeable at all.

His Addidas shoes are trash, his monotone personality and beard is trash. I mean, he might be the MVP of this season and is a menacing player when it comes to scoring the ball and affecting the game from a floor control standpoint, but he does complain a lot and is pretentious as fuck.

What did he do in the playoffs last year? I cant remember.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Cavs are done, they aren't making it to the finals this year... this is all being said with Lebron playing like an MVP. They have no chemistry, no ball movement, and they just look miserable. They have no will or desire to win. I think it's just the relentless punishment of 4 years of knowing your team is second best. There's a certain team out west that no matter what you do (apart from technical fouls) they're going to beat you in the end. The Cavs leaders (Lebron) have mentally checked out.

Also, I think Lebron is going to leave now. It won't be like "The Decision", but most Clevelanders will be burning jerseys. I don't know where he's going to go, and anyone who thinks they do is crazy. I think whenever he's ready to retire -- 4, 5, 20 years from now, it will be back in Cleveland which will be cool. I wish nothing but the best for him.

I said it when it happened and I'll say it again.. I wish the Cavs would have traded Lebron over Kyrie. Such is the NBA.

Last edited:

Jozu

Lol I can see LeBron playing till he's 47.

I bet he could post 15 pts 5 assists and 5 boards a game at 44-45 if he avoids a major injury.

He is going to play as long as he can just to obliterate all the records he can. By the time he retires he could feasibly own the points record, most minutes played, most finals appearances, top 3 in assists, field goals made, the list will go on and on if he plays past 40.

He is averaging 27 points 7 assists and 7 rebounds per game for his CAREER.

Last edited: