NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That explains why all the dudes responsible for the 2008 economic collapse are in prison.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ohhhh shit sewernig sold out!

Oh well, I will actually give a brofist a_skeleton_03 as he has come to my defense when he was the man in the sky. Hopefully this motherfucker just keeps chugging. I knew something was up when the site look changed.

And I dont actually believe in karma like in a religious way, or some kind of quantifiable way, as obviously life is unfair and good things often happen to bad people and vice versa, so obviously karma isnt fucking real. But I do believe in life energy, such as if you always walk around acting like a whiny little negative pussy you are going to attract other, negative emo fags to help mitigate your misery. If you project a sense of confidence, and act positive and walk around with a sense of purpose, you will attract other positive people of similar disposition, which is more likely to lead to a positive experience.

Now, you can just call that common sense, and dismiss all of the life essence karma shit as just garbage, and maybe you would be right, but I have just experienced so many things in life that at least make you THINK there is some kind of unseen force that is at play. Coincidences and stuff like that, I think it happens for a reason.

Warriors are looking trash right now. Houston going to the Finals might be real.

• 1Picard

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Ohhhh shit sewernig sold out!

Oh well, I will actually give a brofist a_skeleton_03 as he has come to my defense when he was the man in the sky. Hopefully this motherfucker just keeps chugging. I knew something was up when the site look changed.

And I dont actually believe in karma like in a religious way, or some kind of quantifiable way, as obviously life is unfair and good things often happen to bad people and vice versa, so obviously karma isnt fucking real. But I do believe in life energy, such as if you always walk around acting like a whiny little negative pussy you are going to attract other, negative emo fags to help mitigate your misery. If you project a sense of confidence, and act positive and walk around with a sense of purpose, you will attract other positive people of similar disposition, which is more likely to lead to a positive experience.

Now, you can just call that common sense, and dismiss all of the life essence karma shit as just garbage, and maybe you would be right, but I have just experienced so many things in life that at least make you THINK there is some kind of unseen force that is at play. Coincidences and stuff like that, I think it happens for a reason.

Warriors are looking trash right now. Houston going to the Finals might be real.

No that's just confirmation bias in your head, humans are pattern seeking animals they see patterns in all kinds of things, entrails of animals, flights of birds, just superstitious nonsense.

Jozu

No that's just confirmation bias in your head, humans are pattern seeking animals they see patterns in all kinds of things, entrails of animals, flights of birds, just superstitious nonsense.

Like I said that argument might be right, Occam's Razor etc. But I like to believe there is a weird unseen life force that has an influence on human decision making and natural events. It just makes life more fun, even if it does make you turn into Lumie at some point.

Jozu

lol okay.

So I have a religious like belief in unseen life forces.

How do you explain dark energy? That is an unseen life force as well, technically.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
lol okay.

So I have a religious like belief in unseen life forces.

How do you explain dark energy? That is an unseen life force as well, technically.

One's explained by established scientific theory and backed up by math, while the other is magically created by happy thoughts.

This is also a pretty dumb derail for an NBA thread.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Celtics lost Heyward in the first game of the season. Now Kyrie for the rest of season and playoffs. All the other injuries they have dealth with.

I hate to say their season was snakebitten, but honestly I think it was. I think the bad karma from Ainge off-loading IT the way he did after his hip injury was a factor and created negative energy that lingered. Its not the Celtics' fault he got hurt. And it was the right decision in the end.

Either way Embiid getting hurt is awful. If he could have stayed healthy who knows what the Sixers could have done. The only good thing about these injuries is guys like Brown, Tatum, Simmons and other young guys are getting major experience.
Sixers haven't lost since Embiid's collision, and he's definitely coming back before this run is over

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sixers are legit good, since Christmas they're a top team in the league by a lot of metrics. The Belinelli/Ilyasova signings were huge, the starting 5 was always one of the top units in the league but their bench sucked. With those two + Fultz looking really good in limited minutes the bench is actually putting points on people. Really fun team to watch.

Is it odd that part of me doesn't want Lebron to come here next year? I mean any time you can get a top two player in NBA history you have to do it, but at the same time I really like the team now and would love to see those guys develop together without the hoopla associated with Bron.

The game last night was awesome, I haven't been at a Sixers game with that much atmosphere in a long time. Not since the AI days at least.

• 1Barf

Jozu

C'mon Ambi, can't you just let me live in a world where dark energy and karma are equal?

Seriously, the Sixers are the biggest storyline of the season. They basically had little expectations and are about to finish 3rd in the East, fulfilling Sam Hinke's vision.

Embiid should be back, yes, but a facial/orbital bone injury is NEVER a good thing at this stage of the season. The NBA has a pretty strong documented history of guys coming back from that injury with that see through plastic mask guys gotta wear when they return.

In rare cases, guys used it and were actually the same or better while wearing it (Rip Hamilton). But usually players hate having to wear it, I remember Kyrie had to wear one and hated it, admitting it fucked with his game.

So we'll see. Sixers can definitely make it to conf finals, with a healthy Embiid they can go to THE finals.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Embiid should be back, yes, but a facial/orbital bone injury is NEVER a good thing at this stage of the season.

This is true. It's not like before the All-Star Break when a orbital bone fracture is a huge advantage

• 1Worf

Jozu

lol. Its NEVER a good thing EVER. But especially when your team is on the verge of the playoffs.

You are an annoying little pissant that simply latches on to other people's comments and tries to pick them apart, instead of just simply shaking your head at my own stupidity, and then providing some type of original insight yourself.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Jazz to the playoffs. Suck my dick, Gordon Hayward.

NBA is still a retarded league, but slightly less than I thought it was last year.

• 1Worf

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
If and when Houston wins the title this year, I just want to remind you people that Chris Paul has like 7000 assists to go to tie Stockton. Fucking millennial faggots that actually think he is even in the same realm on the PG list.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
18 rebounds for Westbrook tonight. Wonder how big a try hard he'll be against the Grizzles, since he'd need 16 rebounds to get his triple double average.