NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Sterling

El Presidente
"Finished 4th" this year doesn't mean what it usually does. They're a good team but it was legitimately in question as recently as a week ago whether they'd even make the playoffs at all. Finished 4th, could have finished anywhere from 4-9 depending how things went the past few days. Whose to say if he stops chucking 3's, takes 15 shots a game instead of a 21, tries to get his teammates even more involved, that they don't finish 2nd or 3rd this year? They have the talent to win 60 games.
Yeah seeding in the West is whatever. There was a total of 2 games difference between the 3 seed and the 8 seed and denver was only 1 game behind that even.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
mvp.png

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No one will ever average a triple double for two straight seasons again, and I wouldnt be surprised if he did it again next year. He will be 29 when the season starts so he will be at the apex of his playing career, where his body and mind are at the most powerful and efficient level they could possibly be. He just averaged 25 10 10, and 31 10 and 10 the season before, no reason he cant do it again if he stays healthy. His defense alone makes up for his poor shooting from distance, look at Marcus Smart, a terrible 3 point shooter who continues to take that shot, but his defense is so stifling he is forgiven for his lack of production on the offensive end.

Westbrook is not only one of the best scorers in the league, but he is a top defender and is the best distributor and collector of the ball in the NBA. Anyone who claims his game is somehow compromised by an awful 3pt % is caught up in the long ball and analytics. Lonzo Ball was hilariously bad at shooting the ball this year yet he was the 4th best half court defender in the entire league, and was in the top 5 in rebounds and assists for guards with 7 and 7, as a rookie. Was his season a failure? Absolutely not. He obviously needs to develop his scoring ability but 3 point percentage isnt everything.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Over/Under Win totals for NBA Playoffs:

76'ers: 8.5
Cavs: 8.5
Raptors: 12.5
Celtics: 6.5
Heat: 1.5

Rockets: 14.5
Warriors: 12.5
Spurs: 8.5
T-Wolves: 1.5

Place your bets.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Of all those you take Spurs under easily unless all the Kawhi drama has just been faked in order to position themselves and him for a shot at revenge in rounds 1.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Jesus Christ, jozu is such a fanboy. Is a Garrapolo and Westbrook threesome your dream?

It's possible for a great player to have a flaw instead of being completely perfect.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Or that LBJ had played 2000 more minutes than MJ by October of this past year? LeBron James has already played more NBA minutes than Michael Jordan did in his entire career

I guess it is crazy to think that in the modern NBA, a superstar will get more than 9 points in games he plays. Almost as crazy as comparing the GOAT to a guy who was disappointing early and has a very poor finals record. I guess he can pad meaningless stats while adding more meaningless minutes.

I'm pulling for the Rockets but I just can't look past The Beard's playoff history. Guy was terrible last year. Anyone but the Cavs/Warrs would be refreshing.

Part of being a superstar is durability and longevity. It isn't my fault that Jordan got suspended for gambling and retired 29 times nor is it LeBrons.

The only thing MJ will have on LeBron when LeBron retires is 0 Finals losses. I'm good with that. Like I've argued in the past if rings = GOAT then Russell is the GOAT.

Is disappointing early = ROY, Finals appearance at 22, 60+ win seasons, and all of that stuff? Just curious.

Rockets 3 Cavs 4 imo!

Last edited:
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

I am gay for Westbrook I apologize.

I just have never seen a player like him.

And LeBron is better than Jordan, Mike is just peerless when it comes to profile and legacy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And then one you fags are going to tell me how Tom Thibodeau is the superior coach over Mike D'Antoni and the Houston Rockets. GTFO. Tears engaged.

Rude

Potato del Grande
I am gay for Westbrook I apologize.

I just have never seen a player like him.

And LeBron is better than Jordan, Mike is just peerless when it comes to profile and legacy.
Westbrook is a ball hog and isn't capable of getting a chip on his own. OKC should have cut him loose years ago instead of letting harden and the others hemorrhage out.

But yeah the guy racks stats. Too bad they don't matter at the end of the day.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

A lot of great players didnt win a chip, whats your point?

He is fun to watch play basketball. Whats your argument against that?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Westbrook is a ball hog and isn't capable of getting a chip on his own. OKC should have cut him loose years ago instead of letting harden and the others hemorrhage out.

But yeah the guy racks stats. Too bad they don't matter at the end of the day.

Such a stupid criticism. Nobody's ever won one by themselves.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That was the best the Warriors have looked since right after the All Star break. Klay was on it.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Lebron with the full soccer flop right now. Holding onto his eye as if he got full on punched in the face. Such a little bitch

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Part of being a superstar is durability and longevity. It isn't my fault that Jordan got suspended for gambling and retired 29 times nor is it LeBrons.

The only thing MJ will have on LeBron when LeBron retires is 0 Finals losses. I'm good with that. Like I've argued in the past if rings = GOAT then Russell is the GOAT.

Is disappointing early = ROY, Finals appearance at 22, 60+ win seasons, and all of that stuff? Just curious.

Rockets 3 Cavs 4 imo!
He played more and achieved less. He will never be as good as Jordan.

• 2Like