NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yup. LeBron got lucky they changed the rules that year and gave them a title for one shot.

On the bright side, the way everyone was shooting in those final 5 minutes, that game might still be going on if not for Kyrie burying that 3.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Someone mentioned the great Larry Bird, so I feel an obligation to put some respect on his name because I don't think people remember how good this fucking guy was.

24 points per game for his career. 10 rebounds and 6 dimes. Shot a lick below 50% from the field for his career, and was 88.6% from the free throw line, and shot just under 38% from 3. All of those numbers translate when you look at his playoff numbers, and he won 3 straight MVP's, 12 time all star, NINE TIME All NBA 1st team, two way player 3 times ALL NBA defense 2nd team, rookie of the year, 3 time champion and was college player of the year before he was drafted.

His high school numbers are fucking retarded, 31 points per game 21 rebounds per game and 4 assists. Dude fucked around and won 3 3 point contests just to show people his deep stroke was true. People dont remember how big he was, the guy was fucking 6'9, that's basically a PF type height and length in that era (220 lbs during his prime) yet for some reason people remember him as this three point shooter only, but he used to punish defenders close to the rim more than he did hit 3s really.

And one of the all-time, hall-of-fame trash talkers to ever take to the court.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Chris Paul and Lebron should both go to the Spurs and sign for the Veteran Minimum to give the league competitive balance. This sort of thing was inevitable with max contracts. If you're going to get paid roughly the same regardless of where you go you're going to go places for other reasons. Turns out playing with a bunch of other good players and winning a lot seems like a good motivation.

• 1Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
LeBeta might be the corniest shit I've ever heard. I regret even opening this thread.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users
On the bright side, the way everyone was shooting in those final 5 minutes, that game might still be going on if not for Kyrie burying that 3.

The Block
The Shot
The Stop

I'm not greedy. That was one hell of a finals, everone's mind was blown how we came back down 3-1, and I still remember what it felt like the next day here in C-land. From a local perspective, it was one of the greatest sports moments ever. It is right up there with the 86 World Series for Mets fans in terms of pure fan delirium. It was a once in a lifetime experience, and LeBron delivered. That is his legacy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck this stupid league.

#5 pick, man fuck. All I wanted was a Top 3 pick. Fuck David Stern's Jewwwww ass.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There's word that Klay is willing to take a big discount to keep the core together. These dudes just want to stick together and win titles for as long as possible.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
LOL @ Lebron going to the locker room for a little shot to the jaw. For being such a physical specimen, he sure is a pussy.

Celtics can't shoot for shit tonight.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Bautista took a harder shot.
The drama from him is just too much. He went to the locker room and it was reported he had a neck strain. A fucking neck strain sent him to the locker room. Come on Lebron, you are better than that.

Edit: LOL and the Celtics doing it too. I like that the announcers are clowning him for it.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
No doubt Lebron played an amazing game again, but the Celtics are doing everything they can to win this.

It's only 2 games though, and I would never count Lebron and company out.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
No doubt Lebron played an amazing game again, but the Celtics are doing everything they can to win this.

It's only 2 games though, and I would never count Lebron and company out.

Dude had an incredible 1st quarter, scored half of his points in that quarter. He didn't play great the last 3 at all. 6 TOs.

I mean, dude still dropped 42. Brad Steven is such a great coach. This team is performing way better than it should be missing it's two best players.

They'll be a blast to watch next year.

Sadly, Kevin Durant's vagina decision makes hardly any of this matter in the long run. Hate that cop out move, still kills my interest in this league currently.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Efficient 42/10/12 - didn't play great at all. When expectations become beyond silly.