NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

Louis

Trakanon Raider
It was a pretty fun game to watch in the first half, but once again GSW has the ability to just go beast mode in the 3rd quarter. NO went into half time pretty much tied every game in their series, but then golden state just comes out after and blows you out.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

They got a big lead in the 3rd but it was cut down to 5 I think by the end of the quarter, so it was still a contest. It does feel that game 2 is now a 'must win' for Houston though.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I really hope LeBron doesn't beat the Celtics =(

Not to worry, whether LeBeta wins or loses to the Celtics, he will get swept in the Finals and will decide to tuck tail and run away again.

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Not to worry, whether LeBeta wins or loses to the Celtics, he will get swept in the Finals and will decide to tuck tail and run away again.
That is exactly why he doesn't want the Cavs to win. He doesn't want yet another finals loss on Lebron's record.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile

Also known as exercising his rights as a free agent.

I really don't even care after watching game 1 last night. LeBron's championship window (and everyone else not on GSW) is closed for a few years at a minimum. Why keep racking up Finals losses playing for a shitty organization.

If GSW can win 4 in a row or more LeBron's 3-1 comeback will become even more legendary in hindsight which is what his legacy needs.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Gage already going with the "I WANT LeBron to lose!" angle.

Never stop fagging it up

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Also known as exercising his rights as a free agent.

I really don't even care after watching game 1 last night. LeBron's championship window (and everyone else not on GSW) is closed for a few years at a minimum. Why keep racking up Finals losses playing for a shitty organization.

If GSW can win 4 in a row or more LeBron's 3-1 comeback will become even more legendary in hindsight which is what his legacy needs.

A legacy that includes...

mavericks.jpeg

• 4Like

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
How many games would this cavs team win without lebron on it? 20?

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
How many games would this cavs team win without lebron on it? 20?

Who are you replacing his salary cap money with? Simply saying "remove LeBeta" isn't an intellectually honest question, when that money would be used on SOMEONE (or 2 or 3).

• 1Like

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Who are you replacing his salary cap money with? Simply saying "remove LeBeta" isn't an intellectually honest question, when that money would be used on SOMEONE (or 2 or 3).

I dunno who you're gonna replace the best player in 20 years with that would make up for like 30 wins. It would take 2 stars of lesser quality not named durant

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I dunno who you're gonna replace the best player in 20 years with that would make up for like 30 wins. It would take 2 stars of lesser quality not named durant

The point is that you wouldn't replace all 30 wins (obviuosly), but NO team can get a supermax cap number taken away from them and expect to win as many games.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Well kyrie would still be there and you would also have the cap space to sign another max. Not really sure whats the point of that hypothetical, because kyrie + 1 max + the rest of their scrubs are probably a contender in that shitty conference.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Well kyrie would still be there and you would also have the cap space to sign another max. Not really sure whats the point of that hypothetical, because kyrie + 1 max + the rest of their scrubs are probably a contender in that shitty conference.

We've already seen this scenario play out. He left, they went from 66 wins to the lottery. It isn't hypothetical it happened.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
We've already seen this scenario play out. He left, they went from 66 wins to the lottery. It isn't hypothetical it happened.

He said this years cavs team, not the team from a decade ago. I dont disagree with you that the team he peaced out on was dog shit.

Edit - After looking at the team they had the year after he left, they probably would have struggled with him. Of course, it is dumb what ifs because the people willing to go to the cavs that year would be different had he stayed than what they ended up having. I cant believe that was an actual NBA roster.

Last edited:

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Same shit happens. KLove becomes you're #1. So they're what a worse Twolves type team. I also think people forget some of the guys who make max money. That slot doesn't guarantee you superstar talent.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Same shit doesn't happen. They aren't a 20 win lottery team with Kyrie, Love, Thompson, + ANY max player. Which is what Fanaskin alluded to. They are probably a 5-7 seed that gets bounced within the first round.

This is what they were left with after Lebron left in 2010:
1526405280050.png

:emoji_point_up:is a 20 win lottery team.

A lottery team that net them Kyrie. The same guy whose 3pointer won Cleveland and LBJ a championship. ;)

• 4Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Yup. LeBron got lucky they changed the rules that year and gave them a title for one shot.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Someone mentioned the great Larry Bird, so I feel an obligation to put some respect on his name because I don't think people remember how good this fucking guy was.

24 points per game for his career. 10 rebounds and 6 dimes. Shot a lick below 50% from the field for his career, and was 88.6% from the free throw line, and shot just under 38% from 3. All of those numbers translate when you look at his playoff numbers, and he won 3 straight MVP's, 12 time all star, NINE TIME All NBA 1st team, two way player 3 times ALL NBA defense 2nd team, rookie of the year, 3 time champion and was college player of the year before he was drafted.

His high school numbers are fucking retarded, 31 points per game 21 rebounds per game and 4 assists. Dude fucked around and won 3 3 point contests just to show people his deep stroke was true. People dont remember how big he was, the guy was fucking 6'9, that's basically a PF type height and length in that era (220 lbs during his prime) yet for some reason people remember him as this three point shooter only, but he used to punish defenders close to the rim more than he did hit 3s really.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users