NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What makes you think at this point he cares about winning? He cares about the money and the fame. His shoe deal jumps up in LA. The rest of his brand goes up in LA.

Because of his massive ego. He could have gone LA instead of back to Cleveland, but didn't.

Not saying he doesn't end up in LA, but being on a good team is clearly important to him

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
What makes you think at this point he cares about winning? He cares about the money and the fame. His shoe deal jumps up in LA. The rest of his brand goes up in LA.

The thing about Kawhi is we don't know what he wants. Spurs players are enigmatic and only come out of the shadows when it's time to play hoops.

For most of his time in the league, he's appeared to have been another_Spurs_guy: a team first player without an ego or a brand to market. He's still young (dude is just 26 and played 2 years in college). He's due for his $200 million plus NBA contract but he's never going to make big endorsement money playing in San Antonio (his shoe deal pays much less than other dudes).

Maybe he wants to shut up and dribble, collect his paycheck, not seek out endorsements, and quietly live out his life playing ball. But he's young enough where that may not be what he wants and this is his opportunity to choose his fate. There's a whole wide world outside of South Texas if he chooses to explore it.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Funny thing is, Kawhi is he has said absolutely nothing yet. It's all social media buzz and leaks.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Stephen A: Chris Paul is saying he tried to recruit LeBron, but LeBron wants to be in LA.

I think he goes to LA with Paul George, regardless of Kawhi.

Fucking NBA...

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Stephen A: Chris Paul is saying he tried to recruit LeBron, but LeBron wants to be in LA.

I think he goes to LA with Paul George, regardless of Kawhi.

Fucking NBA...

Can't take anything out there at face value.

Everyone is using the media for cloak and daggers and to further an agenda.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Schrodinger's Lebron. At this point, where is he, LA or Cle?

I do not see him going to a team, I see him dciding to go to a market *if* the Cavs can't get a roster together. So it's LA or Cleveland? Houston is no big deal, and Philly is... Boston can't happen. What Ny team is worth the headache at this point in his life? I agree w/ an earlier statement: market will tilt the scales for LBJ.

Lebron wants team+market, and unless if team is unreal (do not see that happening anywhere) I see him only interested in going big market to make a leave Cavs decision. So it comes down to LA vs. Cleveland, and if LA can promise a team?

But what if Cleveland can deliver a team, too? Hmmmmm

It must be pure orgasm to be Lebron's agent. He gets to play this entire situation holding all the cards.

Serious question: do you think Dan Gilbert and Bron-Bron could come to a deal that gives LBJ % ownership? I am not sure LBJ would not be tempted by that. A lot of stuff is in Gilbert's court. He can make offers LBJ would not refuse. And then Gilbert goes down as the anti-Art Modell of the city, prolly even getting a friggin statue.

lol, this city is funny. (Plus, we got a great lake, so we are gtg for the global drought of 2021)

I don't think the Spurs ever had a chance of getting LeBron. I think LeBron wants to go to LA so he can network and move right into his post basketball career.

^^ I think this is highly likely. Might be wrong. But I do not think Lebron is chasing rings. he is chasing a way to continue his legacy.

Let me put it this way.

Never go full ring chaser.

Remember Shaquille O'Neil, shambling his gigantor ass from the Suns, Cavs, Celtics? Didn't get a ring. Now he is doing advertisements for low-cost auto insurance and some pad you put on for your arthritis or whatever.

just saying.

Sterling

El Presidente
^^ I think this is highly likely. Might be wrong. But I do not think Lebron is chasing rings. he is chasing a way to continue his legacy.

Let me put it this way.

Remember Shaquille O'Neil, shambling his gigantor ass from the Suns, Cavs, Celtics? Didn't get a ring. Now he is doing advertisements for low-cost auto insurance and some pad you put on for your arthritis or whatever.

just saying.
Shaq was a 20 minute a game backup center at that point though, Lebron is not an old shitass bench player.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>

Let me put it this way.

just saying.

And getting a metric fuckton of cash for it, not really sure what your point is....

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I almost died at dinner when Woj announced the Mavs getting Doncic. I was reading the subtitles almost fucking sweating, I was horrified he was going to re-affirm the echoes that were coming out right before the draft that they couldn't reach a deal. Made that shitty Saltgrass steak taste much fucking better.

FUCKING STOKED LETS FUCKING GO. FUCK YEAH.
Apparently the Mavs are all in on Cousins. Fuck it, rather have him than Randle. Maybe he'll miss all next year and Dallas will end up with another Top 5 pick. The wings next year are fucking insane, and RJ Barrett might be the best prospect since '03.

Btw, fucking love the Suns' draft: Ayton, and even more impressive, Mikal Bridges? What a draft. Love me some Zhaire as well. Solid grabs.

• 1Like