NBA 2017-2018 Season Thread

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Ariza must be worth at least 15 million. No one works harder to do the things he does...even Marcus Smart.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Rockets showed the Warriors are beatable thanks to that famous Mike Dantoni Defense. That was what, Year 2 of having Mike Dantoni as coach and Year 1 of Chris Paul + James Harden duo fitting together? Hell of a season, shame it ended with injury to CP3 and a god-awful shooting night where they played good enough defense to win.

LeBron would not be a good fit alongside CP3 and Harden. I hope to hell he doesn't go there.

Daryl Morey should be pleased with his team. Great job assembling this crew. Does he resort to any wizardry in the offseason, or believe that maturation and continuity are best for this team? Gotta think injuries to #1a guy CP3 and Mbah a Moute might have been the unlucky difference between a championship and this.

I'd like LeBron to the Spurs. Ride into the sunset with Pop. Enjoy the ride, learn to rest, and believe in one of the most competent organizations around. Every team he could join is flawed (Ben Simmons in Philly is a deal breaker), might as well adjoin himself somewhere he can stay until he retires and unburden himself of a lot of the weight he carries; from a talent perspective this team fits his strengths as well as any. Sorry Cleveland fans, but Dan Gilbert's pairing up with Koby Altman was the nail in the coffin; the cupboard is bare, the team is overburdened with salaries, and the guys are too old to improve (except Tristan Thompson who has't reached his potential).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Rockets showed the Warriors are beatable thanks to that famous Mike Dantoni Defense. That was what, Year 2 of having Mike Dantoni as coach and Year 1 of Chris Paul + James Harden duo fitting together? Hell of a season, shame it ended with injury to CP3 and a god-awful shooting night where they played good enough defense to win.

LeBron would not be a good fit alongside CP3 and Harden. I hope to hell he doesn't go there.

Daryl Morey should be pleased with his team. Great job assembling this crew. Does he resort to any wizardry in the offseason, or believe that maturation and continuity are best for this team? Gotta think injuries to #1a guy CP3 and Mbah a Moute might have been the unlucky difference between a championship and this.

I'd like LeBron to the Spurs. Ride into the sunset with Pop. Enjoy the ride, learn to rest, and believe in one of the most competent organizations around. Every team he could join is flawed (Ben Simmons in Philly is a deal breaker), might as well adjoin himself somewhere he can stay until he retires and unburden himself of a lot of the weight he carries; from a talent perspective this team fits his strengths as well as any. Sorry Cleveland fans, but Dan Gilbert's pairing up with Koby Altman was the nail in the coffin; the cupboard is bare, the team is overburdened with salaries, and the guys are too old to improve (except Tristan Thompson who has't reached his potential).

No way LeBron joins a team that values its coach over him

• 1Seriously?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
No way LeBron joins a team that values its coach over him

Pat Riley stood the fuck by rookie head coach Spo. Didn't give into the Heatles.

Hall of Fame coach, watching from the stands. Team said nope, you can have this rookie guy who came from the film room.

LeBron joining the Spurs means he doesn't have to play backseat driver. I don't know if he's truly content to be a 100% passenger, but San Antonio would be the perfect spot for that.

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Rockets gonna have a tough time just keeping all the pieces they have together. Many guys expiring, Capela ready to get a big raise. Meanwhile still on the hook for Ryan Anderson getting 20 mill per the next few. Don't know how they'd fit Lebron in even if he wanted to go there, but I can't see him wanting to go play with Harden anyways.

Sterling

El Presidente
Curry makes as many 3s in 15 attempts as the entire Rockets team does in 44 shots. They shoot even like 25 percent they win the game, crazy.

Szlia

From a layman's perspective, it feels the main problem the Rocket had is a lack of bench, forcing a 7 men and then 6 men rotation once Paul was injured.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Pat Riley stood the fuck by rookie head coach Spo. Didn't give into the Heatles.

Hall of Fame coach, watching from the stands. Team said nope, you can have this rookie guy who came from the film room.

LeBron joining the Spurs means he doesn't have to play backseat driver. I don't know if he's truly content to be a 100% passenger, but San Antonio would be the perfect spot for that.

I don't think he can at this point. If he was older and still not the best player in the game? Then, yeah, I could see him giving up the keys. He's not there and nothing has shown me he's willing to do it in the past 13 years. Lebron controls, dictates, forces. It's part of who he is at this point. That old dog isn't going to learn new tricks unless forced. Still top dog so why would he?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think LeBron gets a bad rep because of his "guys". Guys like Rich Paul, guys like Maverick Carter and the 12 other dudes that make up his entourage.

Whether it's advisement, security, or whatever the fuck they do for him, he allows them to play a role when it comes to business decisions, logistics with whatever team he plays for, or just hang around him like a pack of beta dogs.

Did you know, his agent Rich Paul, was an absolute nobody that LeBron met an airport who was selling throwback jerseys? LeBron basically said "I like that jersey bro, want to be my sports agent?" and bam, now Paul wears designer leather jackets to games and rubs shoulders with Jeanie Buss and courtside celebrities while being Bron's chief deal maker.

It's crazy how much he does for not only his teammates on the court, but imagine how much dick riding he deals with off of it. Some of it is his own fault, but I do think the guy is sincere. He is a great family man and father so I don't know why that wouldn't extend to his business partners.

• 1Like

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
Too bad for the Rockets.

I feel like the Cavs are hungrier this year and Lebron has been playing at a superhuman level these entire playoffs. If they can show up and collectively work together I can see the Warriors winning in 5.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Too bad for the Rockets.

I feel like the Cavs are hungrier this year and Lebron has been playing at a superhuman level these entire playoffs. If they can show up and collectively work together I can see the Warriors winning in 5.

It's a lot funnier when a Clevelander says it. Good job.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
As much as I feel Lebron is a whiny bitch, his ball game is top tier. Would love to see him go to the Spurs, but little birds are whispering Lakers. Who the fuck knows. I'd like to see him lined up with a team that isn't awful, just to see how unfair it would be.

gcYWFDm.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Vegas odds currently have the Sixers as the favorites to land Lebron, followed by the Cavs, Rockets, then the Lakers.

Papashlapa

Lord Nagafen Raider
You have said things we are not supposed to say. But I will stand up and say, this is why baseball and basketball are real sports, but the NFL (like prizefighting) is at best a fun diversion.

Tell me, what is the equivalenmt of a game 7 in football?

It simply does not exist. And I love me some good FB games! But there is not **anything** like a best of seven series.

There's no Best of series in football because you'd have to wheel the players off in a stretcher. NBA season is like 90 games, NFL is 16, and that's no accident. The level of physicality between the sports is not even comparable.

• 5Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users