NBA 2019-2020 Season: Kawhi Saved Us

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Mavs need to figure out how to fecking close out these games. Getting pretty sick of losing leads in the last 50 seconds of games - probably happened 6 or so losses this season and it's the thing that will tank their playoff fortunes.

They've gotta figure out how to "win"

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They will. Not sure how Mavs fans feel but they're exceeding most peoples' expectations. Honestly reminds me of the 2013 Dubs. Buncha young guys coming together and finding "it" but not consistently. Could see them landing a 5-7 seed and upsetting whomever they play in the first round.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
They will. Not sure how Mavs fans feel but they're exceeding most peoples' expectations. Honestly reminds me of the 2013 Dubs. Buncha young guys coming together and finding "it" but not consistently. Could see them landing a 5-7 seed and upsetting whomever they play in the first round.
These Mavs are at least one maybe two years ahead of schedule. They are great to watch but extended playoff runs won’t happen until Doncic starts getting those “Superstar calls” and he gets better at shooting free throws. This team could also use a lockdown perimeter defender.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

No question it's way ahead of schedule - the only thing I'd say though, is the West and NBA as a whole looks pretty prime for the taking. In other words, there is no GSW team that just terrifies you, so to me they could make a real run this season if everything comes together. They're struggling to close games out, and a lot of that is youth, Carlisle tinkering with lineups, etc.

It's really fun to watch right now, but frustrating on occasion. Could see the guys end up anywhere from 3-8 in the West.

Need Porzi back.

As an aside, CP3 and OKC are playing great bball at the moment and watching them dick Rusty last night was pretty great. Also pretty great hearing from the local yokels how awful Westbrook is now that he's out of town, when for YEARS I was the only guy going "this guy ain't a team guy, you'll never win dick with him as your star". CP3 has been a breath of fresh air.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Could tell he was really nervous, but I think it was a good glimpse of what he brings to the floor. Will be exciting when he gets up to full stride.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
He scored 17 straight points and hit all four of his threes in like 20 minutes and you guys make it sound like he struggled, heh.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
He had five points heading into the fourth quarter. He was almost scoreless in the first half. So yeah, he did kinda struggle.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Russell Westbrook has been looking really good the last couple weeks. It's like he finally realized that he sucks as a long range shooter.