NBA 2019-2020 Season: Kawhi Saved Us

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Reading post game thread on reddit, and I didn't know OKC traded Paul George to the Clippers and got 1st round picks in 2022, 2024, 2026, two first round choices via Miami for 2021 and 2023, and the right to swap 1st round picks in 2023 and 2025. And OKC got Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Danilo Gallinari.

For Paul George.
Not exactly. For Paul George and Kawhi Leonard. Leonard wouldn't join without another premiere player and George was his desired choice.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
What's just as absurd is what OKC got for shipping off Westbrook to Houston.

CP3 might've been the best player on the court during their first-round playoff series. It certainly wasn't Russ.

Sam Presti has amassed so many draft picks he won't be able to keep all that young talent. Perhaps they'll play it out like Boston right now or the old OKC teams that featured Russ, Harden, Durant, and a supporting cast. Maybe they'll try drafting Euro players. This is a team that, at a minimum, should be selling playoff ticket (=generating much-needed revenue) for the next decade, and if they get lucky, could have a real shot at a championship.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Kawhi has been fine...but George this entire playoffs had had what? Two good games? Not to give him a pass. Kawhi got everything he asked for on that team, and still couldn't get it done. He takes a hit IMO the same way Lebron did when he lost in Miami.

Thing I hate the most about this, is that LA is now the favorite to win it all.

• 1Like

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
When will people realize Doc Rivers sucks? He won it all once with an absurdly stacked Celtics team that really should have won 3 titles easily, but somehow winning once made him such a hot commodity I'm pretty sure Ballmer gave him an ownership stake or some crap just to come coach the Clippers

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
When will people realize Doc Rivers sucks? He won it all once with an absurdly stacked Celtics team that really should have won 3 titles easily, but somehow winning once made him such a hot commodity I'm pretty sure Ballmer gave him an ownership stake or some crap just to come coach the Clippers

Doesn't suck, but he is overrated. Feel good coach, not some basketball savant. As for him winning three? No. Ainge fucked those chances up by trading Perkins.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Will be interesting to see if PG13 and Kawhi's performances here are swept under the rug because bubble nonsense. They faced a team with no premier defenders and two all-world players completely failed to produce. This Clippers team was built to beat LeBron & Company.

But wow, this Denver team has guts. I'd like to predict an easy Finals appearance for the Lakeshow, but this Nuggets team isn't making anything easy so far. I'll take Lakers in 5. LeBron & Davis march on.

Battle in the East might be interesting with Miami winning game one. Boston is the more talented team and has the depth, but the Heat are hot and if Bam keeps that up they're a tough team. Miami in 7. Spo has the pulse of this group for the edge.

2 series in a row where Kawhi was the second best player on the court - the Nugs just have more firepower than a Porzingis-less Mavs team otherwise the Clips wouldn't have made it out of round 1.

All the slander and shit talking on twitter last night was worth it, I drink these Clippers tears. Poor old Patrick Beverly.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Doesn't suck, but he is overrated. Feel good coach, not some basketball savant. As for him winning three? No. Ainge fucked those chances up by trading Perkins.
Wildly overrated - I see no in game adjustments, just get Kawhi some spacing and hope for the best on offense is not a recipe for a title. They blew double digit leads in 3 straight games! Absolutely pathetic showing by this team of "junkyard dogs".

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I wish Kawhi would have just been smart and signed with the Lakers. That way Lebron can ride off into the sunset in a year or 2 and I could actually cheer for my Lakers again without feeling dirty, and knowing they have 2 young stars for a while still in Davis and Kawhi.

Oh well!

• 1Picard
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider

Perkins was an overrated 5th wheel whose role could have been replicated by any number of bigs. I think Rivers is an overrated whiner for sure that definitely didn't help them to win any more. Health and age were also a problem. Trading Kendrick Perkins is wayy down in the list of reasons why they never won again.

Tbh the team that really had future titles robbed by the Perkins trade was OKC. If they don't make that stupid deal maybe they'd have kept Harden and the entire decade would have looked different.

• 1Like

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Rivers is the first coach to lose 3 playoff series after leading 3 - 1. That pretty much says it all.

• 2Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

Ehhhh. Tony Romo wasn't the problem. This is like people blaming him for throwing an INT at the end of the game in that shootout with Peyton Manning's Broncos where they lost 51-45. Maybe the defense shouldn't have given up 51 points?

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It's just a joke...

Everyone knows Romo got more hate than he deserved.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rivers is the first coach to lose 3 playoff series after leading 3 - 1. That pretty much says it all.

Maybe they should fire Rivers, and scoop up D'Antoni. He can't do any worse.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme

From Rookie of the Year last year to First Team All-NBA. Luka is going to be a superstar for the next decade and a half. Kawhi is officially a has-been choke artist.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tried telling you guys Luca is an all timer. The first of many All NBA first team selections.

People forget he won a title in Europe and was schooling grown men on his way to league MVP and he wasn't even 18. He has "it".

He is a winner, plain and simple. His rebounding instinct, along with his sneaky size/power allows him to haul in boards and jump start the offense, along with being able to muscle his way inside for easy buckets when play breaks down in the half court.

He will only get better at shooting the 3 and at the foul line. He can def be a 50/40/80 % guy. Not to mention if he works on getting more in shape (more minutes, less injury prone) he will start to be a threat for a triple double every night.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

From Rookie of the Year last year to First Team All-NBA. Luka is going to be a superstar for the next decade and a half. Kawhi is officially a has-been choke artist.

Dude literally won a title a year ago. I get the Luka hype, but c'mon.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Dude literally won a title a year ago. I get the Luka hype, but c'mon.
Some athletes drop off a cliff when they go. Having to be bailed out of the first round by the refs and then choking in the second round is a pretty steep cliff to fall off of.