NBA 2019-2020 Season: Kawhi Saved Us

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
This season for the Warriors is now all about trying to find a couple of the young guys that will be able to contribute when everybody is back healthy next season (hopefully). Eric Paschall is giving some early hope on that front at least. 34/13 last night in a win against the Blazers for the #41 pick.

And of course when do they pull the trigger on a Russell trade. Now, or do they keep him until draft / summer ? I don't see any way he fits here long term with Steph and Klay. They had to make the move, but I've always seen him as a potential trade chip. Hopefully he can build his value more with Steph out for the next few months.

Tbh, I'm glad that some parity is returning to the NBA. My first ~25ish years as an NBA fan the Warriors were irrelevant to mediocre. But I could enjoy watching any of their games while still getting up for all the big matchups of the day between the "real teams." With them as the only team that mattered that much for the past few years, and due to how absurdly good and fun to watch they were, its been hard the past few years to get excited about watching most games they weren't playing in.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Man, fucking Mavericks. What the fuck are you fucking faggots doing. How the fuck do you lose to the Knicks twice in a week.

Stupid fucks. These retarded fucking fans that defended that FO after that disaster of a FA period. Fucking inbreds.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Luka is a fucking GOAT

Porzee is a pussy ass faggot that's all I got. Luka is the best 20 y/old I've ever seen, including Lebron. He's the white Magic, so effortless and cool

Fuck that team though, buncha fuckin pussies

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I was at a bar this past weekend that had 25 y/o Pappy for $800 a glass. Seemed steep.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I was at a bar this past weekend that had 25 y/o Pappy for $800 a glass. Seemed steep.

Was on a trip to Austin a few weekends ago, and stopped in a liquor store on the way down (Oak Liquor Cabinet for any Austinites). The guy who owned it was doing a celebratory tasting for free. One night was the Old Forrester Birthday, and the next was the PVW 15 year. Just passing them out. Probably had 4 or 5 oz of the PVW 15 yr for nothing (did pick up some store picks, least I could do).

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Paul George's first two games back from injury are insane. 35 ppg in 22 mpg. 57 PER, haha. Best return games from injury ever?

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Man, Luka Doncic.

Would like to see more ball movement and better incorporating of KP.. then again when you have that extraterrestrial on your team, it's hard to not just let him shoot every possession.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Man, Luka Doncic.

Would like to see more ball movement and better incorporating of KP.. then again when you have that extraterrestrial on your team, it's hard to not just let him shoot every possession.

Ya not sure Dallas has the pieces for a run or anything, and Carlisle is still tinkering with the lineup quite a bit but having a guy like that can definitely paper over some cracks while he figures it out. Derozan had a great game as well, Luka is just better. Whatever happens with Mavs this season, the team is finally really fun to watch again

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
This Celtics vs Clippers Game is nuts!

I have really enjoyed the beginning to this regular season more than anyone in recent memory. I am sure part of it is the team of my youth is relevant again.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Least minutes ever played in a game to have a 30 pt triple-double. 33 pts in the first half, 22 in the 1st (outscored the Warriors, which is probably more a testament of how bad they are).

• 2Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
NBA is in a pretty fun place right now, that Clippers game last night was really fun. Kawhi dunking on those Massholes was great.

As for Luka, don't know what else to say other than I've never seen anything like him and I've been an NBA guy for 25 years. Said it a million times in private, but will say it now publicly - if he was an American kid from Chicago or something he'd be the biggest story in sports. Not just basketball, sports.

I remember Lebrons rookie and sophomore years and it was wall to wall LBJ coverage (and rightfully so to some extent) - Luka is better in both years than Lebron was and is maybe the 4th biggest story in basketball this season. Good times, I have no doubt he'll trail off a bit and come back down to earth but this past two months has been the most enjoyable sports deal for me since the Mavs' run in 11'.

And a clip of Russ doing the same shit I've seen him do countless times in OKC - never change rusty, never change

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Least minutes ever played in a game to have a 30 pt triple-double. 33 pts in the first half, 22 in the 1st (outscored the Warriors, which is probably more a testament of how bad they are).
MVP MVP MVP MVP

• 1Truth!