NBA 2019-2020 Season: Kawhi Saved Us

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Not as bad as Game 1 last year. But this is pretty damn bad.
"This is not a one-off, this is the reality," Kerr said. "There's going to be nights like this this year. You've got to play through it, you've got to keep fighting and keep getting better. That's the plan."

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean they went from being a dynasty to being a fringe playoff team. Not sure what people were expecting.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Oh Kerr's back to talking about his team and basketball instead of lecturing me, his moral superior in every single way, about politics? Cool.

Faggot team with a faggot coach. Only good thing about it is Klay. I hope they start 0-50.

• 4Like
  • 2Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
As a (fairweather) Warriors fan I can't argue against the faggotry of Kerr and players getting selectively political. It's cringy as he'll when NPR or political pundits weigh in on "the sports" when they don't know shit, so fair is fair calling out the faggotry when sports stars think being famous makes them informed. I love both sports and politics, but they rarely mix well.

Sadly, we're a long way off from the Jordan notion to not shit talk portions of your own fans since "Republicans but shoes too." Of course it took being respectful to all Americans to sell shoes and tickets back then. Now, I guess China's teet is large enough they can tell American fans to essentially fuck off?

Not that my lone metrics matter, but I stopped listening to Jim Rome when he broke his no politics rule on the Fine-people-Charlottesville hoax. I stopped downloading Bill Simmons podcasts because too often I had to hear ignant NBA stars opinions on politics. I don't want to hear your shit opinions on Orange Hitler, thanks.

And when people get salty that politics is invading the sports threads keep in mind most of us enjoyed the separation of the two, but fags like LeBron, Kerr and Popovich couldn't keep their mouths shut as they cashed their China commie bucks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It's fun hearing people talk about Kerr differently after the latest game. I've heard a few pundits questioning his coaching and it's fantastic to hear. Kerr waltzed into coaching a championship caliber team. Let's see how well he does with a less talented one now. He's already lost two championships they shouldn't have lost. Let's see how many games he loses this year. I'd say a shitload unless Curry bails his ass out again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I do believe Kerr is a good coach, for NBA standards, at least, which is basically just managing egos most of the time these days and proving you're down with the struggle. Not sure if really matters, though. I mean, I also believe there are a lot of good police in Baltimore. Only so much good men can do to make a difference.

giphy.gif

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's fun hearing people talk about Kerr differently after the latest game. I've heard a few pundits questioning his coaching and it's fantastic to hear. Kerr waltzed into coaching a championship caliber team. Let's see how well he does with a less talented one now. He's already lost two championships they shouldn't have lost. Let's see how many games he loses this year. I'd say a shitload unless Curry bails his ass out again.

This is patently false. He took literally over the exact same team Mark Jackson had the year before. Went from a first round elimination to a title. Sure, Kerr has some questionable rotations at times, but he's definitely one of the better coaches in the NBA.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm shitting on him because I'm sick of immoral, hypocritical dogshit liars lecturing me about anything. Lebron can suck my dick too and then shove his highschool education right back up his ass.

• 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This is patently false. He took literally over the exact same team Mark Jackson had the year before. Went from a first round elimination to a title. Sure, Kerr has some questionable rotations at times, but he's definitely one of the better coaches in the NBA.

LMAO. That's hilarious. To be patently false, his coaching would have been the 100% necessary ingredient to their championships and that's truly the patently false statement. There are some possibilities that call into question his skillset as a coach.

Maybe Jackson's a terrible coach. Maybe Jackson just didn't have a lot of time with the full line up to succeed. Maybe, after Kerr somehow lost to the Cavs with that loaded squad, getting Durant makes him look far better than he is. Lots of maybes which ruins the patently part.

Sterling Sterling , I just think he's wildly overrated. He might be above average but not elite. Talent rules the NBA and I think the job Casey did at Toronto last year was more impressive than anything Kerr has accomplished. Kerr's had loaded teams and lost 2 finals with them. I could definitely eat my words but that's perfectly fine. This is the first year we see what he offers. So far he's just like us, watching incredibly talented and intelligent dudes make ridiculous shots on the perimeter or feeding Durant.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
LMAO. That's hilarious. To be patently false, his coaching would have been the 100% necessary ingredient to their championships and that's truly the patently false statement. There are some possibilities that call into question his skillset as a coach.

Maybe Jackson's a terrible coach. Maybe Jackson just didn't have a lot of time with the full line up to succeed. Maybe, after Kerr somehow lost to the Cavs with that loaded squad, getting Durant makes him look far better than he is. Lots of maybes which ruins the patently part.

Sterling Sterling , I just think he's wildly overrated. He might be above average but not elite. Talent rules the NBA and I think the job Casey did at Toronto last year was more impressive than anything Kerr has accomplished. Kerr's had loaded teams and lost 2 finals with them. I could definitely eat my words but that's perfectly fine. This is the first year we see what he offers. So far he's just like us, watching incredibly talented and intelligent dudes make ridiculous shots on the perimeter or feeding Durant.

Casey wasn't even Toronto's coach last year.... pretty informed!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Casey wasn't even Toronto's coach last year.... pretty informed!

Damn! You got me. So, was Nurse more impressive than Kerr or just coming in with hot takes? Was a Toronto team with less than 4 all-stars still making their first championship with a rook coach better than Kerr?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
One of those Finals teams that lost was not loaded with talent. No Durant. No Thompson. Completely exhausted of depth. If the Dubs managed to win that Finals? Toronto should have felt bad. 3-1 Finals comeback bad.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
One of those Finals teams that lost was not loaded with talent. No Durant. No Thompson. Completely exhausted of depth. If the Dubs managed to win that Finals? Toronto should have felt bad. 3-1 Finals comeback bad.
Yeah. I think Kerr is a good coach. Like I said there's over 30 coaching jobs in the league and they won't all be filled with Popoviches or Phil Jacksons. Kerr manages a roster of stars better than most would. That said with Klay out for the season they'll be fighting for a playoff spot, so should be interesting.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Well at least Warriors ticket prices should go down. Those $15 ticket days were great.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

And when Walton took over for Kerr, he went on a historic run.

• 2Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
And when Walton took over for Kerr, he went on a historic run.

Walton only coached during the actual games. Kerr still did all the game planning and prep.

Things that Kerr did:

1.) Move Iggy to the bench and Draymond to a starting position.
2.) Ball movement. Complete lack of ISO plays. Warriors had the highest assist rate in the league (and highest since the Showtime Lakers) after being towards the bottom.
3.) Pace and space. Constant player movement cleared space for open shooters. Increased emphasis on the three. Something many analysts thought was unsustainable. Now every team focuses on that. Plus the extremely fast pace made larger teams tired which led to...
4.) Small ball. Kerr was getting laughed at by pundits when he was inserting Dray at the 5 for the close out lineup. Now everyone copies it and centers have never been more undervalued.

He literally revolutionized the way the NBA is played today. He was pivotal in taking that lineup "anyone could win with" (except for the coach before him?) and taking them to the stratosphere. Problem now is many teams do what he instilled in those first 2-3 Dubs years. And he hasn't really come up with a great response - particularly on the defensive end.

Now highlight the areas to explain why he's bad.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Alex is completely right. Even if he's not the best game manager or has some flaws, he completely changed the way the team played offense from what Marc Jackson did. I mean, there were always precursors to the Warriors, but he's the one that had the most success (obviously in large part because of the players, but still). The league changed greatly because of how Kerr wanted the Warriors to play and how successfully they executed his vision. I feel like that's pretty monumental for top tier coaching status, even if he wasn't perfect.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
A coach has to have success with multiple teams before you can say its them or just the team they coach. Right now being better than Mark Jackson is what we agree on.

Things like "changing the way the game is played!" being about his coaching genius and not the talent he was given to work with is crazy talk.