NBA 2020-2021: The Dubs Empire Strikes Back

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
TMZ is trash. Fertita was a known Trump guy.

The Houston team was put together by Morey and Dantoni. Suddenly they're both gone. What sort of future do these players see for the organization as their championship windows and athletic prime are closing?

Rockets have no cap space, no mastermind GM, no proven coach, no draft capital for the next decade. They pushed the chips all in with Harden and came close to winning it all. Suddenly the players are watching the team executives abandon ship without repercussion but they're stuck languishing in mediocrity. Houston is primed to be a playoff team, but who counts them as a championship caliber organization right now? Harden et al didn't sign up for this.

Steve Nash doesn't deserve this headache; for his sake, keep Harden away from Brooklyn. That said, I wouldn't hate seeing KD, Irving, and Harden fail together. Can you imagine a worse fit among any Big Three?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, that trio doesn't scream championships to me. Especially when their next level of guys play similar positions with similar styles (though I'm guessing they'd get shipped out in any trade).

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
  • Bogdanovic trade to Bucks in danger.
  • Horford & picks to OKC for Danny Green (salary dump).
  • Hawks are the favorite for A sign & trade Gallinari deal; and to sign Rondo.
I just need the Mavs to not be full out retard mode. There is some talk they are in on a Gallinari sign-&-trade. Just make the pick at #18, or use #31 and move up.

As it currently stands, give me one of: Bane, Vassell, Maxey, Saddiq Bey at #18. Give me Tyler Bey at #31.

It's still "fuck the national bitchass jogger" league, but their offseason is still entertaining as fuck.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yeah, that trio doesn't scream championships to me. Especially when their next level of guys play similar positions with similar styles (though I'm guessing they'd get shipped out in any trade).

No team with Harden screams championship to me. At the end of the day he must have too many touches that never leave his hands unless hitting the rim. Never mind the defensive liability.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean part of his massive usage rate was just the offense he was in. KD can play off the ball primarily just fine. The big issue with Brooklyn is how much of what he does overlaps with Kyrie.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Just when I was starting to get excited about hoops again for the first time in about 18 months since that piece of shit Danny Green took out Klay. I was really looking forward to the draft, sit down tonight and turn on ESPN, see all these tweets on the bottom of the screen from Lebron and other guys sending their prayers to Klay and was like noooo wtf!

Apparently the guy that broke the Gobert corona story says Klay tore his achilles. If that's true, fuck fuck fuck. Klay pretty much my all time favorite Warrior, one of the coolest dudes in the league, so shitty.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah latest reports say it's a "heel" injury. Likely code for Achilles. Fuck. Klay was a damn iron man and now he might miss two full seasons in a row.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah latest reports say it's a "heel" injury. Likely code for Achilles. Fuck. Klay was a damn iron man and now he might miss two full seasons in a row.
ACL tear followed by Achilles tear? He will be lucky to come back and be effective at all.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I mean part of his massive usage rate was just the offense he was in. KD can play off the ball primarily just fine. The big issue with Brooklyn is how much of what he does overlaps with Kyrie.
I'd say the biggest issue is if KD is ever himself again after tearing his Achilles / rupturing it. I tore mine at the end of June and this has got to be one of the hardest injuries to rehab and still be a top 10 in a professional sport.

Sterling

El Presidente
I'd say the biggest issue is if KD is ever himself again after tearing his Achilles / rupturing it. I tore mine at the end of June and this has got to be one of the hardest injuries to rehab and still be a top 10 in a professional sport.
Yeah obviously KD not really being recovered from his injury is bad. I'm just talking about Harden fitting in fine with what KD does but that there's way too much overlap with Kyrie.

babo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Please god NO NO NONONONONONO!!!
By all means give me James Harden! Too many 3-4th quarter nightmare leads with the Celtics. Its time to move on from the Jays growing pains.
Id rather have James Harden with the rock and the clock during clutch or game winning moments than leaving it up to the Jays enough is enough.
Harden is a 60 ppg kinda guy. I wont worry about Celtics blowing the lead ever again. :emoji_shamrock: :emoji_trophy:

• 1Picard

Sterling

El Presidente
You obviously mean he's capable of random 60 point games, not a 60ppg guy. That would smash Wilt's record by like 10ppg.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
By all means give me James Harden! Too many 3-4th quarter nightmare leads with the Celtics. Its time to move on from the Jays growing pains.
Id rather have James Harden with the rock and the clock during clutch or game winning moments than leaving it up to the Jays enough is enough.
Harden is a 60 ppg kinda guy. I wont worry about Celtics blowing the lead ever again. :emoji_shamrock: :emoji_trophy:
He might score at the end of those games for you but he will also lead to your squad being down more often as well. The worst player in the league to watch and nonexistent on the defensive end. Be careful what you wish for.

• 1Truth!

Sterling

El Presidente
Harden is a better defender than people credit him for. He was 38th in the league in defensive winshares and was 2nd in the league in points per possession as primary defender. Of course you can massage stats however you want but he's at least now a credible defender.

• 1Solidarity

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Harden is a better defender than people credit him for. He was 38th in the league in defensive winshares and was 2nd in the league in points per possession as primary defender. Of course you can massage stats however you want but he's at least now a credible defender.
I will admit he has gotten better because he used to not expend any energy on defense whatsoever. He is certainly capable when he puts the energy into it. I would argue he is basically a spotlight defender though. He is competetive and obviously absurdly athletic and therefore one on one should and does defend well at times. My issues with him are rotational and team defense.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
  • Mavs added a starting caliber wing in Josh Richardson (with better floor spacing he might be a "good" level starter) & a legitimate 3&D prospect in Tyler Bey for Seth Curry - you also open cap space going forward moving Curry).
  • We replace Curry with Tyrell Terry at #31 who is a higher upside version of Seth Curry (the Ringer absolutely loved Terry, they had him #8 overall, lights out shooter.)
  • They add a really high upside, super athletic wing 3&D player in Josh Green at #18.
I'm shocked at the Mavs' FO level of competency here. The Mavs were so bad at wing last year, negative defense outside of Finney-Smith.