NBA 2020-2021: The Dubs Empire Strikes Back

Sterling

El Presidente
da fuq

It's wild how we're more hated than teams like the Lakers now.
It's the Durant thing. But you can't blame the team, that's on Durant and the league for allowing a spike like that in the cap. Any team/GM would be stupid to not try and sign a dude like him in that situation.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Payton Pritchard has been impressive for the Celts. He has shown some defensive chops, averaging 2 steals per 36 minutes, an elite number. Who knows if he can keep that up, but he is young and should only get better.

Jozu

There is something else going on with ol Kyrie.

He is losing his fucking mind.

Jozu

My guy took like 5 steps lmao. There is no travel in the NBA anymore.

Also, the Celtics bench is hilarious. Those guys really play for each other and look like they are having a ton of fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Udonis haslem figured something out. He has been with the Heat for so long, and has built up so much goodwill, he has been gifted a roster spot by virtue of his gravitas and mentorship.

He is basically an assistant coach. He gets zero playing time, yet is still there. Its even more crazy when you factor in the fact that The Heat is a no nonsense organization with pat Riley at the top, they have rigorous practice schedule, body fat percentage tests, etc, and this guy is still on the team. He is almost certainly going to get a job in the organization right after he retires as well. He has basically locked up a lifetime job with the Heat.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NBA Headlines: Kyrie 37 pts in Return

And when you actually look at the game, sure Kyrie had 37. Durant had 38. And Collin Sexton had 42 and won the fucking game for the Cavaliers.

But Kyrie is the headline... Fuck this league and the morons that cover it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
BTW. Cleveland fan, and I was in the city when for goddam once heaven smiled on that wretched place, so Kobe never was my favorite hehe.

But his and his daughter's death had to be the first serious sign 2020 was gonna blow. This article made me tear up. Kobe was next gen athlete stuff. in memorium, tall guy. The crash was 1/26/2020

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Neil Peart's death.
He was 67 and dying from cancer... It sucks but it's within the realm of the normal/expected. Kobe's death was just a punch out of the blue for such a huge name.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
He was 67 and dying from cancer... It sucks but it's within the realm of the normal/expected. Kobe's death was just a punch out of the blue for such a huge name.

True. But no one knew he had cancer either. It was a surprise when he died.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Neil Peart's death.

UnlawfulHeartyChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

• 1Moron
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users
lol. Some things, ya just have to know. But then we have to build a new reality, ya know?

Some people say you can't change reality. Me? I will choose free will.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Mavs win two in a row. Hell freezes over. But for real, let's go Carlisle. The "James Harden-style" system looks "meh" at best so far, even though the NBA thread over the last 3 years has been the HalleLuka Appreciation Thread.

hory

Mavs and Cuban can get fucked. I live in the metroplex and won't support the team again. I'm going to be vocal as well when I encounter anyone who still watches the hipster losers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Mavs win two in a row. Hell freezes over. But for real, let's go Carlisle. The "James Harden-style" system looks "meh" at best so far, even though the NBA thread over the last 3 years has been the HalleLuka Appreciation Thread.
I hope Luka refuses to resign and walks as soon as he can opt out at this point.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Damn, why are the mavs so hated by you guys? I don't follow the NBA like I used to but I thought even as recently as last season there was a lot of hope. Is it because of the poor start this year or something more?