NBA 2020-2021: The Dubs Empire Strikes Back

Sterling

El Presidente
yeah, he was the 2nd best player of his era, totally ignoring him being great. his team was also loaded for over a decade. Wilt is completely an outlier in physical abilities though. Dude ran the 100M in college and holds his conference high jump record, while being stronger than most dudes in the NFL To have a guy like that today imagine if giannis was like 5 inches taller, 70 pounds heavier and could run and pass like an elite guard.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
yeah, he was the 2nd best player of his era, totally ignoring him being great. his team was also loaded for over a decade. Wilt is completely an outlier in physical abilities though. Dude ran the 100M in college and holds his conference high jump record, while being stronger than most dudes in the NFL To have a guy like that today imagine if giannis was like 5 inches taller, 70 pounds heavier and could run and pass like an elite guard.
Raw athletics isn't the end all be all of basketball skill. Wilt was a world-class athlete. And Russell was a better BASEKETBALL PLAYER. If athletics were all we measured when going by greatness, Bird wouldn't even be in the top 100 of all time greats, let alone the top 10.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, Wilt was bad at basketball. He was only the better scorer, rebounder, defender and an elite passer. The one skill he did lack the was the ability to have 2-4 other HoF players on his team for over a decade.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Yeah, Wilt was bad at basketball. He was only the better scorer, rebounder, defender and an elite passer. The one skill he did lack the was the ability to have 2-4 other HoF players on his team for over a decade.
Saying Wilt was the 2nd best ball player of his era is saying he was bad at basketball. Sure.

And he was only the better scorer and rebounder because he HAD TO BE. He had no one else around him when he was setting those records. Russell had the advantage of better teammates to yes, his stats were lower, but to say he couldn't have put up similar stats if he had to is ridiculous. And no, Wilt was NOT the better defender. Not by a long shot.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This is true greatness. I see a future in cinema.

It's just so hard to fathom how people actually "like" LeBron. No one argues his greatness, but his whole career has just been totally manufactured and gone into complete overdrive with the stupid shit the last few years.

Btw, Kobe is a monster, but I probably have him Top 8-12ish realistically. Love his passion, and fire though but Jordan, Wilt, LBJ, Kareem, Hakeem, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Duncan I think were all better players off the top of my head. It's really not a knock on him though, dude was an absolute winner - just a lot of really great players.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Embiid is having an MVP type year. No one is really talking about it.

He is averaging 30.0 points per game, 10 boards, 3 helpers and 1.3 steals and 1.2 blocks per game. He is shooting 40.0% from 3, with 3.2 makes per game. He is also scorching at the free throw line at an 86% clip, and leads the league in free throw attempts. He also leads the league in PER. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

• 3Like
  • 1Cutler

Sterling

El Presidente
Embiid is having an MVP type year. No one is really talking about it.

He is averaging 30.0 points per game, 10 boards, 3 helpers and 1.3 steals and 1.2 blocks per game. He is shooting 40.0% from 3, with 3.2 makes per game. He is also scorching at the free throw line at an 86% clip, and leads the league in free throw attempts. He also leads the league in PER. Hopefully he can stay healthy.
Except like literally every analyst is talking about him and Lebron being the only 2 MVP candidates right now so not sure who this no one thing is about.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol someone said "That was for Pearl Harbor".

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Jordan wasn’t the one that saved the league from the rock bottom it hit in the 70’s. There were two other guys did that.

Julius Erving. Larry Bird vs Magic Johnson saved the league. Once saved, Jordan brought it to new heights...

• 4Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Julius Erving. Larry Bird vs Magic Johnson saved the league. Once saved, Jordan brought it to new heights...
Yeah, the ABA merger into Bird and Magic saved the league. Jordan globalized and fully commercialized it for sure though.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Kyrie can’t go a full week without saying or doing something dumb as shit

• 1Truth!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Kyrie can’t go a full week without saying or doing something dumb as shit

The thing that cracks me up...He REALLY thinks he's smart. Dude. You have quick reflexes, and great hand eye coordination. You don't have a big brain. Move the fuck on.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

babo

Golden Knight of the Realm
I tried my hardest to keep watching the NBA All-Star game but the NBA tries to make you feel some type of way if you aint black.
Maybe I would feel better if I voted for Biden.

• 1Worf