NBA 2021-22 Season Thread - [Insert Whitty Title Here]

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol. Thanks for sharing that Rajaah...?

A true man of virtue.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Some great matchups now… great playoffs so far and outside of a healthy Bucks team I’m not sure there’s a clear favorite. Phoenix I guess but they let a pretty shitty NO team push them a bit and Dallas is a totally different beast. Boston playing great, GSW look good if healthy. Excited

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Lol, nah. KD is 15 years into his career and got hounded by 3 guys, half his age.

Kyrie declared the worst teammate in the history of team-sports and Ben Simmons declared the biggest bitch... of anything, ever.

Can't imagine having a cancer like Kyrie on a team. Simmons doesn't even want to play ball, just wants the fame/money.

The Kyrie hate just the vax thing or is there more?

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah for me it's the whole "I want to manage the team with KD" shit he was saying the other day. It's like bro your job is to play, coaches manage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Kyrie is an all around retard and a cancer to any team that he's on. It's not a specific thing, it's a culmination of many things.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fantastic Game 1 win by the Dubs. Without Draymond most of it too.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Mavs are going to have a tough time with this Suns team, definitely a talent gap. Another 40+ pts game by Luka, although he left points on the floor. Could've been better.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Mavs are going to have a tough time with this Suns team, definitely a talent gap. Another 40+ pts game by Luka, although he left points on the floor. Could've been better.
I mean, he shot 50% and missed 15 shots - that is definitely a recipe for losing this series. He was brilliant and kind of crummy at the same time, ala Westbrook (but better). Of course, not helped when Brunson/Spence shoot under 40% combined and continue to miss wide open layups.

I like JB, but his Jazz series is not a fair reflection on who he actually is. He's a 15-20 ppg guy and I really hope we don't overpay him. If he commands a huge payday, let somebody else swallow it.

But I agree, Suns are a better team than Dallas - that first half we didn't even play that bad, they just move the ball so well and our rotations were slow af. Felt like everytime we got close somebody got a layup or Crowder was filling his boots. Think this might be a 5 gamer unfortunately unless some adjustments are made. We'll see.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I mean, he shot 50% and missed 15 shots - that is definitely a recipe for losing this series. He was brilliant and kind of crummy at the same time, ala Westbrook (but better). Of course, not helped when Brunson/Spence shoot under 40% combined and continue to miss wide open layups.

I like JB, but his Jazz series is not a fair reflection on who he actually is. He's a 15-20 ppg guy and I really hope we don't overpay him. If he commands a huge payday, let somebody else swallow it.

But I agree, Suns are a better team than Dallas - that first half we didn't even play that bad, they just move the ball so well and our rotations were slow af. Felt like everytime we got close somebody got a layup or Crowder was filling his boots. Think this might be a 5 gamer unfortunately unless some adjustments are made. We'll see.
Yeah, the Jalen Brunson Free Agency is going to be a fascinating. I think you probably re-sign him, knowing you can trade him if you need to. Even at $25mm a year, which I'm sure Detroit will offer, I think you can still move that contract. There is definitely a bit of a risk, though, but hopefully he continues a Kyle Lowry-esque trajectory.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Going to be a rough series for the Mavs. Suns team is good.

Booker is a total fag, though, always trying to look "hard". Plus, CP3 has always been a whiny bitch, but that dude is very good. Too much talent for that Suns team.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Yeah, the Jalen Brunson Free Agency is going to be a fascinating. I think you probably re-sign him, knowing you can trade him if you need to. Even at $25mm a year, which I'm sure Detroit will offer, I think you can still move that contract. There is definitely a bit of a risk, though, but hopefully he continues a Kyle Lowry-esque trajectory.
3 for 13, 9 points, 1 for 3 from 3. He's going to make $24m per year based on 6 games against a disfunctional Jazz team. The Mavs are a clownshoes franchise if they sign him for that. (which they will). Enjoy Luka while you can. He's out of here as soon as his deal will allow him.

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Going to be a rough series for the Mavs. Suns team is good.

Booker is a total fag, though, always trying to look "hard". Plus, CP3 has always been a whiny bitch, but that dude is very good. Too much talent for that Suns team.

I feel bad for Luka. Dude is straight ballin' and has zero help. Not sure how he gets people to go to Dallas. City has never been an NBA draw, and they aren't a top 10-20 star away from a championship after looking at these last two games.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I feel bad for Luka. Dude is straight ballin' and has zero help. Not sure how he gets people to go to Dallas. City has never been an NBA draw, and they aren't a top 10-20 star away from a championship after looking at these last two games.
I think an athletic ball handler in a top 10-20 tier would actually mask a lot of issues on this team. A lot of it is that the Mavs don't really have another appropriately sized secondary option to get his own shot, and actually make them.

Also, I'm a huge Luka apologist, but after looking at further numbers, he got absolutely torched defensively last night. Kidd and Luka himself have got to do a better job masking him, and switching etc.

Now this immediate narrative from NBA fans (which are a bunch of gay young hype beast, homo types) is that Luka is actually very overrated lol.

Lesser team with great player loses to great team with 5 players better than Dallas' 2nd best - NEWS AT 10.

Edit:
Mavs desperately need to run more actions/movements, and more ball movement in general. This team gets too iso/Luka heavy. Not sure why they absolutely blitzed Utah in game 5 doing that, then didn't return to it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I hope the Heat win this year. This year their weapons have matured and can match up with anyone.

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Or Bucks... or Celtics... Miami may be in like 5th. I see Vegas has them 4th but I wouldn't do that.

At this point though I'll take anybody but the Grizzlies, cause fuck Dillon Brooks. You shouldn't be rewarded for that bush league shit and his suspension should have been longer.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Mavs actually used actions and ball movement, not sure why they don't do this every game.