NBA 2021-22 Season Thread - [Insert Whitty Title Here]

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
So I don't watch the NBA at all anymore, but do reporters not ask them questions after games? Did nobody think to ask him why he did that? Seems like a fairly big deal, no?

I can't recall the last time I looked at a full NBA game. It's just not my style of basketball any longer. Plus the superstars don't really appeal to me also. Greek Freak, Morant and maybe Leonard for how smooth his game is. And Curry. Only players I would tune in to see play, if at all.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I can't recall the last time I looked at a full NBA game. It's just not my style of basketball any longer. Plus the superstars don't really appeal to me also. Greek Freak, Morant and maybe Leonard for how smooth his game is. And Curry. Only players I would tune in to see play, if at all.
You'll watch Curry but not Doncic????

Sterling

El Presidente
There's good and bad things about the league now and there are some games that are fun to watch and lots of unwatchable shit. Same as every era of the league. People always talk about the 90s like every game was Bulls/Jazz. There were plenty of shit Hawks/Nuggets games too.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
He's white. Can not watch. In my black man contract.

I actually went to a game at The Garden to see him.
A white man dominating in The Garden... must have brought back memories!!

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
A white man dominating in The Garden... must have brought back memories!!

Hhahahahahaahhah!!!

f1f61d6a8a1bcac06e77c7930dc7facc.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
LOL! Fuck Harden. Fucker thinks he gets fouled every play.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I don't pay much attention until the playoffs, and it's usually on in the background. Not something I pay full attention to.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Zach Lavine just passed Michael Jordan on all time 3 pointers made list in Bulls franchise history.

WHAT.

That is unreal, this is probably the best stat one can highlight when arguing the league has drastically changed. LaVine has made more 3's in 3 years than Jordan did in 13.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I made a point of watching the NBA playoffs last year. I've been very outspoken against the NBA, so maybe hypocritical of me or maybe there is value in seeing what I had been deciding to miss. Either way, was just meh.

Had to ask my girlfriend who is not into sports who was in the finals (confusing both of us). It was that memorable.

Some fun individual players to watch, for sure. Some decent team ball at times, but mostly not. And I'll acknowledge the players are more athletic than ever, playing faster when they aren't being lazy, etc, so in theory in many ways the game is technically better than ever.

But it's just, like, who cares.

Maybe the players were always rich and entitled, too. It just feels different. Maybe that is the difference. Jordan era players were rich and entitled and living the dream, but it didn't feel like they were rubbing it in my face like it does now.

I'm okay with people living the dream and enjoying the riches our society offers, even if they seem ungrateful, but don't turn to me and lecture me on my place and my obligations and my "privilege" and all that shit.

Like somehow telling me I'm bad for simply existing is necessary to justify their place at the top of our society. That never needed justified, imo, so don't use me to justify shit they're feeling guilty or uncomfortable over.

OMG but muh platform for change! I'm a victim of the racist system! I have to change the system that benefitted me to justify my being benefitted!

Fuck you. You play basketball for millions of dollars; maybe just focus on finding the courage to run up the court, LeBron!

The game may even be technically better, even if it's not to my preferred tastes, but the NBA and the retarded players are objectively insufferable cunts that deserve failure.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I just generally stopped watching most sports since Covid hit. Brang out all the retards who think they have a voice in anything.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I heard the Heat were 5-1, so I listened to the Heat Mavs game last night on the radio. I needed something positive to erase the incompetence of the Dolphins:

1. Heat look really good early on, and Oladipo isnt even back yet. Hard to say how consistent this will be, with Bam and Herro coming out looking like different players.

2. Raptors fans always injecting Kyle Lowry into "who is the best point guard?" arguments, and as a casual fan I didnt really know why (because casual fans don't watch Toronto) but now I see it.

3. I feel bad for Luka and Mavs fans simultaneously. Cuban probably won't be able to get talent around him in time when his contract expires, and he's out a there.

4. Weird Heat-Mavs "rivalry." I live in the DFW area and Mavs fans are always chippy about the Heat because of the '06 Finals. They've always got to say something, and most Heat fans don't even think about it at all. They're 1-1 in Finals matchups and Dirk got his ring, so...

5. Meltdown of Mavs fans with chants of "Let's go Heat" in the 1st and 4th quarter in Dallas' house.

6. Cuban should sell the team but he won't. Mavs fans are stuck with him.

P.S. Luka when you've done your time in Purgatory come to Miami where the GM has a better track record building contenders. Don't listen to those clowns in Boston or New York...

...or you can go to the Warriors too I guess. I would watch the hell out of that also.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I heard the Heat were 5-1, so I listened to the Heat Mavs game last night on the radio. I needed something positive to erase the incompetence of the Dolphins:

1. Heat look really good early on, and Oladipo isnt even back yet. Hard to say how consistent this will be, with Bam and Herro coming out looking like different players.
They do look good. They just don't have enough to get them over the hump again I bet.

3. I feel bad for Luka and Mavs fans simultaneously. Cuban probably won't be able to get talent around him in time when his contract expires, and he's out a there.

6. Cuban should sell the team but he won't. Mavs fans are stuck with him.
Luka to Boston baby!!

Why sell?

P.S. Luka when you've done your time in Purgatory come to Miami where the GM has a better track record building contenders. Don't listen to those clowns in Boston or New York...
The man is from Slovenia. He needs the cold weather to thrive man!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Luka just signed his supermax and is locked up til 2027... gonna be a while before he could really start asking for a trade. Their biggest problem right now is Porzingis not earning 30 mill plus - unless they can dump his contract they'll have to target 2024ish for their big chance to make a splash in FA lol. Better draft well til then.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
They do look good. They just don't have enough to get them over the hump again I bet.

You're probably right, but they have a chance.
Luka to Boston baby!!

Why sell?

Just the feeling from several Mavs fans. Something about Cuban as the owner contributes to Dallas not being as attractive a destination. I don't follow the team but I hear that Cuban can hurt more than he helps it seems.

The man is from Slovenia. He needs the cold weather to thrive man!

Good point: Send him to Milwaukee with Giannis. That'd be amazing.

Luka just signed his supermax and is locked up til 2027... gonna be a while before he could really start asking for a trade. Their biggest problem right now is Porzingis not earning 30 mill plus - unless they can dump his contract they'll have to target 2024ish for their big chance to make a splash in FA lol. Better draft well til then.

I didn't know it was that long. Gonna be a few rough years I guess.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Porzingas really is the issue. Not sure why he had a fall off since coming from NYC. You'd thing he'd thrive with a player of Luka's caliber.

Sterling

El Presidente
7 foot dudes almost always have trouble staying healthy. There's been a handful of unicorns but that's just how it generally is.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its hilarious how many Ball family dick riders there are.

Fucking guys on youtube making vidsos about liangelo lighting up g league scrimmage sessions and how he is going to get picked up etc.

Melo is balling but if LiAngelo actually does make an NBA roster Lavar Ball would never shut up and the internet would jerk off about it for weeks.