NBA 2021-22 Season Thread - [Insert Whitty Title Here]

Sterling

El Presidente
I think that's something you'd do for the best player in the world though.

If Luka, Giannis, Embiid, Jokic, whoever suddenly hit the market or forced out of their current deals the Magic would sell 20% of their shitty franchise to get the deal done.
All those dudes are way younger than Durant and the issue is being able to package all that bullshit and be a contender immediately. There just aren't a lot of teams that can both afford the assets and still be in a position to win immediately. GSW and Boston? likely were top of the heap and the optics for both teams would have been wild.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Plus, if you have a season result that seems less than expected you might have to deal with Durant drama.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
KD was pretty down to earth in interviews from his early years. The whole BLM/Trump era retarded him (though like most young, celebrity black men he was definitely primed). He went sorta retarded woke on grievance culture that sorta mirrored Lebron as he got more out of touch. Now he's also like Lebron where he's a drama queen and wrapped up in smelling his own farts and those of activists pushing victim narratives. Sorta sucks, early on he was a hell of a team player and had some great stories about growing up. Was one of my favorite players while with OKC, and I wonder what would have happened both professionally and personally if the cancer that is Westbrook had been shipped off and Durant and/or Harden stayed in OKC.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Top 3 best player in the world and HOFer? Ya I dont want him on my team either!

RIP Sonics..

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Here's the evaluation all interested teams ended up at:

KD! - (age + achilles + unstable diva attitude) << asking price

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Lebron shredded Holmgren before he even played one game in the league. Rough break.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wonder if Lebron is going to regret signing that extension now.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
lol the Knicks suck forever

Zero chance they make the playoffs now, even after that supremely goofy Brunson overpay. So glad the Mavs let him walk.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

This one looks deserved. NBA went full court with that many interviews.

The investigation included interviews with more than 320 current and former employees as well as Sarver, the NBA announced. It also examined more than 80,000 documents and other materials, including emails, text messages and videos.

And they published the report.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dude should be 100% legally down to say "ok I'm suspended as an owner and penalized millions? There are no Suns this year, and none of these inventors are getting paid."

And that is what he should say and do. It's absolutely hilarious that he isn't allowed to. He said some disparaging remarks about women in the workplace? Great, now go through every company in the world and see where that hasn't happened.

The fact that even the article points out that him uttering the "racist" words (dude said Wakandan) was just him quoting another person, is the telling point. Fuck these prima donnas, everyone on that team should forfeit their money for the year because they work for a "racist, sexist" organization.

And fuck LeBron; that retard needs to stop ever chiming in on anything until he publicly apologizes for not supporting Hong Kong.

• 2Like

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider
This one looks deserved. NBA went full court with that many interviews.

The investigation included interviews with more than 320 current and former employees as well as Sarver, the NBA announced. It also examined more than 80,000 documents and other materials, including emails, text messages and videos.

And they published the report.

Would love to look into 17 years of your history then fine and suspend you from work for REPEATING a word other people used. Let me guess, since you’re black you get a pass?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Dude should be 100% legally down to say "ok I'm suspended as an owner and penalized millions? There are no Suns this year, and none of these inventors are getting paid."

And that is what he should say and do. It's absolutely hilarious that he isn't allowed to. He said some disparaging remarks about women in the workplace? Great, now go through every company in the world and see where that hasn't happened.

The fact that even the article points out that him uttering the "racist" words (dude said Wakandan) was just him quoting another person, is the telling point. Fuck these prima donnas, everyone on that team should forfeit their money for the year because they work for a "racist, sexist" organization.

And fuck LeBron; that retard needs to stop ever chiming in on anything until he publicly apologizes for not supporting Hong Kong.

Yeah...Pipe dream there. I'm sure Donald Sterling would have loved to do that also.

Time and time again you are hearing about the backlash from disparaging remarks, even when quoting others. It gets you fired/voted out.

Lebron is a hypocrite on a few levels and so is the league with China.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
They could set up a mic in the locker room and hear more racist, misogynist stuff than they would ever imagine. Every remotely attractive women who works in the Suns org has been debased verbally by the entire team, repeatedly. But instead, they focus on the guy who is literally paying everyone's salaries? It's bonkers.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Would love to look into 17 years of your history then fine and suspend you from work for REPEATING a word other people used. Let me guess, since you’re black you get a pass?

I have never in a professional environment said or done anything offensive. EVER. Wouldn't even cross my mind. My job is my livelihood. How I take care of my family, and those around me. Why risk that?

Matter of fact I have been kicked out of diversity training for pointing out the hypocrisy in the training on a couple points the trainers were making. Had to go to HR to make them put me back in the silly ass class. So you would be...

ShRy.gif

• 2Like

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider
I have never in a professional environment said or done anything offensive. EVER. Wouldn't even cross my mind. My job is my livelihood. How I take care of my family, and those around me. Why risk that?

Matter of fact I have been kicked out of diversity training for pointing out the hypocrisy in the training on a couple points the trainers were making. Had to go to HR to make them put me back in the silly ass class. So you would be...

View attachment 433399
You do realize that if you took a stand against diversity training and owned a basketball team, they would be trying to suspend you for a year and fine you 10 million as well?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
You do realize that if you took a stand against diversity training and owned a basketball team, they would be trying to suspend you for a year and fine you 10 million as well?

Not in my case. The stand I took was exactly what you pointed out. That black people were saying the "N" word, and one teacher was trying to sell it as different words. "ah" vs "er". I made a fuss about how mother fuckers need to just stop saying that shit period at work. My removal from said class soon commenced since I wouldn't drop it.

I know what you're getting at though.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity