NBA 2022-23 Season Thread - Wembanyama Tank-A-Thon Is On!

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The problem with Kyrie to the Mavs is how close Cuban is to the team. He and Irving will absolutely clash. I also wonder how long it’ll be before Kyrie tires of being Robin to a white Batman.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Kyrie talk:

I think the Nets would immediately take a package of Spencer Dinwiddie & Dorian Finney-Smith for Kyrie and never look back. The Mavs desperately need a 2nd star, and on the court I'm not sure if there would be a much better fit than Luka & Kyrie.

The deterrent for all these teams, including the Lakers, is their reluctance to offer him a huge deal. While I get that, if you're the Mavs, and can retain all your 1st round picks and Josh Green, and still acquire Kyrie for say: Dinwiddie & THJ, I think you have to do it. Offer Kyrie $165 million, over 4 years and see where it takes you. He'll have to play to get the money. Plus, he apparently has good relationships with Kidd & Nico Harrison.

The Mavs would then have three 1sts, and pick swaps, Josh Green, DFS to all push to land a true 3rd star this off-season - Siakam anyone?

If Nico tries to retain Finny Smith I think the Mavs lose Kyrie to the Suns or the Clippers.

Also I think Siakam is overkill if you snag Irving. The better move for them would be to drop the currently available 2027 and 2029 FRPs + Josh Green + THJ for Anunob at the deadline instead of waiting for the summer.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
162F2D14-E585-4124-8CD1-DD9EC022AF8C.jpeg

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Like I said... Somebody was going to have to include a first to make the Nets move =p

Yeah… I think he could’ve been had for less but looks like the Mavs are pushing all in. I don’t think they’re done, and one of THJ or Bullock get moved before the deadline.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Not a fan of this for Luka. Dude gets sorely needed help, but Kyrie is the worst team mate in NBA history. Cuban will be shooting Kyrie in the legs in a month.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I think there’s a distinction between being toxic for an organization and toxic in the locker room. There’s really not a lot of evidence that he’s the latter, but plenty for the former.

Wonder what the Mavs next move is because they still have the same holes to plug, but now they also need depth at the wing. As I mentioned earlier, Anunoby is the dream scenario but the Pelicans have a way better offer. Not ideal but maybe calling the Pistons about Bojan makes more sense now.

Mavs should be calling about Naz Reid too.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I think there’s a distinction between being toxic for an organization and toxic in the locker room. There’s really not a lot of evidence that he’s the latter, but plenty for the former.
Hence herpes and not cancer.

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I As I mentioned earlier, Anunoby is the dream scenario but the Pelicans have a way better offer. Not ideal but maybe calling the Pistons about Bojan makes more sense now.

Mavs should be calling about Naz Reid too.

Fuck. They have anything to give at this point?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It seems like they're doing the trade without a deal in place. That seems like a bad idea given Irving's history.

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
It seems like they're doing the trade without a deal in place. That seems like a bad idea given Irving's history.
Watch he'll play pretty well for this season, get a ~ 4 year max and then flake out as usual. Worth it!

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Watch he'll play pretty well for this season, get a ~ 4 year max and then flake out as usual. Worth it!
That's not even the worst case scenario (though a likely one). At least they can try to recoup some assets. If he bails after this season, Dallas handicapped their immediate future.

Sterling

El Presidente
That's not even the worst case scenario (though a likely one). At least they can try to recoup some assets. If he bails after this season, Dallas handicapped their immediate future.
That's fair. Or he can just flake for this season and then bail anyways. And basically get nothing at all.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Fuck. They have anything to give at this point?

I think available this year they have 2027 FRP and 2026 & 2028 FRP swaps. Their best young prospect is Josh Green and he’s doing great. A package for Anuonoby would have to be Josh Green + McGee + all the FRPs available… and both the Pelicans and Grizzlies have better offers. Suns & Blazers too.

They could definitely pick up Naz Reid and Bojan Bogdanovic though.