NBA 2022-23 Season Thread - Wembanyama Tank-A-Thon Is On!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Bertans contract is horrific. Kleber is actually seen as a good asset, or was: big guy who can run, shoot, and defend. He's been so injured that idk if he can be counted on going forward. Bertans, THJ, and McGee are the contracts they really want out of. Those are seen as net-negatives.

If Kyrie leaves then you essentially just start over after a year. Maybe tie expirings and THJ to 1sts to acquire solid player(s), then pray for Free Agency in a year - because that's worked so well for them in the past.

The Kyrie thing on one hand I laud him for the shit he did earlier in the year, for essentially not backing down, but he'll absolutely quit on you. Mavs don't really have a choice at this point. I kinda hope they magically land a Top 6 pick at this point.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Bertans contract is horrific. Kleber is actually seen as a good asset, or was: big guy who can run, shoot, and defend. He's been so injured that idk if he can be counted on going forward. Bertans, THJ, and McGee are the contracts they really want out of. Those are seen as net-negatives.

If Kyrie leaves then you essentially just start over after a year. Maybe tie expirings and THJ to 1sts to acquire solid player(s), then pray for Free Agency in a year - because that's worked so well for them in the past.

The Kyrie thing on one hand I laud him for the shit he did earlier in the year, for essentially not backing down, but he'll absolutely quit on you. Mavs don't really have a choice at this point. I kinda hope they magically land a Top 6 pick at this point.

Kyrie is re-signing in Dallas. They can offer him $273mil/5yrs and the best anyone else can do is $201mil/4yrs. Their PPP in pick & rolls is off the charts and their offensive rating together is top of the league. If Luka gives it his blessing, Kai will remain a Maverick (for another year at least)

Everyone knows the Mavs roster deficiencies, and I’m sure the FO is in close contact with both Irving and Doncic about plans going forward. Getting Kyrie for Dinwiddie and Finney-Smith, two middling players on the wrong side of their prime, plus a distant FRP, was a no brainer that they had to pull the trigger on. Dallas was never going to add a top 10 scorer in free agency, and they had few draft assets but many holes to fill. Capitalizing on the Nets situation was both the necessary and correct move.

So now they need a top-notch rebounding starting Center who can set a decent screen and rolls hard, and a starting power forward with some lateral quickness to slow down drives to the paint and help bully the glass, and has to be respected on the perimeter.

I’d love Siakam too but since they traded that 2029 pick, they don’t have the assets to compete for him. IMO their best move(s) this off-season:

1. Execute a sign & trade with Charlotte for PJ Washington. Start him at Power Forward next to Reggie Bullock. My ideal situation is matching with Christian Wood and sweetening with a 2RP or two, but I guess that depends how stupid the Hornets FO is.

2. Use the 2027 FRP and 2x swaps to try and pry Capela from the Hawks. They have Okongwu waiting in the wings and they desperately need floor spacing. Capela has proven to be a great PNR partner next to Trae and is an excellent rebounder who always boxes out. Best thing is he doesn’t need the ball to succeed. Send them Tim Hardaway Jr. + McGee and everybody wins.

3. Use the MLE to sign some bench shooting depth at Small Forward to replace THJ. I’m partial to my boy Yuta Watanabe. Loved him on the Raptors and he’s such a positive locker room guy. Not afraid to contest even if he’s gonna get absolutely annihilated by a dunker. Raptors alum with their defensive mentality.

4. Sign Boban for Luka.

Since it’s become clear that the 2023 pick will not convey this year, use it to sign a defensive forward with some shooting upside. Obviously get Wembanyama if you luck into first.

6. Re-sign Dwight Powell at his current rate or lower.

Depth chart 2023-24:

PG: Doncic-Hardy
SG: Irving-Green-Wright
SF: Bullock-Watanabe-Rookie
PF: Washington-Kleber-Bertans
C: Capela-Powell-Boban

You’re welcome Nico. Cuban call me up.

Last edited:
  • 1Home Run
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Kyrie is re-signing in Dallas. They can offer him $273mil/5yrs and the best anyone else can do is $201mil/4yrs. Their PPP in pick & rolls is off the charts and their offensive rating together is top of the league. If Luka gives it his blessing, Kai will remain a Maverick (for another year at least)

Everyone knows the Mavs roster deficiencies, and I’m sure the FO is in close contact with both Irving and Doncic. Getting Kyrie for Dinwiddie and Finney-Smith, two middling players on the wrong side of their prime, plus a distant FRP was a no brainer and they had to pull the trigger. Dallas was never going to add a top 10 scorer in free agency, and they had few draft assets but many holes to fill. Capitalizing on the Nets situation was both the necessary and correct move.

So now they need a top-notch rebounding starting Center who can set a decent screen and rolls hard, and a starting power forward with some lateral quickness to slow down drives to the paint and help bully the glass, and has to be respected on the perimeter.

I’d love Siakam too but since they traded that 2029 pick, they don’t have the assets to compete for him. IMO their best move(s) this off-season:

1. Execute a sign & trade with Charlotte for PJ Washington. Start him at Power Forward next to Reggie Bullock. My ideal situation is matching with Christian Wood and sweetening with a 2RP or two, but I guess that depends how stupid the Hornets FO is.

2. Use the 2027 FRP and 2x swaps to try and pry Capela from the Hawks. They have Okongwu waiting in the wings and they desperately need floor spacing. Capela has proven to be a great PNR partner next to Trae and is an excellent rebounder who always boxes out. Best thing is he doesn’t need the ball to succeed. Send them Tim Hardaway Jr. + McGee and everybody wins.

3. Use the MLE to sign some bench shooting depth at Small Forward to replace THJ. I’m partial to my boy Yuta Watanabe. Loved him on the Raptors and he’s such a positive locker room guy. Not afraid to contest even if he’s gonna get absolutely annihilated by a dunker. Raptors alum with their defensive mentality. Alternatively, I’d accept going after a small ball 5 like Naz Reid here and giving Justin Holiday the be

Mavs starters and bench would be:

PG: Doncic-Hardy
SG: Irving-Green
SF: Bullock-Watanabe
PF: Washington-Kleber
C: Capela-Powell

You’re welcome Nico. Cuban call me up.
I'd be completely on board with all of that. I'd absolutely love Capela. He'd be a perfect fit here defensively, and as a PnR guy. Washington would be a great get also.

I'd be ecstatic with that offseason.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think I've heard this before... Draymond Green getting a flagrant foul and potentially costing his team a game or two.

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I think I've heard this before... Draymond Green getting a flagrant foul and potentially costing his team a game or two.

HTF are they not giving him a game or two suspension on this bull shit. He didn't grab Green's leg he was attempting to cover up.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He clearly grabbed and even held onto the leg when Draymond tried to move. The grab was dirty. Sabonis got what he deserved.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think it was a bit of both going too far, but that stomp was a lot more than a hold, even if it was the instigating action. At worst Sabonis committed a foul but Draymond went beyond that.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
He clearly grabbed and even held onto the leg when Draymond tried to move. The grab was dirty. Sabonis got what he deserved.

Grabbed the leg in cover up. Released as soon as Green pulled. Especially in real time.

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
People arguing that Sabonis was the instigator is a weird take. He was coving up from having again been thrown to the ground and hit on the way down without a foul being called. He's a bit soft and/or an occasional flopper, which is why they're targeting him, but let's not pretend he was just randomly holding Draymond's leg without context.

Then, days after Westbrick beefing with fans and confronting one post game and an increase in player confrontation with fans, nodody wants to talk about Draymond taunting fans with what looked like homophobic slurs that are probably also transphobic, calling them pussies. Very problematic!

The NBA has a racial problem: white cucks no longer willing to critique the game or hold players accountable.

If the races were reversed.... Yeah, no shit it's whataboutism, that's how rational people consider their environment.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Draymond is a fucking punk. I have said it before he is the kind of guy that would get choke slammed in a football locker room, but since this is basketball and they are all pussies he is a "tough guy." The grab was dirty and Sabonis deserved the F1, Draymond is on another level when it comes to dirty and he got what he deserved too. They other guy that that is a real bitch and needs to get choked slammed is that Brooks dude from Memphis, total cunt of a human.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
People arguing that Sabonis was the instigator is a weird take. He was coving up from having again been thrown to the ground and hit on the way down without a foul being called. He's a bit soft and/or an occasional flopper, which is why they're targeting him, but let's not pretend he was just randomly holding Draymond's leg without context.

Funny you say this because Sabonis to me is fouling Klay when the ball is up - has his arm wrapped around him - and then we he can't use that get the position he wants - he flops. He either flops, or Klay may have stepped on his foot, can't tell from that angle. Either way, its his own fault he's on the floor in the first place due to committing a foul he gets away with. And then to follow that up he intentionally grabs Green's foot.

I can usually find a way to say these Draymond episodes are overhyped. The play last year where he grabbed Brandon Clark to keep him falling to the ground as hard, and got suspended from a playoff game for it, absurd suspension. When Lebron was standing over him in 2016 and he simply swiped to move him off to be able to stand up - even more absurd that was considered a technical that led to a suspension in the finals. Nobody will ever convince me that wasn't just the NBA trying to manufacture a series and giving Lebron a gift.

All that said - I can't defend this one. If the NBA suspends him, he earned this one. It was dirty, unnecessary. Tbh, maybe a fitting way to end this season, and possibly his tenure with the Warriors. He puches Poole before the season even starts - wiping away the momentum of the finals and having who knows how much impact on the season. Now this. He has an opt-out this year if he wants. I hope he doesn't leave because the Warriors need him if they want to have one last chance to win... maybe he opts in because nobody will be willing to give him that much for next season. We'll see.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was watching the Warrior v Kings game last night when the Green/Sabonis incident happened. Disclaimer: I don't care about either of these teams.

Sabonis was flopping like a Euro-soccer-bitch all night long. He fouled Klay trying to position himself to get the rebound and he flopped to cover that up. Then as he was falling, he got tangled in Drymond's feet and continue to flop/play the victim by grabbing Draymond's foot. Draymond knew exactly what he was doing and used the circumstance to stomp his ass.

If it were Football, I'd give both players off-setting penalties and tell them both to stop acting like fgt's.

• 1Like
  • 1Home Run

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Funny you say this because Sabonis to me is fouling Klay when the ball is up - has his arm wrapped around him - and then we he can't use that get the position he wants - he flops. He either flops, or Klay may have stepped on his foot, can't tell from that angle. Either way, its his own fault he's on the floor in the first place due to committing a foul he gets away with. And then to follow that up he intentionally grabs Green's foot.

I can usually find a way to say these Draymond episodes are overhyped. The play last year where he grabbed Brandon Clark to keep him falling to the ground as hard, and got suspended from a playoff game for it, absurd suspension. When Lebron was standing over him in 2016 and he simply swiped to move him off to be able to stand up - even more absurd that was considered a technical that led to a suspension in the finals. Nobody will ever convince me that wasn't just the NBA trying to manufacture a series and giving Lebron a gift.

All that said - I can't defend this one. If the NBA suspends him, he earned this one. It was dirty, unnecessary. Tbh, maybe a fitting way to end this season, and possibly his tenure with the Warriors. He puches Poole before the season even starts - wiping away the momentum of the finals and having who knows how much impact on the season. Now this. He has an opt-out this year if he wants. I hope he doesn't leave because the Warriors need him if they want to have one last chance to win... maybe he opts in because nobody will be willing to give him that much for next season. We'll see.

As one of LeBrons biggest defenders here, that was the only time I thought Green was over punished. He probably won’t get suspended for a far worse type of assault this time. They are trying their best to keep the Warriors in this series which is pathetic but expected from the NBA.

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
He was only suspended in 2016 because of the cumulative techs and flagrants. It was only a technical, and that was enough to trigger the suspension. I think I shouldn't have even been a technical, especially considering the circumstances.

This was worse for sure, but the suspension outcome shouldnt be compared to the 2016 suspension.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Considering the circumstances? What circumstances? The one where it's somehow the fault of Sabonis that Draymond stomped on him instead of just trying to pull his leg away and getting a crucial foul call? Or the circumstances the NBA should let players with known issues with anger and violence chimp out so they don't hurt one of their more popular and profitable team's playoffs?

The problem with the NBA is there are no longer any enforceable rules or standards, only narratives and excuses. The NBA is as rigged and fake as WWE at this point, and the action on the court feels as empty and scripted.

• 2Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Grabbed the leg in cover up. Released as soon as Green pulled. Especially in real time.
Why is he covering up from his own flop? Flops, rolls over to Draymond for no reason, grabs the leg and foot of Draymond for no reason, and doesn’t let go until Draymond forces his foot free. He keeps his left arm around the back of Draymond until Draymond loses his balance and starts to fall forward. Euro flopping little bitch. The only travesty here is Draymond didn’t break one of that pussy’s ribs.

• 1Edgelord

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

tumblr_mwqahaR91Q1rh2tw8o1_400.gif

joz123

Potato del Grande
Draymond is and always will be a hot headed bitch. He could have chose not to do the stomp but did anyway. If he wasn't in the NBA you would see him on YouTube doing stupid shit for likes.