NCAA Basketball 2013-14

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can't wait to be blown the fuck out by Duke and UVA. Maybe then they can start playing real basketball instead this dogshit they've been playing for the past month.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Be honest, this version of the team is exactly what was expected before the season started. We lost two good seniors and very good draft pick. Cooney can shoot 3s but not nearly reliably enough. In fact, nobody has been reliable. We had no idea Ennis would be this good. What does that leave, underperforming Rak and stone hands Keita. I bet you tell me 3 months ago that we lose to BC at home, I just shrug my shoulders and go meh. How this team got to 25-0, I don't understand.

If Cooney, Ennis, and Fair can start being reliable again with Grant/Keita/Rak picking up some slack when needed, they can return to being a great team.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
From the games i've seen (last few weeks), Syracuse does not look like a top 10 team right now. Obviously they still have time to get their shit together.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Be honest, this version of the team is exactly what was expected before the season started. We lost two good seniors and very good draft pick. Cooney can shoot 3s but not nearly reliably enough. In fact, nobody has been reliable. We had no idea Ennis would be this good. What does that leave, underperforming Rak and stone hands Keita. I bet you tell me 3 months ago that we lose to BC at home, I just shrug my shoulders and go meh. How this team got to 25-0, I don't understand.

If Cooney, Ennis, and Fair can start being reliable again with Grant/Keita/Rak picking up some slack when needed, they can return to being a great team.
Just because they weren't very good at the start of the season doesn't mean I'm all of the sudden going to assume they're the projected crap they were supposed to be. They've obviously shown that they can play with and beat some of the best teams in the world, there's no reason why they can't continue to do it.

Like you said the other players really just need to start pulling their weight and maybe, JUST MAYBE, they can shoot better than 40%. Defense looks great but the offense is just fucking atrocious.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The biggest bummer about all of this is that CJ Fair is going to have to play his absolute best to not make this whole year wasted.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't see anything wrong with a Senior playing his heart out in his final year. That's how you extend your career to the NBA.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm actually pretty happy that BC beat us, now we when lose to Duke it wont be so bad. Maybe their fans wont rush the court.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You got that flipped, but understandably. Growing up a sports fan in Syracuse makes you a dour person. The success of the basketball team the last 4-5 years is unprecedented and not even matched by the late 80's squads(which most current fans our age aren't really old enough to remember well anyway). So expecting disappointment is our modus operandi. Maybe we'll get used to success soon. Another national championship wouldn't hurt.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I find it interested that a lot of people shit on Wichita State because of their Strength of Schedule (currently 118) yet no one ever talked about the fact that Syracuse was cruising by undefeated with a SOS of 90, not a whole lot better.

More than anything, I'm actually shocked that a team could play 2/3 of a season through the ACC and have a SOS that low. Their non-con must have been really, really bad.

'cuse and the Shockers were the only teams in the top 10 with a SOS worse than about 40...they were REALLY low compared to everyone else.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Eh, I think it's more of a dig at Wichita's "who'd they beat" which is...?

Syracuse usually schedules easy non conference opponents, won't deny that. This year's actually had a chance to be good, but apparently everyone we played at the Maui Invitational decided to shit themselves once conference play started. Villanova was basically the only good noncon game.

SoS is only one metric. Kansas has a great SoS, but has lost 6 games so...yay?

We still got games @duke, @fsu, @maryland, and @virginia. The ACC schedule was EXTREMELY back loaded for SU. The SoS will come up eventually even if those games are losses.

Astennu

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wichita beat us and we beat the dog shit out of Virginia. Wichita is legit.
I had given up on my Wahoos after that game, but oddly enough that ended up being the most important game of the season because everything changed after that.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Louisville is just imploding in the final minutes of this game. 0/5 shooting, two missed free throws, a few turnovers. And now they're fouling Kilpatrick every Cincy possession and fouling out their players in the process. This is exactly how we beat them last time. Louisville blew a 12 point lead. Hope Cincy can hang on. I still feel bad about the loss during football season.

EDIT: Fucking Russ Smith.

Cincy and Louisville's next meeting will be Game #100. If it happens. That would be some rubber match if they face each other in the tournament.