NCAA Basketball 2013-14

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Great game, best game I've watched this year.

Side note - how shitty are those seats way in the back of the Carrier Dome that they use in order to get the attendance up to 35k? Holy shit, a sideline reporter was way back in the corner, and you almost couldn't even tell that there was a basketball court in the building the view was so bad. Why would anyone go there and sit in a seat like that? This was basically the view:
ncb_carrier_dome_300.jpg

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Probably because of the attendance record. They were probably dirt cheap and those fans will get to say they were there. They can watch the game tomorrow on ESPNU. Not a joke, it's being rebroadcast tomorrow.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Chris Littmann's post on Vine

Here's a slow motion vine of it, pretty obvious it was a legit block and a great no call.

As for the seats, they're actually super duper cheap, like 15 dollars if I remember correctly. It's awesome to just be there in the atmosphere. I've sat in them before and it's not too bad for the price.

Kw6xVqq.jpg

NkPegPi.jpg

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
They should just stick the b-ball court in the middle of the football field and then fill the entire lower bowl. Probably same amount of people, except everyone would be able to see the game(though none of the seats would be great)

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
They should just stick the b-ball court in the middle of the football field and then fill the entire lower bowl. Probably same amount of people, except everyone would be able to see the game(though none of the seats would be great)
If I'm not mistake there's some NCAA regulation against it. They do that for big NCAA tournament games but since it's considered "on campus" for regular season games they're not allowed to do it. But like I said, I might be wrong I just remember hearing it off-topic somewhere.

Plus that's not really viable for the 11 or so junk home games that are played and switching back and forth between the formats mid season would be a nightmare for season ticket holders.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Marcus Smart is a moron.

There were no racial slurs here you fucking piece of shit, stop trying to play the race card.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
He should have gone pro last year. This year's draft class is looking much better than last year's.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I... Oh my fucking god... Am... AM I ALIVE RIGHT NOW? IS THIS FUCKING REAL LIFE?

TYLER ENNIS IS A GOD.

2.gif

RCn2hwo.gif

Q7xMrNk.png

Ggrw0kE.jpg

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Really worried that this year will turn out like 2011(year Uconn won). I hate mediocre tournaments where even the top quarter of the field is such a wash that the eventual champion doesn't have real authority to said claim.

There's been talk that the new NBA commish will push for a higher age minimum. If it means better players stay in school another year to let teams mature, I'm all for it.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Wichita is really good. I would pick them or Florida if I had to right now. This Florida team is veteran and they play a really good zone.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Florida, sure, though the SEC is going to do them no favors outside of Kentucky. Wichita, idk, who have they beat?

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Don't care. We played them last year(and won) and they were incredibly tough. They went to the final four. Then we played them at Wichita this year and they seem even tougher. They have an attitude and they are extremely confident. When you watch them you can tell they have a belief in what they do and everyone knows their role.