NCAA Basketball 2013-14

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Games like these make me hate being a sports fan. And this fucking season has been chock full of them.

Phalanx

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm don't understand what it is about this program that makes it so hard for them to play with a lead against teams they're clearly superior to.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bearcats letting #1 slip away.
frown.png

We are going to be so bad next year without Kilpatrick.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Man, that Cincy/Uconn game was ugly as hell. Score was like 6-5 9 minutes into the first half, and then Cinci only had like 4 second half points about 9-10 minutes into that half.

Felt like watching Big 10 basketball

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
At least Louisville had the common decency to lose! Love it.

Today's Cincy game was uglier than usual, but every Cincy game has the same style. Fuck your team's FG%.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh golly I am scared. If we win out we win the ACC, how neat would it be to win the ACC on our first year in it.

Yup, same ole bad Syracuse that'll be eliminated in the first round of the tourney showed up today.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Someone needs to explain to me how we beat Virginia. Everytime I watch them(except that game) they look awesome. We are decidedly un-awesome against any team with a functional offense.

Astennu

Lord Nagafen Raider
Someone needs to explain to me how we beat Virginia. Everytime I watch them(except that game) they look awesome. We are decidedly un-awesome against any team with a functional offense.
During the non-conference schedule the lineup and rotation was not set, and the offense still tended to migrate toward "watch Joe Harris do something and if he's not on we get crushed". Couple that with a Tennessee team that could not miss and you got a fucking beat down. Next game at Florida State (when they were still hyped to be good) Joe gets a concussion 2 minutes into the game and the rest of the team has to suck it up and play. We blew them out without Joe and took off from there. Starting lineup was settled and the rotation was shortened up a bit. Virginia isn't flashy and haven't been getting much run, but we are really good and extremely well coached. Maybe now with beating Syracuse the recognition will come. Just wish Syracuse would have had a full, healthy team available. That game could have been a classic.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fuck yeah, Cincy. AAC champs (co-champs, whatever). Didn't see that coming four months ago. Or see the AAC being a stong, competitive conference. The AAC tourney is going to be a good one.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Fuck yeah, Cincy. AAC champs (co-champs, whatever). Didn't see that coming four months ago. Or see the AAC being a stong, competitive conference. The AAC tourney is going to be a good one.
No kidding, going to a good one! Louisville is super scary right now! King Harrell and Russdiculous have been unstoppable lately.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I've joined the Wichita State Shockers bandwagon for the next few weeks.

SHOCKERS!

marrior_sl

shitlord
Me too.

Being a Kentucky fan is super painful this year. Especially since every game seems to be on ESPN and they suck every night, even in games they win.

Wichita St. vs Florida final.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Being a Kentucky fan is super painful this year. Especially since every game seems to be on ESPN and they suck every night, even in games they win.
I'm sorry, but UK did it to themselves... Incredible talent, but absolutely no direction. That is all on their coach (if you can call him that).

*Note: Yes, I dislike UK as I'm a Louisville fan and Alumn. However, I still will be realistic when it comes down to it.

I do not see Wichita going to the Big Game. Despite their record, I do not see a National Championship caliber team, which seems most sports authorities agree with. Florida on the other hand is mighty scary!

marrior_sl

shitlord
I used to despise UL but now I root for them when UK is out of it or basically when they're not head to head. Always always always root against Duke though.

It's obvious now that Cal has to have an elite PG to make his offense go. He hasn't had that in a few years now and he can't coach up the surrounding talent to make up for it.

That being said, if the whole team played as hard as Randall does every night, they'd be dominant. They just have 0 effort.