NCAA Basketball 2013-14

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Virginia basketball puts me to sleep, NCAA really needs to cut the shot clock
I agree, should be 30 at the most. I thought it was idiotic that the NCAA solution at the beginning of the season to create more offense was to call more fouls instead of shortening the shot clock

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It's very apparent from the conference tournaments that there is no dominant team this year. Florida looked like shit and only won because Kentucky shit the bed, Michigan got thrown around, Arizona got dropped by a mediocre UCLA, and Wichita state played no one of note.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Close one with KY but that is to be expected. Let's go Gators.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
lol @ Louisville getting a 4 seed. How was that justified? All 5 losses were to teams that are at least decent.

This is looking like a repeat of 2011(mediocre year with Uconn vs Butler in the finals). So, in that vein...congrats UCLA on your championship win over...idk...VCU?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
lol @ Louisville getting a 4 seed. How was that justified? All 5 losses were to teams that are at least decent.

This is looking like a repeat of 2011(mediocre year with Uconn vs Butler in the finals). So, in that vein...congrats UCLA on your championship win over...idk...VCU?
5 losses with a 71 SOS? Sounds about right to me, though I would have thought they would have been a 3 seed

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
5 losses with a 71 SOS? Sounds about right to me, though I would have thought they would have been a 3 seed
Eh, would have seeded them a 3, maybe 2. They did win their conference tourney.

Careful leadaas, that's a good way to lose your opening round game.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Eh, would have seeded them a 3, maybe 2. They did win their conference tourney.

Careful leadaas, that's a good way to lose your opening round game.
If they were a 2 seed, who would you have bumped from 2 to 3 and from 3 to 4?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
kansas didn't deserve a 2. Sure they had the toughest SOS, but you also have to win most of those games to get a 1/2 seed. 9 friggin losses and a 2 seed? More losses than any of the other 11 1-4 seeds, and more losses than all but 1 of the 5 seeds.

I probably would have swapped kansas and Louisvile's seeds. Give Louisville the 2 and kansas the 4

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Their SOS isn't just #1, it is so far above #2 it's ridiculous. The difference in SOS between Kansas and #2 SOS is the same as between #2 and #46.

It really depends on how much you value SOS. They could have scheduled 3 easier games and have 6 losses and still have the #1 SOS

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I am blown away by Louisville's seeding. I am also amazed that SMU got no respect that they deserve, but the likes of NC State gets a chance? Two teams in the last 30+ years (since seeding began) have been ranked in the Top 5 and gotten worse than a 3 seed: U of L in 2005 and 2014.

Greg Gumbel revealed the seeding. ?In my 11 years being on the selection show, this is the most surprised I?ve been. We thought they might be a one, they end up a four.?

?To suggest that Louisville isn?t one of the top 12 teams in the country just boggles the mind. I just don?t understand that. They absolutely are.? - Jay Bilas

3 of the 4 (Jay Williams, Bilas, Dick) all have Louisville vs. MSU for the Championship game. They all picked MSU and I can definitely see that, they were a freak of nature in their last game.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I am blown away by Louisville's seeding. I am also amazed that SMU got no respect that they deserve, but the likes of NC State gets a chance? Two teams in the last 30+ years (since seeding began) have been ranked in the Top 5 and gotten worse than a 3 seed: U of L in 2005 and 2014.

Greg Gumbel revealed the seeding. "In my 11 years being on the selection show, this is the most surprised I've been. We thought they might be a one, they end up a four."

"To suggest that Louisville isn't one of the top 12 teams in the country just boggles the mind. I just don't understand that. They absolutely are." - Jay Bilas

3 of the 4 (Jay Williams, Bilas, Dick) all have Louisville vs. MSU for the Championship game. They all picked MSU and I can definitely see that, they were a freak of nature in their last game.
I agree that SU doesn't pass the eye test, but they have the same number of losses and a tougher SOS. I could see SU and louisville swapping places just due to tournament performance.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Interesting things to think about...

The final AP poll comes out tomorrow.

- No top-3 team in the final AP poll has ever received worse than a 2-seed. 96 teams ranked in the final AP top-3 have received a 1-seed. 9 have received a 2-seed.
- No team to appear in both the preseason and final AP top 3 has ever failed to get a 1-seed.

The only team to be ranked in the final AP top 4 and fail to receive a 2 seed or higher was the 2005 Louisville Cardinals. The other 141 teams in the top 4 all received 1 and 2 seeds.