Neo's Land

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Neo's Land, a high-fantasy MMORPG, is expected to launch in 2014 and is being developed with NeoJac's proprietary server engine, Atavism Online, and is also integrated with the Unity 3D engine. The game will provide players with server world and building tools that that also include a Voxel editor and crowd sourced assets via the Unity Store, allowing players to create their own online world content and storyline. Player created assets can be sold on the Unity Store, allowing players to gain both in-game and real-world currency for their work, a move somewhat akin to SOE's EverQuest Next and Player Studio.

http://www.neosland.com/

Heavily Eve/UO influenced subscription-based sandbox MMO with a simulated economy, open world PvP, non-instanced player buildings, and extensive crafting, skill-based progression system in a fully destructible voxel-based world and player cities with Oculus support. Playable this December.

Great summary article.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/09/09/ne...mmo-interview/

Kickstarter page.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-new-beginning

Markee's YouTube channel which has like 50 hour long Google+ roundtable discussions and other Neo's Land related videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/markeedragon/videos

Its like EQN without Disney or DOTA.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Nah, I just saw some new(ish) video they released a while ago showcasing the Heroic Movements and it was a garbled mess of parkor and it really turned me off to the point of not being interested anymore.

So I went looking for something sandboxy to play in the meantime, and looked into Mortal Online, Greed Monger etc and discovered this.

Bzalthek_sl

shitlord
The mining reminds me of a faster, prettier version of Wurm Online. Did they mention when they project to be completed? I didn't see a mention in the KS page.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
generic Unity avatar creation video for Neo's Land.

Playlist of all of the Markee vids.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Holy fuck, some dorks be all up in the videos for this game. Whats Itzena's word? Grognards?

Edit: hahahahaha @ definition

Noun[edit]
grognard (plural grognards)
An old soldier.
(games, slang) Someone who enjoys playing board wargames, particularly the counter-heavy strategy board wargames from the 1970s and 1980s.
(games, slang)Someone who enjoys playing previous editions of roleplaying games when new editions of the game are available. [quotations ?]
(Can we verify(+) this sense?) (computer games, slang) Inside the computer game development industry,a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game(RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.).

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Holy fuck, some dorks be all up in the videos for this game. Whats Itzena's word? Grognards?

Edit: hahahahaha @ definition

Noun[edit]
grognard (plural grognards)
An old soldier.
(games, slang) Someone who enjoys playing board wargames, particularly the counter-heavy strategy board wargames from the 1970s and 1980s.
(games, slang)Someone who enjoys playing previous editions of roleplaying games when new editions of the game are available. [quotations ?]
(Can we verify(+) this sense?) (computer games, slang) Inside the computer game development industry,a game fan who will buy every game released in a certain genre of computer game(RTS, or computer role-playing game, etc.).
dat "MMORPG" vanity plate.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Regardless, when the devs are talking about player housing in terms of

1) "Sitting on the porch you built with your friends and yelling insults at people passing by while you all get drunk irl and in game, while hoping to pick a fight and pwn a noob in pvp"

or

2) "breaking into peoples housing and beating their ass in all out combat. or beating someones ass who tries to break into your house.."

I'm intrigued.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Flex dont tease me , that last post of yours has me daring to hope this might be a non Disney like mmo with actually dangerous PVP in the open world.

Hold me.

Chesire_sl

shitlord
When I see games like this . I think barely employed poopsockers looking for extra hours. An extra shift of slinging warmed up dog food at inbred mutants too buy super bestest friends power up pack addons to pwn dem noobz compton style.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
You must be pretty proud of that line to have used it on multiple forums
wink.png

rrr_img_43933.png