Neo's Land

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Simplicity is a lot more difficult to master than the alternative.

League of Legends is one of the most successful games online, yet the graphics are simplistic. Simplistic does not mean ugly...
Unless you're agreeing with me I don't get what point you're trying to make. I never said simplistic is ugly. I said games are a visual medium and if you're tech limited, work within those boundaries to create a game pleasant on the eyes.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
EQNext doesnt have bad art at all, it just has a different style that a lot ofneckbeardspeople don't think fits with EQ.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Unless you're agreeing with me I don't get what point you're trying to make. I never said simplistic is ugly. I said games are a visual medium and if you're tech limited, work within those boundaries to create a game pleasant on the eyes.
I was just building off of your statement
smile.png

Gecko_sl

shitlord
There is/are no 'bad graphics', there is only bad art.
For me I like nice eye candy that pushes my graphics processor. It's more about the advanced shinies versus 'art' to me.

Give me games that look fresh, and not stuff that built for PCs from 2004.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
For me I like nice eye candy that pushes my graphics processor. It's more about the advanced shinies versus 'art' to me.

Give me games that look fresh, and not stuff that built for PCs from 2004.
Of course, I love specular lighting with shaders and bumpmapping as much as the next guy. But consistent good art is much better than some shiney thrown on to some ugly models.
Consistency will help to not disrupt immersion.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I honestly give not a single fuck about graphics.

Some of the best times spent in an MMO for me was in early UO and The Realm online, both 2d, both pixelated as fuck.

I just hope NL can be the true sandbox it claims to be.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
They said fuck the kickstarter, and offered the option to switch ones' pledge to paypal. Heres the aformentioned building tool thing.

One thing I can say is these motherfuckers listen to feedback and produce results in like a week or two.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
They released the Voxel/Housing Tool for people to use/play with. There's a demo version on the website itself or you can download it. Was kind of fun but it's quite rudimentary, as expected I guess. Kept crashing on me as well. Still excited for this game just trying to temper my expectations.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I was looking through their dev tools and decided to take a quick peak at the media section for Neo's LandT. Their art direction really... isn't that bad. Even the animations looked better than most SOE products. By no means are we looking at next-gen graphics, but I don't think I would find the graphics a distraction with visuals like this cave: