NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The former is a long time bug. Weirdly never seen it addressed really, seems like the sort of thing I'd have brought up by now.

No idea on the latter.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
had a level 32 requirement crown drop off of a level 1 Scruffy in Qeynos Hills lol
smile.png

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
And just because it seems he likes to clean up the small bugs, an npc's graphic likes to hang around if it dies while feared. And some mobs like to change graphics as they are entering the fight. I noticed this first on the named sand giant in Oasis, he started as an Orc then changed graphic mid jump.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It happens the first time you see a monster in a session or after a while of not seeing it. The art will default to something already on screen for a couple seconds but stretched out/down to the size of the monster it really is.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
The helm thing... yes they drop way too early. I should fix this, lol. Been blowing it off for about a year. I could fix this by just making unique helms drop at later levels. The unique drop table for helmets was the first one I did, so naturally it was the worst designed.

Re: ghost mobs killing your chain combos, no that should never happen. It was a bug that happened a lot back in the day, but I thought I 99.9% fixed it. Apparently not. Maybe it depends on the zone you're in, too, as you said. I'll check it out in permafrost 1. I'll check that graphical error, too.

Bonus note: Expect the new 0-7-1 patch today or tomorrow. Huge new update... you'll just have to see it. Some fun notes:
- All of your buttons appear on one 8x3 panel now.
- Since your buttons appear on one panel now, this means wizards can start the fight with meteor. Bards can buff themselves with a full song stack outside of combat. You can re-cast your pet or your buffs at any time. Cast lay hands out of combat for no reason at all! Tons of other gameplay possibilities.
- Your combat buttons are now swappable, not sortable, meaning they swap 1 for 1, not causing a whole cascading impact on the rest of your buttons.
- A new option lets you auto-hide the menu at the top right so it's not visible all the time. Hovering causes it to reappear.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
And just because it seems he likes to clean up the small bugs, an npc's graphic likes to hang around if it dies while feared. And some mobs like to change graphics as they are entering the fight. I noticed this first on the named sand giant in Oasis, he started as an Orc then changed graphic mid jump.
Thanks for bringing this up. Getting fixed in 0-7-1.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Re: ghost mobs killing your chain combos, no that should never happen. It was a bug that happened a lot back in the day, but I thought I 99.9% fixed it. Apparently not. Maybe it depends on the zone you're in, too, as you said. I'll check it out in permafrost 1.
I recall getting it some in Crushbone 1 and uhhh...Splitpaw 1 I think. The lower level gnoll dungeon.

ili_sl

shitlord
Getting stuck at Loading..... Please Waiting today. Warrior is pretty crazy once you get the +5 auto attacks. The +5 auto attacks is a game changer for sure.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I assume the getting stuck at loading is your first time loading the new patch
-
ps: never been to permafrost but the ghosting next pull bug happens frequently across all newbie zones

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
edit: yeah; mine's locked too. My music changed when I posted earlier. Should have checked the tab to see for certain

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Fantastic game, been playing it for the past week or so during work and finally caught up with this whole thread too.

Regarding your newest patch with the full button panel...still a few bugs I think. I sorted them all the way I wanted them before going into combat, and as soon as I did, it removed all of the spaces I had purposely put in to keep things separate, and scrunched them all together. For example, if I had a space at the end (right) of the first line, the icon I had at the far left of the second line moved up to it, and all of the second line moved over one.

Furthermore, in the middle of combat I resorted them, thinking perhaps it just wasn't keeping the same setup in and out of combat...and in the middle of combat several of my icons moved yet again. Not all of them, but a bunch of them. I'm assuming that isn't how you intended it to be, since it isn't really fully customizable if we have to keep them all in one continuous line.

Again, really loving the game, it brings back a ton of memories without having to actually play EQ again. I'm playing an SK because that's what I know and love, and I saw a few comments that it could stand to be beefed up a bit, which I sort of agree with, but good enough for now.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Warrior is pretty crazy once you get the +5 auto attacks. The +5 auto attacks is a game changer for sure.
What's it actually do, mechanically?

edit: SK pet not showing up.

Also now that Silence works right it's fucking obnoxious. Having 50% of my combat spells, even with their short cast times, get interrupted and locked down for a few seconds it horrible. I'd hate to be playing a caster class that doesn't have some kind of interrupt block talent.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
It's basically like a frenzy barbarian in Diablo 2. Every primary-hand auto attack gets an extra 5 swings. This does not apply to successful double attacks from your primary hand. Many classes have this mechanic... bard, "melee" enchanter, shaman, ranger, even "battle" cleric.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Regarding your newest patch with the full button panel...still a few bugs I think. I sorted them all the way I wanted them before going into combat, and as soon as I did, it removed all of the spaces I had purposely put in to keep things separate, and scrunched them all together. For example, if I had a space at the end (right) of the first line, the icon I had at the far left of the second line moved up to it, and all of the second line moved over one.
Wow, this is weird. I have not observed this at all. Browser, level, class?