NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have not felt the shame I just felt pressing the arrow keys for over 2 minutes and getting pissed I couldn't move since my early days of EQ.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Hahaha! You're not the first person to think that it was a 3d environment. Maybe I should pop up some kind of message.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have not felt the shame I just felt pressing the arrow keys for over 2 minutes and getting pissed I couldn't move since my early days of EQ.
I did the same thing!

Also, Maelfyn could you make it so the hp window and target window are moveable? Sometimes I play on a 1366x768 (or whatever it is) laptop and have to scroll up and down to see everything that's going on. I tried moving my chat windows and skill bars up a bit to compensate, but then I can't see the mobs entirely and I still have to scroll when I want to change zones or use a merchant.

Farim_sl

shitlord
I did the same thing!

Also, Maelfyn could you make it so the hp window and target window are moveable? Sometimes I play on a 1366x768 (or whatever it is) laptop and have to scroll up and down to see everything that's going on. I tried moving my chat windows and skill bars up a bit to compensate, but then I can't see the mobs entirely and I still have to scroll when I want to change zones or use a merchant.
I will second this; I play on a laptop as well and unless I'm missing a setting, I have to move my skill bar, chat box, etc up each time I play.

Otherwise, incredibly fun, very impressed, Maelfyn. Keep up the good work!

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Not a bad idea. I can make them draggable just like the rest of the windows. Tricky part is repositioning the buffs. I might have to redesign that a bit so they all share the same parent and buffs appear underneath instead of to the right.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It goes a long way toward making the game more fun. I only wish I had more free time!

so i started playin this today and got a shaman to 20 but im confused the shaman vid shows shaman skills like canni and dots.. but im not gettin any of those? was there a design change. or do they just come later?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
he hadn't implemented server-side storage/accounts yet.... currently all your character data is stored purely in your browser's cache. so if you're playing, keep that in mind. i already accidentally wiped my characters a month or two ago while clearing out my browser data.

accounts should be implemented soon, though.
posted earlier

Maelfyn what i was wondering about the skills wasnt so much when we get them because im getting skills now but it seems like they are stock skills i waas more interested in the shaman specific ones like talisman of altuna plauge and canni.. are those still in? and SOW

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
All of the skills for each class are shown on the character select screen. The leaderboard updates instantly. Character name?

( ya nevermind ima complete moron.. i thought i leveled a barb sham to 20 and infact im somehow a barb war with a shield... so goahead call me a moron i deserve it

still a very fun game man im enjoying it alot! great work man seriously

Q. not sure if this has been asked and answered but are you planning to add Kunark and Velious? anytime in the near future?

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Cool, glad you figured it out! I have enough bugs on my hands
tongue.png
I might add some kunark and velious content, but that's a long ways away. I want to spend time polishing the content that's already in place, add accounts, add items to hell difficulty, etc.

one thing im noticing is im not seeing stats change on weapons when ya upgrade themi upgraded one weapon 4 times and stats were un changed

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
There should be a message in the tooltip that says +4% Physical damage, something like that. It doesn't change the weapon's base damage.

Grundge_sl

shitlord
Just checked this game out, what a great idea man!

Gave it a spin and had fun. good work man, cant wait to see where you go with this.