NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Great Ogre Dictator

Golden Knight of the Realm
Up to 37 on my little troll sk. It's pretty fun, but some classes seem like a lot more work than others (specifically bards). I am hoping that the caster classes get better with +cast speed gear, because right now they do seem a bit boring compared to the melee and hybrid classes.

Anyways, here are some numbers I've put together for itemization:

4 Resist = 1% Spell Damage Reduction.i.e.100 resist is 25% DR; max of 300 (75% DR).
1 Defense Skill = 3.5 Armor Class
1 Weapon Skill = 2 Attack
1 Strength Attribute = 1 Attack
1 Offense Skill = 2 Attack

If anyone can help confirm these, I would appreciate it.

Valos

You can clickhold and drag around. At least I was able to move my pet summon spell on the precombat bars.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Addicting. lvl 52 monk. Any way to load characters on different computers? Can I play from work I guess is my question.

Itemization at at higher lvls is kinda meh or i just have bad luck. Been getting way too much caster uniques and Vox is so damn rough , had her to 1 bar and i was at 2 was whittling me down and my fear had just come off cooldown(SK btw) and she blasted me for 296 , now i cant even drop her 1 bar she just chain casts her nuke and demolishes me. Although im only lvl 48 , but i almost had her was thrilling hehe. Very fun game , thoroughly enjoying it.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Same thing happened to me. Had her at about 30% life the first try, since then she just chain cast wrecks me. Can't interrupt cause they're 90% instant casts.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Same thing happened to me. Had her at about 30% life the first try, since then she just chain cast wrecks me. Can't interrupt cause they're 90% instant casts.
Shouldn't be. Bosses have 1/2 second cast time with a few exceptions (Vox's heal). Any spell can be interrupted, but it might require some anticipation.

Great Ogre Dictator

its a single player game, no need to make all the classes equally balanced
I wasn't talking about balance, I was talking about the actual act of song twisting. It actually feels likework, and isn't fun or relaxing like any of the other classes. It is too much like EQ's bard, only complicated further by the fact that you are tanking, and thus you are constantly being interrupted by stuns.

So Maelfyn, any way you could have selos reduce stun chance? Or maybe just allow ogres to be bards? I think I can live with that.
smile.png

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
I beat Vox at 55 with a paladin, was a tough fight for sure. I was using ghoulbane/steelclash and had my cold resist around 200. I'd suggest having your resists as high as possible as the boss spell casting is usually what gets me the most.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Bosses might be a bit tough, but this is balanced assuming that talents are already in the game, which they're not. So hopefully when talents go in, bosses on nightmare will be a bit more reasonable at level 50 for all classes.

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do you mean bosses on normal? Or are we going to be doing bosses in nightmare mode at lvl 50 with talents?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Killed all but CT/Inny for now. I can take them on pretty well until they decide to barrage the fuck out of me. CT does... flurry or enrage one of those, and Inny just cast fucks me. I was half tempted to spend a few hours refreshing in lguk until I got raster, but didn't want to look stupid if he wasn't in game.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there supposed to be some sort of penalty for wearing plate armor on a class that isn't supposed to wear it (ranger for example)?