NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Woo, lets hope it stays that way
smile.png

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
I haven't played any class except Bard, but I just got Anthem de Arms. Wow it seems OP. With a charmed elite mob pet and that going I steamroll everything. It's awesome!

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
When the campaign finishes early Friday morning (at about 2:30 EST), Kickstarter will give me access to all backers' email addresses. I just have to add those to a white list. Once that is done all backers that pledged $20 or more will be able to create an account and login. At that time I will also wipe all test account data except for account data. I plan to have that finished early Friday morning. Upon login you will automatically receive the correct crystal amount and, if applicable, items. However the legendary items will not be immediately available. Those will be provided after each Legend tier+ backer provides feedback about what class they want the item designed for. After all it wouldn't make sense to give a legendary staff to someone that wants to play a Ranger.

Backers that pledged less than $20 will have to wait until Monday along with the rest of the world. They will receive their items & crystals automatically as well. The items will be found in the bank.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Cool deal Mael.

What's your stance on leaderboard differentiation based on Char name race class and level?

Right now if I delete my dead HC character I can't remake it with the same name. Makes me want to play less as name is everything to me.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
If I solve that problem it creates other problems. Like how would you chat with each other? Unique names in EQ made it easy to chat with others. Every game I've seen without unique names had shitty social environments.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Chat based on account name?

Let players delete a character name and remove it from the server all together? Leaderboard and all.

as it stands now I'm just going to make Vitality1 Vitality2 Vitality3 and so on every time my hardcore character dies.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
One idea is to have an account name... then you could message something like /w *maelfyn hey dude. That's something that could be added later if people really demanded it.

Vitality

HUSTLE
The point I'm trying to get across here is that Hardcore players are forced into making new names each time their character dies. Which is going to be a lot.

I'm totally fine with a character deletion removing all previous character data from the server and leaderboard standings and all if we don't want to reference a unique character id for leaderboard functionality.

I've never seen a game lock a name after deletion.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I could make deletes completely permanent, but then recovering data in cases of accidents/malicious deletes becomes problematic. Maybe I could make that optional at some point, too. Like a nuclear delete button lol.

Vitality

HUSTLE
So I guess the toss up here is weighing the CSR work needed to explain to the player base that once the character name is used that's it. No more recovering that name.

Or..

Having to do deletion restores. *perhaps the deletion gets saved in a backup file with a unique serial key time stamped etc.

I don't really have that much insight as to how you're setting up character permanence. It looks to be based off the actual Character name itself when instead I'd probably assign a serial key upon creation as a reference point.

Name is everything in leaderboard games, hell you could even reference the persons account name instead of character name on the boards.

Account name would probably work better now that I think about it. Could opt to hide account name on the leaderboards too.

Something like:

@Vitality: Vitality 31 Dwarf Paladin (Account:Vitality:Characterslot1)
@Vitality: Vitality 19 Troll Shadowknight (Account:Vitality:Characterslot2)
@Vitality: Dexterity 17 human bard (Account:Vitality:Characterslot3)

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just really don't want to have to make a new name after a character gets deleted.
I wholeheartedly agree with Vitality's stance on this. Sorry, I wish we gave more feedback on this earlier and not days before KS finish.

Name recognition is everything in these games. randomdude#2618 gets pretty old.

Account name on the boards / assigned to chat sounds like a better idea vs individual class char names.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I have posts on this a few weeks back man. It was a recent change in an attempt to fix character progress duping.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I'll see what I can do before launch. I might be able to enable a nuclear delete along with allowing only one living character with that name. Not perfect, but it'd be better than the current design.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
so close to hitting the first stretch goal. new tier added for the final push, and prices lowered on a lot of the higher tiers.

first stretch goal_sl said:
$5,000:

I will add a Hall of Champions to Nevergrind. The Hall of Champions will be a separate webpage where you will be able to show off your gear and accomplishments to your friends using a simple search feature.
the final push_sl said:
I'm determined to hit our first stretch goal, so here's a special reward tier which will only be available for the final 20 hours of the campaign:

Legendary weapon and armor for $135

Your weapon and armor will be uniquely designed for a class of your choosing. Also note that you will receive two of each: one for normal mode and one for hardcore mode. This is a special promotion only, so offers of this kind will not appear in the game at a later time. Note that all tiers above $135 will also receive both legendary items!

Spoiler alert ahead! Here's a peek at the first legendary item ever created in Nevergrind:

zxsnds.png

Falzitherin's Claw

Price Drop

And because that wasn't enough, I also dropped prices on several high-end tiers, so check out those prices and see if the price is right for you! Twenty hours to go! Let's do this!
$286 dollars to go for that first stretch goal, 10 hours left.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Well, we did it. 5K+... sick ! I'm also sitting here at the 11th hour coding in some account names before this goes live. Hopefully everything doesn't break as a result. lol! This way we can use account names in future features... like if chat gets implemented.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, I have logged in with my kickstarter email address. I see two trinkets, but no other rewards ( No Banker Trinket or Merchant Pouch).

I am backed at Legendary, btw.