NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Vitality

HUSTLE
Tried this out last night, got to level 14 in Hardcore until I got ambushed on a a 27chain and lost my character.

Seems fun. I was hoping my guy would hit the leaderboard. Major hook for me.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
The leaderboard for local play was removed. Right now it's just the Test Season data. It'll be changed to "Season 1" leaderboard on April 20th when the server accounts launch.

Vitality

HUSTLE
The leaderboard for local play was removed. Right now it's just the Test Season data. It'll be changed to "Season 1" leaderboard on April 20th when the server accounts launch.
Sweet, You'll see me at season 1 then, hardcore of course.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Hardcore mode always increases the stakes. Maybe I should do a let's play of my own game on hardcore.
I had no idea there was an ambush mechanic later on in the game and Ripped to that. Also wasn't able to run away at all.

Noob mistake I guess.

Also Troll SK is extremely OP compared to the other classes I played.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
In nightmare you can be double ambushed and in hell you can be tripled ambushed (3 mobs). Halflings are better at running than any other race (passive racial bonus). And finding 40% run speed boots wouldn't be a bad idea.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Also Troll SK is extremely OP compared to the other classes I played.
dark elf SK is even more OP
wink.png

Vitality

HUSTLE
I initially went cleric and got slam jammed by the first gnoll cave. Pretty weak. Heal took my whole mana bar and only returned like 10% hp lol.

Troll race regens as much as the cleric starter heal passively.

I think I'm going to find the weakest class and hipster it to the top of the HC leaderboards. Cleric is #1 on the list right now out of the classes I've played.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Some classes just blossom later than others. Well, some blossom less than others, as well. It's not a perfectly balanced game, but it offers a lot of choices.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I'm launching the Kickstarter on March 18th. Each week I will do a let's play. Each video will show me playing through each act. I'm not sure which class I'll use. I'm thinking wizard.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm totally going to play this game while I'm afk cleric-ing on Red. This game my new Gems.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Am I just dumb or is there a way to change screen size? I'd like to have this like 800x whatever so I can tab around.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Unfortunately it's mega huge 1280x768. At one point I did make it auto scale downward based on window size, but it was a solution with some quirks. At some point I may re-scale this game for something like 1024x690. I didn't anticipate so many people disliking the size. But if I do that there'll probably be a lot that don't like it that small. I'll have to design it to be easily scalable, but it's not that easy right now.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I could offer a quick fix for it, but it's not a perfect solution. Maybe I should add this in the options:

Try entering this into the console (F12 in most browsers):

(function(){
function shrinkage(){
var w1 = 1280;
var w2 = window.innerWidth;
if(w2<1280){
w1 = w2;
}
return w1/1280;
}
TweenMax.set('html', {
transformOrigin: '0 0',
scale: shrinkage()
});
})();

Vitality

HUSTLE
Unfortunately it's mega huge 1280x768. At one point I did make it auto scale downward based on window size, but it was a solution with some quirks. At some point I may re-scale this game for something like 1024x690. I didn't anticipate so many people disliking the size. But if I do that there'll probably be a lot that don't like it that small. I'll have to design it to be easily scalable, but it's not that easy right now.
It's just awkward for screen organization because It doesn't scale and it isn't a standard default size for most applications and screens.

A couple options for it would go a long way for me to A.) Be able to have it up with EQ window on the same screen B.) be able to have it as a quarter of my 32 inch screen so I'm able to have multi windows up of other things and still see what's going on.

Makes it tough to play it at work under the radar also.

Options are key here, forced screen size will make people unhappy more than like small med large toggles would for instance.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still think dark elf ranger is the most powerful combo, at least at level 98/99 with max gear. Anyone else think otherwise? I might try something else out. I played a warrior up and gave him my ranger's gear but he didn't do nearly the DPS that ranger does. Ranger hits around 8k-9k DPS and can survive well enough although I would never play him in hardcore mode haha

Edit: welp until the redirect made me lose him! Wish I could've screenshot some of his gear before the wipe, oh well. My ranger maxed out around 55% attack haste 55% skill haste 60% crit and 150-160ish crit damage, was a beast with Blade of War!