NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The level requirement thing has come up a few times. Here's a compromise I'll offer:

I will lower the level requirement on the item, but it will "count" against the item's overall strength. Basically it will count as a passive property to have a lowered requirement. Kind of like the Reduced Weight property. If you want reduced level requirement, I will count this against the overall design of your item.

A reduced level requirement would bring it down to about level 50. I could bring it down to half at level 38, but this will count even more against the item's power.
Yea, I absolutely do NOT want nuked stats on my item.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for moving fast on this Mael, mad street cred goes to you.

Playing at work is weird, just dropped my chain at 215 because co worker asked me a question, need to learn how to use the pause feature better.
You can either hit the Escape key or tab to another browser tab (in the same window).

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah I know, I haven't been playing with pause is what I'm saying. Need to start if I'm going to do this at work.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for moving fast on this Mael, mad street cred goes to you.

Playing at work is weird, just dropped my chain at 215 because co worker asked me a question, need to learn how to use the pause feature better.
Isn't the pause feature just to minimize the window?

Edit: Oops, answered already, the ESC key as well apparently. Cool.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Back in the past the game actually used to automatically pause when you alt-tabbed or minimized the window. Pharmakos made me remove it. It's his fault.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Curious if the Ranger spells "Thistlecoat" and "Shield of Brambles" are tuned correctly?

I am currently level 28 and Thistlecoat is only 1 damage shield, and Brambles is 2 damage shield. (Per the mouseover tooltip description)

Doesn't seem like very much at all.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Mael what's your status on clicky items? Like Manastone or Jaundice bone bracers?

What about an item that has a .01% chance to give a diamond on kill?

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Curious if the Ranger spells "Thistlecoat" and "Shield of Brambles" are tuned correctly?

I am currently level 28 and Thistlecoat is only 1 damage shield, and Brambles is 2 damage shield. (Per the mouseover tooltip description)

Doesn't seem like very much at all.
Spell power depends on your abjuration level. Are those maxed?

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Mael what's your status on clicky items? Like Manastone or Jaundice bone bracers?

What about an item that has a .01% chance to give a diamond on kill?
I haven't implemented any clicky items yet. That's certainly possible, though. That'd be fun...

Are you talking about chance to get a never crystal on kill? Or something else?

Vitality

HUSTLE
alright cool. I need to rethink my item after reading your email.

Yeah a unique mod where It gives the player a chance to earn a never crystal after some kind of event. .01 chance on kill or like 1 percent chance for every 100 chain after chain completion.

Just a thought. having a lot of fun dreaming up an item.

Vitality

HUSTLE
@jyson. Abjuration scales the DS on buffs. Same with all spells and their skill levels.

Makes +skill gear pretty good later on

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I considered rewarding "virgin" boss kills with 10 crystals. I don't think I'll do stuff like that until I have more monetization options, though.

Vitality

HUSTLE
yeah we'll see what's up with the diamonds thing.

You'll probably get a lot of cash from me if instead of name locking you put in a "Reroll" button to reroll my dead HC name into a new char.

Or sell stuff like global chat horns (lets you send global chat messages) etc.

Fuck even letting me set an icon or change my leaderboard line border to gold or something is worth crystals.

Setting up guilds etc can be monetized. (Guild stash space mostly)

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Those are pretty good ideas. I love the idea of a guild bank. I was considering adding a "nuclear option" delete.. that's still on the table. Basically if you created a character and it checked and found that the character was deleted, it would allow you to delete it if it's the same account for a small fee. Something like that.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Take a look at Path of Exile and how they setup the MTX cash shop. They sell stuff like character borders and guild convenience ammenities. Two types of stash tabs (standard ones and color and name customizable stash tabs)

Might be able to MTX odd race/class combos too (gnome paladin for example) but that's kind of teetering on p2w or whatever.

Later on if you decide to do any guild dungeon stuff (beat waves) or any crafting/guild housing style content the guild bank will be a good MTX revenue source.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Back in the past the game actually used to automatically pause when you alt-tabbed or minimized the window. Pharmakos made me remove it. It's his fault.
couldn't even alt tab over to an instant message while i was grinding, it had to go. =p

also couldn't alt tab out for the moment it takes to out of combat regen

i'm a serious multitasker, i even alt tab out while casting pets and other long cast time spells. =p

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, did you say you were going to individually email people for their Legendary Item suggestions? Because when you originally asked, you only asked what class we wanted an item for, so that was all I replied. Unfortunately, it does not seem to let me access that question again for feedback.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Since Kickstarter won't let you change survey answers, I guess we'll have to resort to PMs/posts. Feel free to post here or PM and I'll take care of the rest. I'll show you all the legendary items before I put them in your bank to be sure there are no problems.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Oh okay nice, what kind of deadline do we have for the item creation? Don't do any work on mine I'll post full details here in a bit.

Can you let me know what the max ratio for 2hb you'll be able to give me would be? and how many modifiers you're going to allow per item?