NeverGrind: EQ inspired, browser-based single player RPG

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
I'm getting an error about 10 seconds after I kill something that drops loot. Stating "Syntax error. Unrecognized expression. You found a magic item: XXX." The loot still appears in my bag. And this happens in multiple zones, quest or not related. I have closed and reopened my browser. Using Firefox.

koljec_sl

shitlord
Also getting the syntax message.

Thank you for this awesome browser game, can't wait for accounts, and early-congrats on achieving 1.0!

I read some of the post 1.0 plans, like in game messaging and maybe multiplyer. Is this a hobby, or is it a model for a larger project?

I think you have something pretty awesome here.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone know what to do about the pet bug? Just started a magician and the pet just stops attacking randomly. pressing the pet attack key, recasting a pet have no affect. The only thing that fixes this is logging out then back in on that character.

Any ideas? It seems to be linked to fear or some kind of crowd control on the pet.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Anyone know what to do about the pet bug? Just started a magician and the pet just stops attacking randomly. pressing the pet attack key, recasting a pet have no affect. The only thing that fixes this is logging out then back in on that character.

Any ideas? It seems to be linked to fear or some kind of crowd control on the pet.
Thanks for finding this bug. I just hotfixed it. Refresh and you won't have this problem anymore.

Hootie

Hey guys started a magician, they are fun but i have a question. Am i missing something in the talent tree, because there is no way to heal in combat. The pet is great and i figured out how to summon a pet 5-10 levels higher then me. I used the practice dummy to figure out which talents to put points into, the damage rocks. The only thing i don't get is the healing, i cant get my chains very far because a magician is squishy and i can't heal.. I must be missing something, i have played SK,Druid and Shaman a little so far and Magician class is very hard to keep alive. Any suggestions?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
p.s. Grimm, you're insane
What, because of that gif? There was a bug where crits were getting double calculated or something=P Posting that gif got me nerfed!

Haven't really played much since before he balanced Rangers. Just pop in once in awhile to check out the latest changes. Got a bank full of elite twink gear and no patience to level up anyone enough to use it=P

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
Hey guys started a magician, they are fun but i have a question. Am i missing something in the talent tree, because there is no way to heal in combat. The pet is great and i figured out how to summon a pet 5-10 levels higher then me. I used the practice dummy to figure out which talents to put points into, the damage rocks. The only thing i don't get is the healing, i cant get my chains very far because a magician is squishy and i can't heal.. I must be missing something, i have played SK,Druid and Shaman a little so far and Magician class is very hard to keep alive. Any suggestions?
Magicians get a few ways to restore their health at higher levels. At level 20 you get Reclaim Elements which is basically drains health from your pet. At level 38 you get another spell called Altered State which can be used to heal, also. At level 13 you get very good damage mitigation from Mana Shield, so don't neglect that skill, too.

Hootie

Well never mind the previous post. Apparently you have to make it to your mid 20's till you get the spells that make you a farming god. Go go Magicians!

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm greatly enjoying this game so far
I've played Warrior, Cleric, and Magician and all feel right and good so far.
Warrior: Is Pummel supposed to work only on the figure you stun? Often times I kill with a bash and then pummel the next guy.
Magician: Pet: This could be an animation thing, but sometimes the pet just hangs back. It could still be dealing damage, but it doesn't look like it is. Could pet damage be recolored?
Items: I kind of wish for the items to be less fancily named. But I understand.
In vanilla EQ Leather, Cloth, Banded, Chain, and Bronze, (and Iron and Steel) were all legit. I'd like to see these names on lower level gear. Cobalt commonly drops at low levels currently. But Cobalt didn't come out until Kunark and it was uber.

Thanks again; I've sunk hours.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
I'm greatly enjoying this game so far
I've played Warrior, Cleric, and Magician and all feel right and good so far.
Warrior: Is Pummel supposed to work only on the figure you stun? Often times I kill with a bash and then pummel the next guy.
Magician: Pet: This could be an animation thing, but sometimes the pet just hangs back. It could still be dealing damage, but it doesn't look like it is. Could pet damage be recolored?
Items: I kind of wish for the items to be less fancily named. But I understand.
In vanilla EQ Leather, Cloth, Banded, Chain, and Bronze, (and Iron and Steel) were all legit. I'd like to see these names on lower level gear. Cobalt commonly drops at low levels currently. But Cobalt didn't come out until Kunark and it was uber.

Thanks again; I've sunk hours.
Cool, thanks for the feedback and I hear you on the fancy name thing. Games have kind of drifted toward these ridiculous adjectives for magical items, but in the classic days it was just bronze this and leather that.

Pummel should work on any target. It's just activated by stun attacks as a sort of follow-up attack.

I can look into re-styling the pet damage a bit. Probably italics or smaller font. Or just different font. Something obvious. I think I want to stick with the colors though because they actually mean something.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Think I will have introduce my kids to this and Chromecast it so everyone can watch and play. And the beer will flow like ye olde days.

Maelfyn_sl

shitlord
How do you make the combat log show your own damage ?D:
This used to be in the game, but it got disabled since it seemed too redundant and it got ridiculously spammy with some talents and weapon combinations. I could possibly make it an option though.

Iwazaru_sl

shitlord
Two questions:

Is the mechanic where you pull your next mob, but they never attack and when you kill the mob you are on you lose your chain bonus because the next mob ghosts away happen on purpose? Or is something lagging on my end where I see a mob arrive but he really isn't there? Doesn't seem to happen in all zones. But it happened several times in Permanent 1 then didn't happen at all in Sol 1. And I've had it happen off and on while playing.

Is there a bug with unique helms dropping at a higher level than your char? I have seen 5 helms drop higher than what my char on hardcore can use. And I don't recall that happening with any other item type.