Nevergrind Online - 5-player Multiplayer Co-op Dungeon Crawl RPG on Steam

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Am I missing a numerical representation of hp/mama/stamina?

I forgot about the casual aggravation of 'your spell fizzles', nostalgia overload.
If you hit C to open your character sheet, you can see the actual values. I didn't want too much on the UI. Good enough for EverQuest. Good enough for me.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I would love to test this if you are still sending out keys. Love these types of games.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Interested in giving it a go, have a regular group of 3-4, but happy to try whatever keys you're willing to offer. Thanks.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I saw there is a selling and buying shortcut in the keybind options, so never mind that!

Tried a different class just to see the difference. Did a bard first, now a shadow knight. It plays a lot better, I like that at least one of the attacks turn auto attack on. If all the classes various attacks did that you wouldn’t need an auto attack toggle.

One thing I think would help with pacing is upgrading skills at different levels. Currently they all upgrade at 9, so you’re not really changing at all. On the bard, I’m level 6, and my level 1 skills are all really weak now. I just spam one ability (the dots are super weak by now) and keep a couple songs up. I would also suggest level locking a few skills so you don’t just unlock them all at level one. Doing those two changes would give you something to look forward to at each level, instead of just unlocking them all at level 1&2 when you get the money, then waiting for 7-8 levels to upgrade.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
maelfyn maelfyn Something Im curious about is .. are you actually looking for any advice or just polling interest in the game? A lot of stuff, like all spells unlocking at certain levels, buffs not displaying detailed information, etc. is all very much EverQuest classic. Are you just sticking to that EQ type of thought, or?

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
maelfyn maelfyn Something Im curious about is .. are you actually looking for any advice or just polling interest in the game? A lot of stuff, like all spells unlocking at certain levels, buffs not displaying detailed information, etc. is all very much EverQuest classic. Are you just sticking to that EQ type of thought, or?
A bit of everything. Feedback, bugs, suggestions, security, stress testing. Anything that will help the game be better at release. And, yes, it's heavily influenced by classic EQ. Telling the player everything is cringe.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

atalakas

Golden Knight of the Realm
Maelfyn, good work keeping up with this game, i loved the early versions you had, keep it up!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah nice work. I put three hours in and didn’t have a single bug.

There are some visual issues sometimes with the global cooldown on some abilities, but I wouldn’t really call it a bug, it’s pretty obvious what’s happening.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Yeah nice work. I put three hours in and didn’t have a single bug.

There are some visual issues sometimes with the global cooldown on some abilities, but I wouldn’t really call it a bug, it’s pretty obvious what’s happening.
The closed alpha/beta has been going on since early July, so it's mostly thanks to the hours dedicated testing that others have put in. There are still a few bugs, but the quality is getting better.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
A few hours into this, no bugs, just that Shiloh guy is a meanie to a solo level 4 bard. He practically 2-shot me at level 3... a few more songs, an item or two and a level later and it was a long drawn out affair and I prevailed. A big lesson early on to value every point of relevant stats you can eek out even at low levels, lol.

Looking forward to getting into it with friends later in the week, they don't have that EQ nostalgia to fall back on, so even if it isn't their thing I plan to get them through several quests if not act 1 entirely and get some feedback from a different type of user than many of your testers I suspect.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
A few hours into this, no bugs, just that Shiloh guy is a meanie to a solo level 4 bard. He practically 2-shot me at level 3... a few more songs, an item or two and a level later and it was a long drawn out affair and I prevailed. A big lesson early on to value every point of relevant stats you can eek out even at low levels, lol.

Looking forward to getting into it with friends later in the week, they don't have that EQ nostalgia to fall back on, so even if it isn't their thing I plan to get them through several quests if not act 1 entirely and get some feedback from a different type of user than many of your testers I suspect.
I struggled on that guy with the bard too. I chalked it up to it being expected to be in a full group and powerful with their songs going so it sucks at soloing. I played a shadow knight after and absolutely wrecked that guy with no problems, two levels lower than I was with the bard. Bard I even had to use three pots, SK zero. The bards dps output is just awful solo, and the healing song is really weak on only one character.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
If you hit C to open your character sheet, you can see the actual values. I didn't want too much on the UI. Good enough for EverQuest. Good enough for me.

I actually had looked at the character sheet but didn't see the values there. Completely missed that the values were written on the character portrait at the bottom when I had the character sheet itself open.

The spell progression could use some staggering. Original EQ had new spells at level 4 and every 4 levels after that. Not all 'spell lines' got upgraded every 4 levels, but it was still a nice boost in power progression every 4 levels. I'm certainly feeling the 'hell level' phenomenon at 7 wherein I don't have enough juice to beat the level 6 quest mobs and wont be getting any upgrades until 9...when everything seems to upgrade and basically double all damage / effects.

• 1Like