Nevergrind Online - 5-player Multiplayer Co-op Dungeon Crawl RPG on Steam

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Just fought Centurion Shiloh and I don't get it. How do you make that boss literally 10x harder than any other mob in the rest of the dungeon? I was able to solo everything else leading up to this dude and he is legit hitting for 90ish when everything else before him was only hitting for like 5-8 dmg lol. Clearly an oversight or something I hope.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I'll look into Shiloh. I know he's one of the first shadow knight NPCs you face, so you have to eat at least one harm touch from him. If your blood resist is terrible you might have a bad time. Aside from that he shouldn't be too bad. Definitely bring a few health potions...

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I'd be interested in checking this out if keys are still available. I played the original quite a bit before DB came knocking.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just fought Centurion Shiloh and I don't get it. How do you make that boss literally 10x harder than any other mob in the rest of the dungeon? I was able to solo everything else leading up to this dude and he is legit hitting for 90ish when everything else before him was only hitting for like 5-8 dmg lol. Clearly an oversight or something I hope.
I think it depends on your class, I stomped him with a shadow knight at level 4, but he was kicking my ass at level 5 or 6 on the bard, needed multiple potions. It definitely made me think he was either too hard or the trash mobs were too easy. He was way nastier than anything else. The harm touch wiped out like 60% of my life lol

Anyone know they difference in mob name colors? Some are white, teal, blue, yellow. Some have a bold outline to them. I’m guessing the color is difficulty level, similar to the item color coding. I can’t really tell what’s different, a yellow mob does seem to have more life than a white one but not really sure.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I think it depends on your class, I stomped him with a shadow knight at level 4, but he was kicking my ass at level 5 or 6 on the bard, needed multiple potions. It definitely made me think he was either too hard or the trash mobs were too easy. He was way nastier than anything else. The harm touch wiped out like 60% of my life lol

Anyone know they difference in mob name colors? Some are white, teal, blue, yellow. Some have a bold outline to them. I’m guessing the color is difficulty level, similar to the item color coding. I can’t really tell what’s different, a yellow mob does seem to have more life than a white one but not really sure.
The name colors indicate general difficulty by level relative to your level. Similar to the EverQuest consider system. Same with the quest names at the mission counter.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I'll look into Shiloh. I know he's one of the first shadow knight NPCs you face, so you have to eat at least one harm touch from him. If your blood resist is terrible you might have a bad time. Aside from that he shouldn't be too bad. Definitely bring a few health potions...
Ya just fought him again with 4 health pots and a mana pot and still didn't get him below 40 as a rogue and that was with going into it with all buffs at max stacks and full health and mana. Definitely ridiculously overtuned.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Ya just fought him again with 4 health pots and a mana pot and still didn't get him below 40 as a rogue and that was with going into it with all buffs at max stacks and full health and mana. Definitely ridiculously overtuned.
Whoa. This game is the Dark Souls of shitty indie dungeon crawlers! GOTY 2022!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rime

<Donor>
I would like a way to see what the Affixes/Abilities of enemies do, even if it were a sort of compendium you could only check after having encountered them, maybe?

Also, no problem with Centurion Shiloh on my end. I ended up using two potions as a level 4 Rogue, that Harm Touch hurts.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I would like a way to see what the Affixes/Abilities of enemies do, even if it were a sort of compendium you could only check after having encountered them, maybe?

Also, no problem with Centurion Shiloh on my end. I ended up using two potions as a level 4 Rogue, that Harm Touch hurts.
I could add stuff like that to the tavern tips section at some point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

How the fuck is that possible lol. I used 4 pots and a mana pot, spammed mirage on cd to even further prevent damage, kept poison up always and made sure my fade/haste was at 5 stacks for the entire fight and didn't get him below 40% so I'm super fucking confused.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
How the fuck is that possible lol. I used 4 pots and a mana pot, spammed mirage on cd to even further prevent damage, kept poison up always and made sure my fade/haste was at 5 stacks for the entire fight and didn't get him below 40% so I'm super fucking confused.
Probably picked a female. Higher blood resist.

• 2Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Whoa. This game is the Dark Souls of shitty indie dungeon crawlers! GOTY 2022!
I do like the YOU DIED Dark souls death screen.

One other thing, you should rip the EQ ding sound, the current one is so muted. EQ ding was so in your face loud, it was awesome. I didn’t even notice the current one until I watched as I leveled to see if there was some kind of indicator other than in the combat log.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I also picked female and am a halfling. Also I feel like giving different stats to sexes is kinda dumb.
Meh it’s realistic. Men should be stronger. Women should have, idk maybe higher charisma? It’s not enough to make a huge difference, I like it. I always though it was stupid my 90 lb female elf had the same str as a 400 lb male ogre.

Rime

<Donor>
No idea? I have relatively decent resists. I check the shops when I go back to town and do upgrades wherever I can.

I am also using a mace I found, rather than a dagger, as it has better stats and it does not seem to matter for Rogue skills.

Edit: Also, am a male half-elf.

Edit 2: Are you using Talisman of Treachery?

Edit 3: Level 6 Dungeons is when you start fighting 2 enemies in some rooms. Boy does that hurt as a rogue.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I do like the YOU DIED Dark souls death screen.

One other thing, you should rip the EQ ding sound, the current one is so muted. EQ ding was so in your face loud, it was awesome. I didn’t even notice the current one until I watched as I leveled to see if there was some kind of indicator other than in the combat log.
I can adjust its volume. I dunno. I thought the volume was fine lol... tbh I will probably change a lot of sound effects before the game launches. Lots are EQ sound effects and I have no idea who owns them. I don't think anyone knows.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
No idea? I have relatively decent resists. I check the shops when I go back to town and do upgrades wherever I can.

I am also using a mace I found, rather than a dagger, as it has better stats and it does not seem to matter for Rogue skills.

Edit: Also, am a male half-elf.

Edit 2: Are you using Talisman of Treachery?

Edit 3: Level 6 Dungeons is when you start fighting 2 enemies in some rooms. Boy does that hurt as a rogue.
Can't remember if I gave rogues some CC. I know they have stuns. Consume potions. Be a potion enjoyer.

Rime

<Donor>
Yep. Each time I go to town, I buy a buttload of potions. Any chance they will ever stack? Same with the identify scrolls. I am filling my inventory each time with them.

Rogues have one stun, Dazzling Strike, yeah.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Yep. Each time I go to town, I buy a buttload of potions. Any chance they will ever stack? Same with the identify scrolls. I am filling my inventory each time with them.

Rogues have one stun, Dazzling Strike, yeah.
I wouldn't mind giving rogues some CC in the future. Via talent trees or something like that.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I can adjust its volume. I dunno. I thought the volume was fine lol... tbh I will probably change a lot of sound effects before the game launches. Lots are EQ sound effects and I have no idea who owns them. I don't think anyone knows.
I like that part, it’s nostalgic. I’d just do backups and patch them in if you get a cease and desist:p

How easy would it be to add some texture differences, maybe even just color, when you’re in different dungeons? I think that would help a little with some of the monotony. Every tunnel is identical looking with identical mobs. Doesn’t really feel like any dungeon is different from one another until you hit the boss.

• 1Like