Nevergrind Online - 5-player Multiplayer Co-op Dungeon Crawl RPG on Steam

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You should probably just make it $0. Think of all the interest then.

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Caliane

played some mp last night. surprisingly fun for sure. absolutely a start game... 5 hours later, "oh crap I was supposed to head off to bed an hour ago."

I do have more thoughts. I appreciate the "I love everquest" aspect, and that some of these might conflict with that a bit. adding so more modern ease of use..
played an Enchanter.

1. Not being able to see allied player Buffs is rough. Please add visuals for this.
  2. Enchanter buffs in general... ooph. 3 4secondish cast time buffs x 5 players. +1 extra. I get the EQ sit around and chat while buffing.. but, aint nobody want to wait around for me to cast this shit. A few possibilities. just reduce the cast times directly a bit. or, perhaps queue casting? i.e. I target player 4, hit 7, shift+8, shift+9, and it will cast 7, 8,9 on that player in order. If you intended for us to make macros for this, perhaps in game macro creation.
  3. right click enemies, to apply raid targeting, and ping chat with "focus attack on *"
  4. visual of which player enemy is targeting is great. would be nice to also have the opposite, a visual icon of which monster players are targeting. (I imagine a circle headshot icon above the monster, with an arrow pointing down.) This way we can easily see and make fun of someone not focusing fire.
  5. the ability to rearrange skills. (might be there already, and I just missed it?)
  6. char sheet, and inventory when open block the enemy row visually.
  7. char sheet when open, gives us a numerical visual of hp, mana, spirit on our characters. why is that not an open to add all the time?
  8. I didnt see the bag increase button at the merchant, until level 10.

I'm a bit surprised there is no food or duration element. is that being added? even deaths you recover after battle, correct? (I mean dungeon grind food/camping, not wow "food and water" hp/mana regen)

Edit: I was going back through the thread, and see a note for adding "identify all" at the apoc, at a higher cost. was that added and I'm overlooking it, or still to be done, or nixed?

Last edited:

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Cool game bro. Worked on it for 5,000 hours? Why aren't you giving it away for free like Diablo Immortal, bro?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
played some mp last night. surprisingly fun for sure. absolutely a start game... 5 hours later, "oh crap I was supposed to head off to bed an hour ago."

I do have more thoughts. I appreciate the "I love everquest" aspect, and that some of these might conflict with that a bit. adding so more modern ease of use..
played an Enchanter.

1. Not being able to see allied player Buffs is rough. Please add visuals for this.
  2. Enchanter buffs in general... ooph. 3 4secondish cast time buffs x 5 players. +1 extra. I get the EQ sit around and chat while buffing.. but, aint nobody want to wait around for me to cast this shit. A few possibilities. just reduce the cast times directly a bit. or, perhaps queue casting? i.e. I target player 4, hit 7, shift+8, shift+9, and it will cast 7, 8,9 on that player in order. If you intended for us to make macros for this, perhaps in game macro creation.
  3. right click enemies, to apply raid targeting, and ping chat with "focus attack on *"
  4. visual of which player enemy is targeting is great. would be nice to also have the opposite, a visual icon of which monster players are targeting. (I imagine a circle headshot icon above the monster, with an arrow pointing down.) This way we can easily see and make fun of someone not focusing fire.
  5. the ability to rearrange skills. (might be there already, and I just missed it?)
  7. char sheet when open, gives us a numerical visual of hp, mana, spirit on our characters. why is that not an open to add all the time?

I'm a bit surprised there is no food or duration element. is that being added? even deaths you recover after battle, correct? (I mean dungeon grind food/camping, not wow "food and water" hp/mana regen)

Edit: I was going back through the thread, and see a note for adding "identify all" at the apoc, at a higher cost. was that added and I'm overlooking it, or still to be done, or nixed?
You can re-arrange skills with right-click.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

played an Enchanter.

There is identify all at the apothecary. Under the vendors picture, like the bag and bank upgrade buttons.

Buff icons / buffing has been the biggest non-bug related complaint I’ve seen from new players. Agree people generally don’t wait around for you to rebuff. People only really wait on spirit regen on healers.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I didn't put in buff timers for a reason. I'm trying to culture flip them back to gen X norms.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You're an idiot. He'd make more money selling it for 10$ than 20$.

19.99 is a huge value for this title. Shut up and pay the Piper and give the man his dues. Everyone loves this game and it’s only a matter of time he clears the rewards for his hard work.

Financially he will do just fine and it’s at the perfect price point. You cheap fuck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Bro, release it for free. Bro, release it as a mobile app. Bro, add NFTs and get on the blockchain. Bro, put in some micros. Dude, trust me.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Bro, release it for free. Bro, release it as a mobile app. Bro, add NFTs and get on the blockchain. Bro, put in some micros. Dude, trust me.
Vampire survivors sold for 3$ and made tens of millions. People bought it because it was cheap. Sometimes less is more. A lot of people aren't going to pay 20$ for what's a pretty basic game but they'd probably pay 10 is all I'm saying.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Vampire survivors sold for 3$ and made tens of millions. People bought it because it was cheap. Sometimes less is more. A lot of people aren't going to pay 20$ for what's a pretty basic game but they'd probably pay 10 is all I'm saying.
Vampire Survivors was paid advertisement from "certain" streamers just to be clear. This game, without some paid publicity, will never reach the heights of the algorithm gods to be more than a brief blip against triple A and paid titles. Although you're correct that a high publicity game will sell and make far more if its cheaper, the publicity has to be there for it to do so. You're looking at Apples and this game is an Orange (or vice versa you picky SOB's.)

I personally think the heat is on right now for Maelfyn. In that, is he going to just keep the game updated as a passion project or is he going to actively work on the game and DLC?

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
lol Lumi thinks Vampire Survivors was a spontaneous success story. Charming.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Vampire Survivors was paid advertisement from "certain" streamers just to be clear. This game, without some paid publicity, will never reach the heights of the algorithm gods to be more than a brief blip against triple A and paid titles. Although you're correct that a high publicity game will sell and make far more if its cheaper, the publicity has to be there for it to do so. You're looking at Apples and this game is an Orange (or vice versa you picky SOB's.)

I personally think the heat is on right now for Maelfyn. In that, is he going to just keep the game updated as a passion project or is he going to actively work on the game and DLC?
Ya I know but my point mainly was that the game made more being 3$ rather than say it being 10$.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Shit, I'll venmo maelfyn maelfyn $300 if he creates a giant level 50 unkillable troll named Utnayan in one of the dungeons who wipes all the party with Death Touch. "CITIZENS OF NEVERGRIND! I DON'T NEED AID YOU FILTHY PUKES. DIE!" and the entire party wipes.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ya I know but my point mainly was that the game made more being 3$ rather than say it being 10$.
I agree that 20 bucks puts him up against games like V Rising etc. but this game is more of a "flash in the pan" indie and he will/should eventually have a much lower persistent price that keeps his active users up for the group experience. (V Rising is also a high publicity game, but a blow job is a .. er.. 20 bucks is 20 bucks.) Launching with a bottom dollar price on a low publicity game is just cutting his return for no "good" reason.
Shit, I'll venmo maelfyn maelfyn $300 if he creates a giant level 50 unkillable troll named Utnayan in one of the dungeons who wipes all the party with Death Touch. "CITIZENS OF NEVERGRIND! I DON'T NEED AID YOU FILTHY PUKES. DIE!" and the entire party wipes.
Lordddddd please do raid frames and have Kera..Utnayan kill noobies in low tier dungeons.

• 1Truth!

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
lol Lumi thinks Vampire Survivors was a spontaneous success story. Charming.
No that's not what I think and it wasn't my point. My point was that you can make a lot of money pricing a game cheaper because more people will buy it. If 3x the amount of people buy your game at 10$ than they would've at 20, you just made 50% more $.