Nevergrind Online - 5-player Multiplayer Co-op Dungeon Crawl RPG on Steam

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Check out how much stuff has been done in two months. The “done” columns were blank when this trello was started in February.

Lol, the not my problem column. haha

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Bros, this is coming out June 9th. Join us, it’s come a long way since we started the thread here.

Should be a good time with a fresh character wipe and lots of people online. Plenty of grouping fun to be had.

Utnayan Utnayan its coming out 4:20 est, I expect you’ll be drunk by then, join in.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
That's right! A 69420 release is planned! Again, Nevergrind Online will release on June 9th @ 4:20 p.m. EST. Looking back, it's odd to think that I never really played a Wizardry or a Might & Magic game. It seems that I accidentally made a game like that. I was just developing within the constraints that I had. So it's a multiplayer first-person dungeon crawl RPG, which is also known as a blobber. As far as I know, it's the world's first multiplayer blobber with real-time combat. So that's pretty neat! See you at launch!

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I'll probably download it and play, maybe not that day but I will start right on release.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
That's right! A 69420 release is planned! Again, Nevergrind Online will release on June 9th @ 4:20 p.m. EST. Looking back, it's odd to think that I never really played a Wizardry or a Might & Magic game. It seems that I accidentally made a game like that. I was just developing within the constraints that I had. So it's a multiplayer first-person dungeon crawl RPG, which is also known as a blobber. As far as I know, it's the world's first multiplayer blobber with real-time combat. So that's pretty neat! See you at launch!

Haha I clicked on this "blobber" link, and the first thing I read was the top post's signature saying "all joggers must hang!"

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I didn't even notice that. This is why we can't have anything nice. Updated the link to page 2. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Official release trailer just dropped. Nothing fancy. Just shows off the re-mastered animations and gives players a good idea about what to expect when they play the game.

• 8Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Yes, it is! Also, our testing community convinced me to go the early access route at the last minute. In practical terms, nothing will change for the players, but it does adjust the players' expectations moving forward. I still plan to add a ton of features and continue optimizing it until it works on a toaster.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Steamworks has been up 100% of the time for the past 30 days. 30 minutes before this launches it crashes and hasn’t come back up yet, can’t release the game. :trump:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Launched like ten minutes after my post. Good times seeing so many people on!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Wish this guy had like a tiny little leg that stuck out to kick you with =(
1654816551771.png

Haha this is great. EQ sounds ftw.

Caliane

yeah, I somehow totally overlooked this thread until like last month. added it to steam, and will toss you some bucks.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Get the reviews up. This deserves it. Waiting for mine to populate the page.

Caliane

Silly UI element review.

I picked single player at first to see whats what. then, later when trying, swap to multiplayer, it took me AGES to figure it out.

backing out to title, restarting, both take you directly to character select within single player or multiplayer. you have to hit the X to back out entirely to the singleplayer/multiplayer menu.

A button to swap single player/multiplayer should be there instead of just the X. labeled. or, having mp and single player character lists both open at the same time. the char select should probably be labeled as well, so you don't forget which you are looking at. like, "enter world (singleplayer)"

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Silly UI element review.

I picked single player at first to see whats what. then, later when trying, swap to multiplayer, it took me AGES to figure it out.

backing out to title, restarting, both take you directly to character select within single player or multiplayer. you have to hit the X to back out entirely to the singleplayer/multiplayer menu.

A button to swap single player/multiplayer should be there instead of just the X. labeled. or, having mp and single player character lists both open at the same time. the char select should probably be labeled as well, so you don't forget which you are looking at. like, "enter world (singleplayer)"
Agree with this. I think it should have a multi-player/single-player banner at the top of the character select menu . Not something I really thought much of since I never switch modes, but it would be helpful for those that do.

Caliane

Let's just delete single player.
since it is much like a diablo. where the online mp really is the key design, and you can play solo, within the online multiplayer.

what you may want to do is have that initial selection default to online multiplayer in a large font. then, below it, in a smaller font, "offline single player".

possibly have a tooltip saying, "online multiplayer characters can be played solo or within groups". so new players know they can learn the ropes online, solo, without being pressured into a party immediately.