Nevergrind Online - 5-player Multiplayer Co-op Dungeon Crawl RPG on Steam

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice work Joe! I Enjoyed the Youtube stream. Can I get a key?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Some class feedback.

The Templar Fire Wall skill is bugged a bit. It can carry over from one fight to the next. To replicate it, cast it right at the end of a fight, then immediately start another fight, it will be going on the new mobs. One low level fight they died before I could even click auto attack.

The Templar skills should probably all be double their current cost, I can chain cast everything possible and I never get below 80% mana or spirit. Also Fire wall is insanely powerful at the moment. Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun…but I’m able to solo clear Heroics at my same level just because of that skill. It’s ticking 20+ damage on every mob in the row, I don’t even have to cast any other skills and I can clear shit super fast.

Compare that to the bard who is ticking 2 damage on a few mobs in a cone. I played the bard in a group and had to chain cast and barely do any damage, Templar just clicks that one skill and the mobs just get raped. So, either the bard is pathetically underpowered, or the Templar is OP. I understand bards give thei dps to other people in the group..,but when a lower level Templar in the group makes clear speed way faster than a bard in the group something’s wrong.

I haven’t tried enough classes to the same level to compare against, so maybe the Templar isn’t OP, maybe the bard is just severely under powered. I’m not familiar enough with your class design philosophy to know which way it should go.

(I should mention fire wall is ticking so high due to having a staff with high spell power stat)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Some class feedback.

The Templar Fire Wall skill is bugged a bit. It can carry over from one fight to the next. To replicate it, cast it right at the end of a fight, then immediately start another fight, it will be going on the new mobs. One low level fight they died before I could even click auto attack.

The Templar skills should probably all be double their current cost, I can chain cast everything possible and I never get below 80% mana or spirit. Also Fire wall is insanely powerful at the moment. Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun…but I’m able to solo clear Heroics at my same level just because of that skill. It’s ticking 20+ damage on every mob in the row, I don’t even have to cast any other skills and I can clear shit super fast.

Compare that to the bard who is ticking 2 damage on a few mobs in a cone. I played the bard in a group and had to chain cast and barely do any damage, Templar just clicks that one skill and the mobs just get raped. So, either the bard is pathetically underpowered, or the Templar is OP. I understand bards give thei dps to other people in the group..,but when a lower level Templar in the group makes clear speed way faster than a bard in the group something’s wrong.

I haven’t tried enough classes to the same level to compare against, so maybe the Templar isn’t OP, maybe the bard is just severely under powered. I’m not familiar enough with your class design philosophy to know which way it should go.
Every skill that does damage at intervals like that probably shares that bug. I'll have to ensure they stop when combat ends.

Class balance is going to be a continual slog. I don't really intend for them to be perfectly balanced, but they should all be fun to play. If nobody is playing a class then that's a problem.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Every skill that does damage at intervals like that probably shares that bug. I'll have to ensure they stop when combat ends.

Class balance is going to be a continual slog. I don't really intend for them to be perfectly balanced, but they should all be fun to play. If nobody is playing a class then that's a problem.
I did notice that the Templar is getting a huge boost to that spell because of spell damage items I have equipped, so I’m guessing the skill by itself is fine. I do think the class needs all the costs doubled or something though, I can’t cast fast enough to lower it, making it so there’s no resource management needed at all, which I did have to do with the SK.

I don’t expect classes to all be perfectly balanced, that’s difficult to do and also boring to be honest. There should be classes that excel at certain things so there’s some variety and a reason to try different classes.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
I did notice that the Templar is getting a huge boost to that spell because of spell damage items I have equipped, so I’m guessing the skill by itself is fine. I do think the class needs all the costs doubled or something though, I can’t cast fast enough to lower it, making it so there’s no resource management needed at all, which I did have to do with the SK.

I don’t expect classes to all be perfectly balanced, that’s difficult to do and also boring to be honest. There should be classes that excel at certain things so there’s some variety and a reason to try different classes.
Yeah, I'm going more for like Diablo 2 style gameplay. Some builds are great. Some aren't. In the end I'll have talent trees.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Any plan to expand the bank slots? Would be nice since there’s room, also a good money sink. Pay to add a new row, double cost each row or something.

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Any plan to expand the bank slots? Would be nice since there’s room, also a good money sink. Pay to add a new row, double cost each row or something.
Yeah, some day. I'm trying to figure out if I should do a micro for that or just use gold. I thought about allowing characters to expand their bags with gold, too.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, some day. I'm trying to figure out if I should do a micro for that or just use gold. I thought about allowing characters to expand their bags with gold, too.
That would be nice. The current size is workable but i usually trash several items per dungeon run. I also only take 1-2 identify scrolls in case i get a green and 1-2 pots since they take up room. Then bank items, to make room for scrolls when i get back to town, buy/identify/sell, then get the other items back out of the bank to repeat the process. Bigger bags would help. Or maybe a couple 4 slot small bags, one for pots and one for scrolls...and that's all they can hold and they can't go in the big bag. Would be a good way to limit pot spamming through dungeons if you could only have a set amount.

• 1Like

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Hah I thought people were asking for keys to be cheap and I was going to just buy the game. Realized that isn't possible. If you have a key, my wife and I would mess with this.

• 1Like

maelfyn

Vyemm Raider
Hah I thought people were asking for keys to be cheap and I was going to just buy the game. Realized that isn't possible. If you have a key, my wife and I would mess with this.
They're just beta keys. This is all part of my elaborate ruse to overthrow the western gaming industry.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just my two cents, you do whatever you want to do -

The half screen of empty real estate for the bank already made me feel like you were going to do micro's for it. 1.99 a row, 9.99 to complete a page, 4.99 to create a new tab and do it all over again. If people want to be a retard with their money and pack rabbit, give them the option. Bag space, if you increased it to 20 slots at its base that would be a fair ground, and then any additional rows cost 1.99 like the bank (except you're getting 4 instead of 8 slots).

I imagine you're going to charge anywhere from 10 to 20 bucks for the game. After steam takes its bull shit out, is that going to be enough for you to continue enjoying what you do and still keep the server(s) running is all Im thinking. No one likes Microtransactions, but sometimes I think indie devs shoot themselves in the foot by not being greedy enough, versus being too greedy. I dont think the game is going to have the mass appeal as say Valheim, so a cheaper entry with micro's is likely the best direction imo. Again, just my two cents.

Couple things outside of just the normal balancing and nit pick shit -
- Id like to see you limit the tier of quests each tavern can put out. When you finish both sets of quests in a tier, you enable a big arrow in the bottom right that says to move to the next town. When you do, the town background changes with each town. I dont know how if you would want an arrow, but just a different background would be nice every once in a while. With /town always being the same channel, regardless if you're in Edenburg or Fenwoven.
- When in a dungeon, after you complete combat in a crossway square (poi square?) I'd like to see like some kings quest / torins passage type shit occasionally. Where you see something twinkling in the top right portion of the screen, you click on it and it provides a new direction to go. That new direction having a tendency to be a shrine or a treasure chest.

Three of us got together last night and did a Heroic that was just under our level. Two Shadowknights can keep themselves up fairly ok at our level range, but the DPS was abysmal and that dungeon just felt like it kept going and going cause the fights were so long. I know its not set up for a group of 3 and having two tanks isnt exactly the ideal DPS setup - but if you added things like "secret passage ways" and such, I dont think it would have "felt" like it took that long.

Also, why does the Speed shrine feel so god damn useless? lol Can you turn that into a 20% Haste multiplier on the GCD instead? Or a new shrine altogether that replenishes your combat pools (mana/spirit) 20% faster etc.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Agree with the run speed shrine, it’s useless. I can’t even tell if it’s actually working or not. Would rather see cast/attack haste or GCD haste or something like that.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You're making me chuckle at random times with this, maelfyn maelfyn . Got this while killing Deepwater Crocodiles and the two together is epic lol. If you did get some random rares in a dungeon, that would be really fun too.
Ripjaw.jpg

• 1Like