Neverwinter: PC

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I never had real trouble staying alive. Only died once when I wasn't paying attention and got attacked by a mimic and a couple orcs at once, but I went with a DPS pet and geared myself for full DPS. I did get ripped up pretty good by some of the bigger mobs though.
Yeah, I mainly went with the cleric companion because I was tired of using potions after a fight because there's no fucking out of combat hp regen and too few of those stupid campfires. Will probably use a dps one when the game goes live, since I read you get a cleric and a man-at-arms a little later.

Probably my main issue is ID scrolls. This ain't fucking Diablo, there's no damn reason to have them. You end up running out, and having a bunch of unidentified crap in your limited inventory. And between this weekend and last weekend they removed them from the gold vendor, and they are only available for (800!!) astral diamonds now. So retarded. The cash shop is the worst thing about this game.

Guess I'll just have to hope that the Foundry quests I create will generate enough tips for me to buy scrolls.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Open beta announced for the 30th of April. 12th is the last closed beta weekend event thingy, after which they claim no more character wipes. Soooo for all intents and purposes the game essentially launches the 30th? /shrug

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The joy of being free-to-play with no retail distribution infrastructure needed is that you can decide you are "Live" whenever the heck you want to be. Soft-launch with an Open Beta and when your servers and demand has settled into a sustainable pattern you declare yourself open for business.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone has a beta key that they can PM me? Would like to give this game a try.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You should be able to still get a key by registering with gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/...eta3-giveaway/

Pretty stoked that they're doing another beta weekend in a week cause my friends and I had a lot of fun with the last one.
think those are keys for the last beta weekend, not the one coming up.

from the info released, it looks like the only people allowed in the next beta weekend are ones who purchased the founder packs, or people who use the friend key given from those packs.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Read some stuff on it and looks like you can only get into beta weekend 4 if you purchase the $60 or $200 founder packs or get an invite from someone who did. Otherwise gotta wait for open beta.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
No wipes after open beta starts. Neverwinter launches April 30th.

Dungeon delvers of Neverwinter, mark your calendars. We are pleased to announce that on April 30, 2013, Neverwinter, our upcoming free-to-play action MMORPG, will officially enter Open Beta! The Forgotten Realms will soon be open to millions of brave heroes and heroines who cannot wait to join the battle against Valindra Shadowmantle and hordes of other foul creatures on Faer?n. Make a stand and protect the city of Neverwinter against the ever-present dangers surrounding the city.

How would you like to play Open Beta three days before anyone else? How about five days before anyone else? You can do so by becoming a Neverwinter Founder! Early access is just one of many exclusives our Neverwinter Founders receive.

Early Access Exclusives for Neverwinter Founders
Five days Open Beta early access for Hero of the North Founder's Pack purchasers.
Three days Open Beta early access for Guardian of Neverwinter Pack purchasers.

Want to learn more about Neverwinter? Watch our newest "What is Neverwinter?" trailer to see what you can expect from the dangers ahead.

But before then, we will have an additional Beta Weekend Four, from April 12-14, to polish and test features which will be available during Open Beta. Here is just some of what players will experience during the next Beta Weekend:

- First opportunity to experience Neverwinter's Profession System
- Explore one or all four different types of professions: Leadership, Mailsmithing, Platesmithing, and Leatherworking.
- Play through 50 levels of content, including improvements based on feedback from Beta Weekend Three.
- If you played in Beta Weekend Three, you can continue your progress and grow even stronger!

How can players enter Beta Weekend Four? Players who purchased Hero of the North Founder's Pack, or redeemed a new Friend key from this pack, or purchased a Guardian of Neverwinter Pack will be the first to experience brand-new content. This is an added thank you to committed Founders who have helped make Neverwinter possible.

If you are experiencing blues from not being able to play Neverwinter, now is your chance to get more of the Forgotten Realms before our Open Beta! Don't miss out on your chance to try out the new profession system before anyone else.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I see nothing about beta toons being allowed to carry over in to release, just a bunch of stuff about Open Beta.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
As good as place as any,

http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stac...d_promo_050413

80% off

BG2 complete
BG 1
Icewinddale2 complete
Icewinddale complete
Forgetten Realms: demon stone
Temple of elemental Evil
D&D:dragonshard
NWN2 complete (zehir, Westgate, and mask)
NWN 1
Planescape

About a $1.99 each.
21.10 for ALL.
Even though I own hard copies of most of those games, this is just a too good and convenient deal. All the expansionpacks included, awesome. Thanks for the link.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do those games all have decent stories to follow or basically xp adventure/sandbox.
Leave immediately.

A few of them (like Dragonshard) I didn't enjoy as much as the others. ToEE is debatable but it's so heavily modded that you can turn it around.

The Baldurs Gate stuff are classics that shouldn't be passed over by any enthusiast. The NWN stuff is pretty fun and a different engine than them altogether.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
As good as place as any,

http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stac...d_promo_050413

80% off

BG2 complete
BG 1
Icewinddale2 complete
Icewinddale complete
Forgetten Realms: demon stone
Temple of elemental Evil
D&D:dragonshard
NWN2 complete (zehir, Westgate, and mask)
NWN 1
Planescape

About a $1.99 each.
21.10 for ALL.
Since I'm at work and stupid web-sense is blocking the website.. I find it surprising how NWN1 two expansions are not included. (the underdepth expansion, second? was my favorite).

Oh and in case you guys missed it BG Enhanced Edition was released on steam a few weeks ago.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Since I'm at work and stupid web-sense is blocking the website.. I find it surprising how NWN1 two expansions are not included. (the underdepth expansion, second? was my favorite).

Oh and in case you guys missed it BG Enhanced Edition was released on steam a few weeks ago.
Laura, the NWN 1 Diamond edition(which is the one included in this package) includes the two expansions and the Kingmaker modules. Here is a link:http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Diamond_Edition

Here is the link to the diamond edition on gog.com, but that one may be blocked for you.
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/neverwin...iamond_edition