Neverwinter: PC

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
i have been playing the hell out of nwn2 the past couple months... once you get past the camera wonk.. its a great game ( the whole series )

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah nwn2 was awesome, tried to go back and play it recently though and I didn't web make it to the first town. I think I just like making chars and imagining what they will become.

I played the hell out of most of those games when they were released originally - I wonder if I should have considered getting them for my kids. /ponder

I played all of NWN2 and purchased the first expansion for this (Mask of something) but never finished that one. I didn't even realize there were more expansions beyond that one - are they any good?

Caliane

all 3 are better then the original game.

Storm of Zehir is my favorite. It totally changes how the game plays. It sortof becomes a top down overland exploration game. with trade routes you set up, etc. you can explore, and your search skill will allow you to discover various hidden dungeons, etc. and you can then dungeon crawl.
Note it is also a precursor to 4e spell plague.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So is this last beta weekend? Any hooks ups for codes? Wife and I were thinking about giving it a go...

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, this is the last, but only way to get in is to pony up $60 or $200. Blatant (and stupid) cash grab by PWE. Hard to believe how many people have already dished out that kinda cash for a FTP game. Open Beta starts on the 30th, best just to wait.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This last beta is apparently only for those who have ponied up for the Founder's Edition. I will say that despite the game being RPG-lite I do like that it seems full featured at release rather than missing important things like LFG queues and whatnot.

It has that slightly spastic "get in and have fun quick and then get out" sort of style that STO pioneered. I think Cryptic learned an important lesson with STO and are aiming to release Neverwinter as a complete FTP game from the get-go.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
all 3 are better then the original game.

Storm of Zehir is my favorite. It totally changes how the game plays. It sortof becomes a top down overland exploration game. with trade routes you set up, etc. you can explore, and your search skill will allow you to discover various hidden dungeons, etc. and you can then dungeon crawl.
Note it is also a precursor to 4e spell plague.
I have been playing nwn2 of late and damn ya all 3 are good. Also, if you liked Storm of the Zehir, check out this Module ( player made ) its awesome..
Legacy of White Plume Mountain. I started at level 7, now I think 16 and i think i am 2/3 through it.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view....Detail&id=454

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The soft launch of this begins tomorrow for the people who shelled out $200 for the "I love the Drow" pack. The $60 folk come two days later and then the hoi polloi jump in 3 days after that. This is the 'open beta' period but with no more wipes once the open beta starts and it being F2P anyway it is effectively the launch of the title.

I've had fun with it, I am sure that Perfect World Entertainment is gonna make a killing with selling additional classes for $5-10 a pop once every month or two.

Malkav

French Madman
From what I've seen, some things in the cash shop are way overpriced, and that's gonna me their downfall. 5$ dollars for a motherfucking respec? 30$ for a companion? What is this bullshit?

Looking at the prices, there is no way new classes/races will only cost 5/10$.

Other than that, eager to try the game. Couldn't get in the beta week-ends, but it seems fun enough to spend a few weeks playing.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
True these are the same folks who charge $25 for a starship in STO... Point well taken.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
From what I've seen, some things in the cash shop are way overpriced, and that's gonna me their downfall. 5$ dollars for a motherfucking respec? 30$ for a companion? What is this bullshit?

Looking at the prices, there is no way new classes/races will only cost 5/10$.

Other than that, eager to try the game. Couldn't get in the beta week-ends, but it seems fun enough to spend a few weeks playing.
Any link to see cash shop stuff or is that all in game?

Malkav

French Madman
Any link to see cash shop stuff or is that all in game?
Everything's in game, but it's wildly talked about over at the official forums.

That reminds me of how much I hate official forums. Good god, the thing is swarmed by fanboys.

Malkav

French Madman
open beta tomorrow anyone else plan on playing?
Started playing saturday, was bored and had nothing else to day so I went for the 55$ founder's pack.

Found the game fun and addicting, played for like 16 hours between saturday evening and sunday evening, currently lvl30 with my Thief.

The only problem : ridiculous cash shop. I found absolutely no vendors selling bags. The only two added bags I got are quest rewards at lvl20 and 30... But of course, they sell you 20+ slots character-bound bags for 10$ each on the cash shop.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Right now they essentially have one of each basic archetype plus one joke.

Healer : Devoted Cleric
Tank : Guardian Fighter
DPS: Trickster Rogue
CC / AE dps: Control Wizard
Joke: Great Weapon Fighter

Technically GWF is supposed to be a striking tank but in reality it seems to do less damage and tanks less well than a Cleric. I suspect things will change, especially when they add in the next two classes which are supposed to be added very soon during the Open Beta.

I'm having fun, the game is very attractive and has a fun playstyle. Some of the boss fights are absolute hectic nightmares of chaos...which I oddly enjoy.