Neverwinter: PC

Roxette_sl

shitlord
When will companies learn, you can't take some thing that was old and good and just spin it around and toss it out there expecting it to do well. It isn't even with this game, look at the industry in general (movies are a good example) and you will see that there is a general lack of originality. To me it appears that some executives out there really have a lack of balls and their willingness to do <gasp> something new, different and original.

In any case, this game will probably be horrible while the sad fact that droves of idiots will still try and give this game a shot (free or not.)

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Two things are cool about this game. First, the no box cost/no sub cost model can only be a good thing. Two, providing tools like the ones shown below to your playerbase ought to become standard for the industry.

This game will probably end up being a mess, but I'll probably download it to play around with the Foundry feature. It puts that mess of a Dungeon Maker in EQ2 to shame.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Hasbro, who owns all the D&D stuff, has shown several times in the past few years that they don't know what to do with it and don't seem to have a competent "D&D Tzar" in charge who understands the product line at all and has the power to do anything. It is like they run it by commitie and kind of wander off in different directions every few months.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Even if you grew up with the books anyone who hasn't paid attention to the universe in the last 2-3 years will be completely lost with everything that's changed. I used to love recommending this universe to new fantasy readers but until the current timeline is settled and makes more sense I've avoided confusing people.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Even if you grew up with the books anyone who hasn't paid attention to the universe in the last 2-3 years will be completely lost with everything that's changed. I used to love recommending this universe to new fantasy readers but until the current timeline is settled and makes more sense I've avoided confusing people.
Just another reason this is stupid. They are putting this in line for 4e D&D which they have abandoned for months only to be replacing it with a new edition a few months from now.

In 4e they changed the Forgotten Realms setting a bunch to move it forward and fit it better with the current edition (kind of like they did in the 1st - 2nd edition switch, but a bit more severe). The new edition (coming just a few months away mind you) is either going to retcon or move past or otherwise try to erase/ignore as much of these changes as possible.

So Hasbro is trying to pretend like 4e never existed really and move on to 5e to sucker everyone back into buying their games. Yet they are releasing this 4e PC game (the first mind you) on the eve of 5e, and being an MMO it should have a long shelf life, so they are basicly laying a giant turd on their own product line (5e) and their desire to make 4e go away.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep. Most of the people I refer books to don't give two shits about DnD or games period. They just like good reads on a stable time line. Lately we haven't even gotten that here ;-/

icarr757_sl

shitlord
Very sad, 4e was perfect for the world of video games. By far the most balanced version of D&d to date. Would have given them lots of potential for video games/mmo's. Now they are going back to the old style D&d where everyone MUST have a cleric, fighters do nothing but hit you with their weapons and Vancian casters. Such a shame...

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Correct me if I'm wrong....

In order to play a Drow I need to pay $200?
mad.png

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Correct me if I'm wrong....

In order to play a Drow I need to pay $200?
mad.png
I believe it's just the "renegade race" which is drow + added features. Essentially, it let's you be Drizzt, but to be a drow I think you are fine with just base game.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
I believe it's just the "renegade race" which is drow + added features. Essentially, it let's you be Drizzt, but to be a drow I think you are fine with just base game.
Thanks for clarifying this. Well, I know I will download the game just to roll a Drow :p

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That stream is so funny. Anyway, the font they use for pc/npc names seems identical to LotR.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
They've had plans for years but they had problems with various people having the rights. They got those back in mid 2011 but no idea what they've done since. Talking about wizards here.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm tired of Crytpic Studios fucking up everything they get their hands on. I'm not even going to give them the opportunity to disappoint me this time.

It wouldn't surprise me if the first sword I had drop wasn't a "+1 Longsword", but "+30 sword arc, +20 leg revival Sword of the Jester". Fuck Cryptic, right in the ear.