Neverwinter: PC

supertouch_sl

shitlord
i'd be more excited if this actually had a compelling single-player story and wasn't your run-of-the-mill solo mmo. when will a developer make a baldur's gate with co-op?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
i'd be more excited if this actually had a compelling single-player story and wasn't your run-of-the-mill solo mmo. when will a developer make a baldur's gate with co-op?
Never.

Because as entertaining as loading into the first map outside of the starting town only to be hit by a pile of 9 bandits who one shot you actually WAS in retrospect (also, fuck that bear), it's not sexy for an MMO to be challenging anymore... at least to the money men.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
It was that stupid Ogre just past the crossroad in the second zone that always got me, fucker is a pain in the ass to kill unless you're a cleric or you kite him.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
Looks alright from that stream, presuming of course that they fix the enormous amount of technical failures they had during it and you can turn the rumble screen off.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
Someone post or PM me how this plays, I am not about to spend 200 to get in beta for game made by Perfect world and Cryptic= Oxymoron.

Also even in the Videos Graphics looked like fucking 2007 at best, so im looking for how it plays and is it fun, do the graphics look like sega dreamcast or ps2,ps3,xbox 360 etc.
In other words dated as fuck.

ty

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Graphics do look dated, but whatever. Game doesn't look like it's bringing anything new to the table, though. Idk.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
We haven't seen much of the Founding (their scenario creation tool) yet.
While I can see SOME cool things coming from this... I'm expecting 'BGH $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$' maps.

Other thing is the combat seems like typical Cryptic combat... which is mediocre but tends to get drowned out in its own mediocrity.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Not sure what is going on but there seems to be a lot of people playing at the moment. I say that because I have noticed several tweets and retweet regarding the game. Most interesting one was the MMORPG.com retweet earlier of some guy saying the game is a "keeper" ...

caramon13_sl

shitlord
Meh..mmo's today are always such a tease in the beginning with their new appeal, quests, etc. But I agree this game doesn't have "much" new to bring to the table. The stream was fun to watch and there was a lot of cool flashy stuff but many games have done that, like TERA, GW2, etc and they just can't last long-term.

Valamyr_sl

shitlord
It was that stupid Ogre just past the crossroad in the second zone that always got me, fucker is a pain in the ass to kill unless you're a cleric or you kite him.
If you need the help, it's rather simple to grab Khalid and Jaheira before tackling that Ogre. For marginally more effort, you can face him with Ajantis and Kivan to boot. Nobody said you had to clear zones the moment you stepped into them; the early game is all about forcing you to adapt to difficult circumstances. Then you faceroll the heck of Bhaal's legacy for 200 hours. Acceptable tradeoff.

Back of topic; played Neverwinter most of the weekend. Maybe not groundbreaking MMO-wise, but when it closed, I had an incredible urge to replay the entire OC... so at the very least I have to give the game high marks for mood and integrating past storyline elements. Whether or not they adhere to their promise to keep the game 'not P2W' will likely determine how hooked I get leter on.

Grimsark

I am about as impatient as I can possibly be to dive into the Foundry. I so hope its as awesome as it looks.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Not sure what is going on but there seems to be a lot of people playing at the moment. I say that because I have noticed several tweets and retweet regarding the game. Most interesting one was the MMORPG.com retweet earlier of some guy saying the game is a "keeper" ...
No one gives a flying fuck what any of those morons over at mmowhores.com has to say about anything. The only thing that site is good for is the occasional beta key give-away.