Neverwinter: PC

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, all your launch day buddies are here for the party..
1) Lag? Check (frequently having 10 second d bursts)
2) Rubberbanding? Oh course, how could you invite lag and not it's little brother?
3) Queues to get on? Oh hell yeah. I just connected to a queue of 4000 or so, and my queue position keeps going up, it's at 39808 right now.

So far my only experience in game was earlier today where I realized that as with most games the first 10-15 levels are pretty much "faceroll... repeat."

For some reason the graphics are reminding me a lot of Rifts.

Syringed_sl

shitlord
A Queue that counts upwards and Neverwinter's official website has the $200 "Hero of the North" pack as the only listed way of skipping them? Marketing genius.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The game gets noticeably more difficult in the late 20s and by the 40s it really requires that people play their roles... unfortunately the early part of the game that resembles 6 year olds playing soccer does nothing to teach them their roles.

With competant people the dungeons are a blast... otherwise the end bosses are a nightmare of clerics who are at the bottom of the healing chart, rogues who refuse to attack adds, tanks that try and tank the adds instead of the boss etc. Wizards are by far the worst offenders however because they seem afraid of their own spells and refuse to use different ones when grouping vs solo.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I logged in ~1h ago and had a 1800 queue that took ~15 mins to go through.

Anyway, looking for people to group & shit.

gogusrl the great weapon fighter on mindflayer.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Numerous times I've gone to download this game but thought against it as it hasn't got great reviews so far from FOH but the foundry sounds like such a fucken good idea! At the moment POE has me hooked tho. Now theres a game made for gamers.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It sucks shit the first few levels. I haven't gotten a character past 22 though.

However, even if you get bored of the game people have been making some really fantastic quests to be honest. & you still get levels and loot and all that.

Tide27_sl

shitlord
I am not one to just shit on a game for no apparent reason and not speak if the problem is rectified.

Earlier today when I logged in and played the graphics were complete shit and washed out. I changed every setting known and it was still trash. For whatever reason I just logged on and whatever the issue was seems to be rectified and the graphics are much better than before.

Caliane

First impression was kindof meh.

But the more I think about it. the more I like it.

First I think I have to note, Cryptic doesn't get the credit they deserve. they make budget MMOS which makes them the black sheep for mmo elitists. But, considered the budgets they build for, tend to pack a ton of innovation. Neverwinter, Champions, STO, CoH,CoV. not one is a WoW clone. are they flawed? yes. but consider the budgets, what do you expect?

This one was built for f2p and it shows. CO's implemented F2p was awful. this remains to be seen. But even in a few hours, I could see a number of elements that are f2p/mobile friendly designs.
Events. hourly bonus's. This encourages you to log in and play for 20m or so, at random times during the day. Think the metal dungeons in puzzles and dragons. It stole the crafting system from SWTOR. which is good at face value. havent played enough to see if it falls apart. It too is very handheld friendly. and really same as TOR, needs a mobile app to allow crafting on mobile devices. The 10-20m intervals early, and probably 1-2 hours for later crafting I bet. again, this shit screams mobile device skinner box. Praying same deal. once/day, or 1/hour.
This is super casual, and super compulsive. good for casuals. the hardcore might not care or like it.

Foundry is of course looking really good so far too.

I was a bit surprised by the character creator. And the one foundry I tried, which was fairly RP heavy. Lots of dialogue, felt very NWN module.

Caliane

First impression was kindof meh.

But the more I think about it. the more I like it.

First I think I have to note, Cryptic doesn't get the credit they deserve. they make budget MMOS which makes them the black sheep for mmo elitists. But, considered the budgets they build for, tend to pack a ton of innovation. Neverwinter, Champions, STO, CoH,CoV. not one is a WoW clone. are they flawed? yes. but consider the budgets, what do you expect? I'll take a team that trys new things, and has good ideas.

This one was built for f2p and it shows. CO's implemented F2p was awful. this remains to be seen. But even in a few hours, I could see a number of elements that are f2p/mobile friendly designs.
Events. hourly bonus's. This encourages you to log in and play for 20m or so, at random times during the day. Think the metal dungeons in puzzles and dragons. It stole the crafting system from SWTOR. which is good at face value. havent played enough to see if it falls apart. It too is very handheld friendly. and really same as TOR, needs a mobile app to allow crafting on mobile devices. The 10-20m intervals early, and probably 1-2 hours for later crafting I bet. again, this shit screams mobile device skinner box. Praying same deal. once/day, or 1/hour.
This is super casual, and super compulsive. good for casuals. the hardcore might not care or like it.

Foundry is of course looking really good so far too.

I was a bit surprised by the character creator. And the one foundry I tried, which was fairly RP heavy. Lots of dialogue, felt very NWN module.

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
Is there a way to see what level is the foundry quest designed for or do they scale? When I took a look I didn't find any option to filter by level. Also is there a filter for solo/group foundry quests?

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
loving this

j2kynkCl.jpg

edit : where's the mobile / web shit ? I can't find anything relevant on the main page.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Get everything up and patched last night but bedtime came about an hour after waiting in que. Hope it gets better by the time I get home from work, looking foward to messing around with this. Enjoyed the one beta week I played.

axeman_sl

shitlord
The gameplay is fun but the game is thinly-veiled pay2win. While there isn't gear for $ale that's better than what you can get through in-game means, it takes an absolutely retarded amount of time to get anything the traditional way. We're talking weeks of grinding for an item. You can't even get bags without Zen (the RMT currency), and although you can buy Zen for Astral Diamonds, there's a cap on the amount of AD you can get per day. Worst of all, however, are the little things they snuck into the cash shop: 200-charge full heal stones and AoE rez scrolls. They aren't technically gear, but there's nothing comparable that can be obtained via gameplay, and these items are so retardedly overpowered that they literally eliminate the need for healers altogether. I calculated that it would take about eight days of grinding at 8h/day to get one Greater Stone of Health through selling AD for Zen, so it's clearly designed to be effectively impossible to get without swinging the ol' Visa card. This game could have been pretty neat, but they'll kill it with greed. Nobody is going to take it seriously for more than a couple of weeks and then there'll be the typical mass exodus you see in every MMORPG that turns out to be a half-assed cash grab.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Nobody is taking it seriously now, it's just a fun game to hop on and play.

I mean, what they did with adding the Foundry was brilliant. They basically took the Steam Workshop and implemented it into an MMO (except you use all the assets of the game instead of making your own) ... so even if they are slow as shit at putting out content, there are hundreds of other quests being made by players. Considering it's a F2P MMO, I expect a stupid as shit cash shop, but I'm totally fine with that because I have a new quest to do every day if I so wish. Couldn't give a shit less about spending any money at all - and I'm glad you have to grind for gear anyways.