Neverwinter: PC

lindz

#DDs
I logged off after ~30 minutes in queue on my cleric yesterday, wanted to get a quick dungeon in during dungeon delve but wasn't going to happen.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Is anyone playing Control Wizard ? Curious how a mage is implemented in this game. Do they actually CC mobs ? Or do they play like every other class ?
( animations aside )

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is anyone playing Control Wizard ? Curious how a mage is implemented in this game. Do they actually CC mobs ? Or do they play like every other class ?
( animations aside )
Mostly DPS, with short CC. Biggest advantage of the wizard is Arcane singularity, which is a massive aoe pull+stun daily, it extremely useful since it stacks every mobs on top of each other then stun them and with the correct spec you can cast it very often. Other than that it's typical ranged DPS, has some CC/utility but nothing really like aoe mez or whatever, max CC duration is like 5secs and it's single target.

Plaid_sl

shitlord
I think they really need to work towards increasing the party size to accommodate the overflow of DPS. This game seems to suffer from it more than most I've played. I prefer playing a rogue but with reading here and in game chat about how short queues are for tanks, I can't help but drift towards continuing to level up my guardian.

Disp_sl

shitlord
I'm up to early/mid 50's, and wizards are starting to beat me in DPS as a rogue in dungeons. They have awesome CC that pulls mobs to a central spot, then some nice AE spells that just crush shit. Rogues are great single target DPS, but from what I've seen wizards are the best overall DPS in end game. Plus their CC is awesome.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Best F2P mmorpg ever you mean? Cuz otherwise I could think better F2P games (LoL and PS2 come to mind first but I'm sure there'S more).

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Yea, has to be MMO. I agree that LoL is a stronger representative across genres. I can't even play PS2. I can play dozens of higher quality games. No clue. /shrug

Uzi_sl

shitlord
So if I understand this correctly the white (common) companions can only get to level 15 max, and the level cap goes up with the rarity, purple being able to hit 60? Anyone know if the blue/purple companions drop somewhere or are they cash shop only? Being a 35 cleric my lvl 15 tank companion has basically become useless.

lindz

#DDs
Yeah I need to find another good tank companion. The man at arms was great, but starting to feel dated. On some quest boss he gets like 2 shotted and I just can't keep him up. Its a pain.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
So if I understand this correctly the white (common) companions can only get to level 15 max, and the level cap goes up with the rarity, purple being able to hit 60? Anyone know if the blue/purple companions drop somewhere or are they cash shop only? Being a 35 cleric my lvl 15 tank companion has basically become useless.
Purples go up to level 30, whites 15 and greens, I think, 20.

I haven't seen any non cash shop/founders package purples. There are books on the companion vendor that aren't implemented yet that improve the quality of companions, but I don't know what currency will be used for it.

I like the cleric companion as a cleric, I kill shit plenty fast at 50 and the extra healing helps.

I have heard that you can trade companions on the AH but haven't looked into it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Purple companions go to 30, that's the max. They are supposedly gonna add something for AD that lets you level white companions higher, no idea when though.

Considering the lack of open world, just connected instances, I'd say in a lot of ways Vindictus is a better f2p than this. Quite a bit more grindy, but 100x better combat.

ixian_sl

shitlord
I'm up to early/mid 50's, and wizards are starting to beat me in DPS as a rogue in dungeons. They have awesome CC that pulls mobs to a central spot, then some nice AE spells that just crush shit. Rogues are great single target DPS, but from what I've seen wizards are the best overall DPS in end game. Plus their CC is awesome.
They can also ruin other people's DPS if they decide to use their AOE knockback move. D:

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Considering the lack of open world, just connected instances, I'd say in a lot of ways Vindictus is a better f2p than this. Quite a bit more grindy, but 100x better combat.
Was about to say something about Vindictus as well. Beside WoW/Eve it's the only "mmo" (if you can call it that) that I've played for quite a bit.

I'm still waiting for an invite or something to the guild.[email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */

Lodor_sl

shitlord
I think dragon nest is better than vindictus. Both those mentioned sucked for their first year or so also. Im thinking in a year neverwinter will be a lot better than it currently is.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Started up a cleric last night but didn't have a lot of time to play around, got to level 9. A bit better gameplay than the GWF though but it's still early.