Neverwinter: PC

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Dungeons scale weird they are cake until 40s, well entire game is easy until 40s, I didn't die once until first dragon encounter then I ran out of healing kits I died so much. Haven't done mid game since launch but I read it is still the same.

If you play this game and make it to where you can ride a mount it is worth the money to purchase the fastest speed right away.

Caliane

NW has some decent dungeons. but it also suffers from the 5 side paths, but only one matters for loot chest, etc. so all the side stuff no one ever does. most people probably dont even know there ARE sidebosses in Neverwinter. Or hidden rooms/chests.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If you play this game and make it to where you can ride a mount it is worth the money to purchase the fastest speed right away.
So after reading this, I looked at Zen prices and whatnot. $25 is the cheapest epic horse, but I see you can upgrade a regular horse for 600k and 1.4 million astral diamonds. This led me to try to figure out how astral diamonds work and fuck this is some complicated shit.

I looked at the noobie guide and didn't see anything about exchange rates or what to expect or anything.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So after reading this, I looked at Zen prices and whatnot. $25 is the cheapest epic horse, but I see you can upgrade a regular horse for 600k and 1.4 million astral diamonds. This led me to try to figure out how astral diamonds work and fuck this is some complicated shit.

I looked at the noobie guide and didn't see anything about exchange rates or what to expect or anything.
Either go straight zen for the 30.00(cheaper if you catch a sale) or best bang for your buck is one of the packs like Guardian or knight of Feywild etc. Just make sure whatever you pick up is account bound not per character.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Unless you do gauntlgrym pvp (which is just horse racing and not really pvp) then there is no reason to pay $ for a mount when the 50% one for 5gold works just fine.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The time saved on the fastest mount says otherwise, if you don't know what you are missing then yes use the 50% speed mount but 110% is glorious and I could never go back.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I was planning on throwing some money at them for the month I'm hoping to get out of the game, but I didn't have a very good feeling about $25 for just a mount. Guess I'll bite the bullet and grab a pack.

Edit: Doesn't look like there's a pack with a mount in it zzz

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Don't open your "adventurer's reward" boxes unless you already know what's in them. Various ranks of the box have guaranteed coupons in them. For example, the level 20 box has a 15% off zen store mount coupon. The catch is the coupons expire 1 hour after being opened.

If you're going to buy a zen mount, wait until you're ready to open the box, get the coupon, and use it at time of purchase. 15% off the epic accountwide mount is 375 zen saved, a value of 187,500 astral diamonds.

Higher ranks of the box have other useful (1 hour duration) coupons too, such as 15% off character slots, 20% off a companion, etc.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider

1 zen = 500 astral diamonds when converted using the exchange, goes both ways.

Astral diamonds you earn through various in-game activities. Zen is the cash currency. Upgrading a mount using the in-game upgrades costs a total of 2,000,000 astral diamonds, which has an equivalent zen value of 4,000. You can buy a max rank mount, claimable on every character on your account, for 2,500 zen (2,125 if you use the coupon trick in my previous post).

Short story, upgrading your mount with diamonds is a complete trap. If you want an epic mount, convert your diamonds to zen, and buy one on the zen store for far, far less.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Fairly quick queues I'm finding. Same issues in every other PvP MMO though. 99% of the people don't know what they are doing and the remaining 1% afk if you aren't going to steamroll the other team.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
it takes less than a day to level from 1 to cap during normal time. with 2x weekend it's < 8 hours and you'll need to skip every other leveling zone or you'll stop getting exp cus you outlevel things too much.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I take it the idea is to look at the AH price, the astral to zen exchange rate, and the zen cost of whatever item/package to figure out which saves you the most. In this case, bags. Because holy shit, I had to stop a half dozen times to delete stuff during the course of one dungeon. Freemium always seems to gouge you on the bag space and the mount speed. (thanks for the mount loan!)

Also, at these levels a dungeon seems to be at least a two hour commitment when you factor in queue times. And the tooltip lies and says queuing for the dungeon during the bonus gets you the chest. Not if two more bonus rounds come and go before your fuckin queue pops.

I finally died once. The final boss of uh, whatever the second dungeon was called. Everyone was tunneling boss per usual and there was this huge juicy pack to aoe and I paid no attention to my health. But man was that some glorious damage with seismic + rain + tight spread shots. I wish the fuckin thing was free target instead of locking on to some dick that runs around and ruins the angle. (hello barrage)

As far as skipping grey zones - nah. This is casualmode - no need to rush, may as well see all the bullshit there is to see before we reach the gay endless grind stuff.