Neverwinter: PC

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Trapper rangers well played are up there in damage now, with a bunch of utility to boot. They are like wizards themselves now. Great Weapon Fighters have become the kings of damage and I think they still are. I finally dropped out of this a few weeks ago, right after the guild strongholds hit.

I thought I saw a rumor that the DDoS attacks were in retaliation for them announcing the removal of diamonds from the Leadership profession, totally gutting the only good way to make diamonds. It is down to just praying for one of the super rare artifacts to drop out of one of the T1 dungeons now for making money, unless they totally retool how they handle refining up enchantments and artifacts. There is just going to be no way to overcome the massive hard requirements for astral diamonds in a reasonable timeframe - because the grind requirements are pretty much impossible to do in the current state of the game without buying huge amounts of refinement point items from bots.

Goatface

Whats the better Paragon path for raw dps for Control Wizard? Will probably try a bunch of different classes.
Ironzerg's build is/was one the tops for CW,
Spellstorm Renegade Guide: Death is the Best Crowd Control
not played CW is months so i have no idea if it is still holding up.

------

really don't know how they are going to fix the bot problem. they really don't seem to be on top of anything. thought it was interesting word is the leadership nerf came from Cryptic. don't know how indicative the steam population numbers are of the over health of the game, but they keep getting lower.

Goatface

anyone still play?
seems like they are pulling some risky moves to make $, while new content has been pretty weak

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
anyone still play?
seems like they are pulling some risky moves to make $, while new content has been pretty weak
I've been holding out for a new class (hoping for bard or monk but I imagine its going to be druid). Paladin was a year ago...

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Are there any good theorycrafting websites for this game anymore? The "official" forums are a cesspool and they don't even have class forums.

Loco_sl

shitlord
Just picked this up on a whim about 2 weeks ago. Very fun low levels, but a bit overwhelming to figure all out the details. Lots of Alt+Tab.

I like the world, UI, systems, and classes so far. Leveling is super easy for anyone that has played a MMO before. I've only died twice, and once was because I fell in a hole while multitasking.

Seems like the game has a healthy population, and it's not bad as far as FTP goes. I'm only level 38, so we'll see how things go closer to level cap.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just picked this up on a whim about 2 weeks ago. Very fun low levels, but a bit overwhelming to figure all out the details. Lots of Alt+Tab.

I like the world, UI, systems, and classes so far. Leveling is super easy for anyone that has played a MMO before. I've only died twice, and once was because I fell in a hole while multitasking.

Seems like the game has a healthy population, and it's not bad as far as FTP goes. I'm only level 38, so we'll see how things go closer to level cap.
If you made it that far grab the fastest mount for cheapest you can and fun factor goes way up.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Oh cool- I was looking for a high fantasy RPG to play and free MMO would fit that just fine. I prefer to play everything on console these days since I don't care to keep up with PC gaming anymore.

Goatface

just be warned the xbox port is fairly crappy and they don't give a shit about it except as a cash cow.

overall they appear to be running with the most basic of dev teams now and have hard deadlines for new content
so they push out broken shit all the time.

for xbox, missing features include, custom chat channels, foundry (player made content), gateway (web based app) that allows buy, sell, view character stuff, guild stuff, trade skills and play the Sword Coast Adventures mini game which has some of the best companion gear.
also no test servers, logging tools and several zen items cost way more than pc.

population has been going down pretty steadily for the last few months as they nerf more and more stuff to get people to spend cash.

expect to take over a year to get your character decently geared up or prepare to spend several hundred bucks if not more.

Treesong

Did the Foundry thing take off? Are there any interesting player-made questlines/dungeons or do they all suffer from restrictive and/or lacking tools? I remember some players really diving into this and trying hard to make something interesting but they complained about not having the tools to make NPC AI interesting with scripts and such.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Players were creating custom dungeons of just rooms of monsters and treasure chests for easy farming. In response devs took away basically all rewards and exp gains from player created content, which made it pointless for anyone to run, which made the whole system worthless and ignored.

Treesong

Players were creating custom dungeons of just rooms of monsters and treasure chests for easy farming. In response devs took away basically all rewards and exp gains from player created content, which made it pointless for anyone to run, which made the whole system worthless and ignored.
What a pity. I think the only way to go about this, is to assign a dev or QA person to rate any content submitted by a player and see if it's worthy content. I realize that this would pretty much rule out little timmy with his kewl dungeon and only leave those that have a knack for it and really put the work into it.

We know there are some hardcore quest/level builders out there who love to do this and I think a feature like this should concentrate on those people, and steer away from this being a feature that is meant for everybody. Surely it must still be cheaper for a company to employ a dedicated QA person for this who can rate such content, then having to design all that content themselves.

That is, if the tools are any good.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I remember leveling in Foundry at launch. Just endless corridors of ogres, since ogres were big sacks of EXP and HP that didn't auto-attack much, just had big, predictable, easily-dodged swings.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some of those early foundry missions were gold. People we're super clever about creating stuff.

The leveling ones we're pretty lol-worthy also. I remember a few that were masterpiece creations in themselves on top of an xp farm.